User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    From my perspective,the law enforcers/judicial system, at the level most people deal with, exacerbate societal inequities.
    Howso?
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^because the courts reflex society. i.e the beautiful, the educated, the celebrities and especially the rich, are treated better.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Howso?
    Because segments of our society carry with them inherent advantages/disadvantages based on SES, race, gender and appearances. These inherent inequities affect how they are treated/judged in everyday life, including how they are treated/judged by the media, law enforcers and the judicial system. The verdict in this case did not surprise me, in fact the verdict was consistent with a phenomenon called "the halo effect". Basically, we generally judge what is attractive to be "good", and we tend to ignore evidence that doesn't agree with this assessment. This article discusses this concept in greater depth.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    From my perspective,the law enforcers/judicial system, at the level most people deal with, exacerbate societal inequities.
    In that case, I'd imagine that you believe that our dispute resolution system is inherently unjust.

Nice location, btw

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    In that case, I'd imagine that you believe that our dispute resolution system is inherently unjust.

Nice location, btw
    If the parties in question differ in qualities, especially SES and education, then yes, I agree with your assessment.

What the founders of this place lacked in originality they made for with accuracy.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    You are right. 4 million babies are born each year in the USA, and if that 200 per year figure is accurate, that is 1 in every 20,000 children. By comparison, 7,000 children die of SIDS each year.
    Lol, now those are some stats.

MBTI
    ISTx

Fuck this planet. In cases as this, I fully support "eye for an eye" justice. Tie the suspect up, give the boy's parents a butcher knife and let's call it a day.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/13...-brooklyn-boy/

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    Fuck this planet. In cases as this, I fully support "eye for an eye" justice. Tie the suspect up, give the boy's parents a butcher knife and let's call it a day.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/13...-brooklyn-boy/
    VERY upsetting. *sigh* The murderer was probably NOT mentally ill, just an idiot. And an unempathetic one at that. An innocent boy came in contact with an idiot, and now the little boy is dead and his parents will live the rest of their lives with sorrow and regret.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    VERY upsetting. *sigh* The murderer was probably NOT mentally ill, just an idiot. And an unempathetic one at that. An innocent boy came in contact with an idiot, and now the little boy is dead and his parents will live the rest of their lives with sorrow and regret.
    Can't say we agree on that one.
    I think even the biggest retard isn't compelled to kill a little boy and stick him in a freezer. Generally when that happens, there is a deep psychological problem..... in this country, anyway.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTx

Psychological problem, obviously... But a diagnosis of "mentally ill" that separates him as being responsible for the abominable actions he took, no. I can't fathom anyone truly feeling justified in cutting a screaming child in half, no matter how clinically "off" they may be.

I'm reading an amazing book now by journalist David Simon (and creator of the show The Wire) called Homicide that follows Baltimore detectives on a case very similar to this. A 9 year old girl raped, gutted and left to rot in a downtown alley. I can't wait until I get to the part where they have caught the bastard. Oh sweet justice.