User Tag List

First 4121314

ThatGirl

I think mentally ill people are responsible for their own actions, just like everyone else.

*awaits mass backlash*

MBTI
    ISTx

soul mates!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Can't say we agree on that one.
    I think even the biggest retard isn't compelled to kill a little boy and stick him in a freezer. Generally when that happens, there is a deep psychological problem..... in this country, anyway.

Was he insane in the membrane? Hell yes.
    But I can't stand when people who do things like this get off by using an insane defense. He was a functioning individual.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Was he insane in the membrane? Hell yes.
    But I can't stand when people who do things like this get off by using an insane defense. He was a functioning individual.
    Ahhh yea, makes sense from that perspective.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Psychological problem, obviously... But a diagnosis of "mentally ill" that separates him as being responsible for the abominable actions he took, no. I can't fathom anyone truly feeling justified in cutting a screaming child in half, no matter how clinically "off" they may be.

I'm reading an amazing book now by journalist David Simon (and creator of the show The Wire) called Homicide that follows Baltimore detectives on a case very similar to this. A 9 year old girl raped, gutted and left to rot in a downtown alley. I can't wait until I get to the part where they have caught the bastard. Oh sweet justice.
    I'll have to check that out....
    I've been getting into "playing detective" lately
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I'll have to check that out....
    I've been getting into "playing detective" lately

Please do check it out. It's so good. I don't read a lot (I'm kind of picky), but I argue that there isn't a better true crime novel out there... The angles and depths that David Simon explores police work and describes it in the book is astounding. It's gritty and organic. If I wasn't as lazy I'd type up a few excerpts. I'm sure it's at a local library, if not you can buy it used on amazon for $5.

I heard about this case on the radio the other day and read that the verdict came down today. I can't help but make the comparison to the Casey Anthony trial. This hasn't had NEARLY the same media coverage. Is it safe to assume it is because they're black? I can't see many differences.

Zinah Jennings Gives Birth To Second Child During Trial Over First Child Missing

Her son, Amir Jennings has been missing since Thanksgiving of 2011 and has yet to be found. Jennings herself has given conflicting stories on what she did with her son although Amir’s blood has been identified in Jennings car.

A South Carolina mother was convicted Friday of breaking the law by refusing to tell authorities where her missing toddler son has gone and was sentenced to the maximum of 10 years in prison.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I'm a bit unsure of what the question is specifically.. are you asking if the case wasn't as public simply because it was a black woman as opposed to a white woman, implying that it is more shocking that a white woman did it?

Or is the question that it was covered up more because of the bad publicity of a black woman doing a crime like this in comparison to throwing a white woman out for the world to see?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge