User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

UPDATE: Okay, I hate freaking myself out. After writing the above, I just ran across this.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-antho...ahoo_pitchlist

On the eve of her sentencing that could set her free for the first time in nearly three years, a look back at Casey Anthony's jailhouse letters show that the 25-year-old may have more children upon her release.

"I had a dream not too long ago that I was pregnant," wrote Casey Anthony in one of more than 50 letters she sent to fellow inmate Robyn Adams between 2008 and 2009 when the two were housed in the Orlando County Jail in Florida.

"It was like having Cays all over again," she wrote, referring to her dead daughter, Caylee. "I've thought about adopting, which even sounds weird to me saying it, but there are so many children that deserve to be loved."

The letters were released in April 2010 by prosecutors preparing for Casey Anthony's trial. In more than 250 handwritten pages, Casey Anthony discusses life behind bars, what she misses most about her old life and what she hopes to do when she's released...

...In one undated letter among the document dump, Anthony writes to Adams, "Let's make a deal ? let's get pregnant together ? if it's really possible to plan it." ...

Maybe we need a rule prohibiting people from having more children if they lose/break/disdain their first one.

Skimming the rest of the article, her comments seems to be a combination of completely cluelessness coupled with the sort of self-absorption that occurs when you are confined in a situation and have no one else to focus on. She's very self-referential.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    UPDATE: Okay, I hate freaking myself out. After writing the above, I just ran across this.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-antho...ahoo_pitchlist

Maybe we need a rule prohibiting people from having more children if they lose/break/disdain their first one.
    Yeah when the genital collection program gets started Casey A name should be on the list.

That is my greatest (albeit[hopefully] unreasonable) fear of putting up a child for adoption. Having Casey Anthony assigned as the adoptive parent.

I can see myself at the hospital and having her show up and suddenly dashing over to the doctor saying "Um doc, just leave the head in. Looks like we are going for the partial birth abortion route afterall."
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Yeah when the genital collection program gets started Casey A name should be on the list.
    That is my greatest (albeit[hopefully] unreasonable) fear of putting up a child for adoption. Having Casey Anthony assigned as the adoptive parent.
    Okay. That just REALLY creeped me out.

The adoption agency I worked with was very thorough and credentialed. I just wonder how many fly-by-nights out there will place kids with unsuitable parents.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    WTF does this detour into crazyland have to do with "reasonable"?
    I don't see anything unreasonable about believing George could've been molesting Caylee. It came up in court that Casey was possibly molested by her father and her brother.
    We know that George is not of good moral structure, as he has also been having an affair with a lady who came to their house to help find Caylee.
    George also racked up a debt of 40k which Cindy had to pay, and he claimed he lost the money on an African scam.
    etc. etc. etc.
    Casey seems like she might've very well been molested.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I don't see anything unreasonable about believing George could've been molesting Caylee. It came up in court that Casey was possibly molested by her father and her brother.
    Oh, you mean the unsubstantiated allegation her lawyer brought up that he was forbidden from referencing in closing arguments because no evidence was offered?

So very reasonable!

Maybe Cubans abducted Caylee in a dry run for their Red Dawn-style invasion of Florida too.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Oh, you mean the unsubstantiated allegation her lawyer brought up that he was forbidden from referencing in closing arguments because no evidence was offered?

So very reasonable!

Maybe Cubans abducted Caylee in a dry run for their Red Dawn-style invasion of Florida too.
    You have to take into account other factors that would lead you to believe it could be possible. It doesn't need definite evidence, just possibility. And one thing IS evident, and that is the fact that George is not what I would call a moral individual, based on other accounts, his own presentation, and Casey's state of mental health.

People aren't convicted simply on evidence or lack of, as we all know.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

You have to take into account other factors that would lead you to believe it could be possible. It doesn't need evidence, just possibility.
    YES IT DOES. That's what trials are about.

I don't see why you are so hot to play the "what if" game in favor of the defendant based on absolutely no evidence, but will ignore the actual evidence that is against the defendant and call it all "reasonable".

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

YES IT DOES. That's what trials are about.

I don't see why you are so hot to play the "what if" game in favor of the defendant based on absolutely no evidence, but will ignore the actual evidence that is against the defendant and call it all "reasonable".
    You ignore all evidence that George is not of moral character, and that apparently he is uninterested in his daughter's mental health and has been negligent toward her, in order to focus on one little fact that there is nothing YOU can see with the naked eye that will prove that Casey is molested. There is evidence that she was possibly molested, and I've already listed it, so I see no point in continuing with this discussion. When I said, "it doesn't need evidence,", I meant of the kind that you are speaking of, the kind of evidence YOU can SEE for certain (such as a physical examination), which seems to be the only kind you will accept as evidence. If that's the way trials went, our jails would be empty.

You also keep picking and choosing and taking my words out of the context they were meant to be in, in order to ignore facts and evidence, and to argue points I never meant to make.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

You ignore all evidence that George is not of moral character, and that apparently he is uninterested in his daughter's mental health and has been negligent toward her, in order to focus on one little fact that there is nothing YOU can see with the naked eye that will prove that Casey is molested. There is evidence that she was possibly molested, and I've already listed it, so I see no point in continuing with this discussion. When I said, "it doesn't need evidence,", I meant of the kind that you are speaking of, the kind of evidence YOU can SEE for certain (such as a physical examination), which seems to be the only kind you will accept as evidence. If that's the way trials went, our jails would be empty.
    When you elevate conjecture to the level of evidence, you've gotten sloppy in your legal thinking. The defense was specifically shut down by the judge on the molestation accusation for lack of evidence. To then bootstrap that broken theory to another one to suggest the deceased was also molested... I don't even know where to start with that kind of defective logic.

You don't need physical evidence. Casey herself could've taken the stand and testified to the abuse. That's good enough.

Instead the defense offered nothing.

NOTHING.

And that's why there is no reasonable doubt.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

When you elevate conjecture to the level of evidence, you've gotten sloppy in your legal thinking. The defense was specifically shut down by the judge on the molestation accusation for lack of evidence. To then bootstrap that broken theory to another one to suggest the deceased was also molested... I don't even know where to start with that kind of defective logic.

You don't need physical evidence. Casey herself could've taken the stand and testified to the abuse. That's good enough.

Instead the defense offered nothing.

NOTHING.

And that's why there is no reasonable doubt.
    I am not of a legal mind and don't claim to be. I listen and use common sense, knowledge, and experience in order to determine whether she premeditated murder or not, and the answer is "no". I have reason to believe that there are other options.

I personally believed that George probably molested her before it was ever presented, so it doesn't take evidence in court to make me believe it. The suggestion only made me consider it moreso. I think for alot of people, just the suggestion is enough when someone is obviously not moral in so many other ways, and Casey and George's relationship is inappropriate. I consider other forms of "evidence" not proven in court, as evidence, and most people do. Which is why I said that people are not convicted on pure court evidence only.....especially when there is a jury involved. Character has a lot to do with it.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype