User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 138

  1. #101
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    lane, I thought your post was a good one. I think we can make some leeway into understanding.
    I understand that you think Casey is guilty, and that justice is unserved, and I think I can imagine how that would feel to me. I tried to validate your feelings, because I learned a while back that feelings matter. It's about the best I can do right now.
    I think any scenario is possible, but most have been defined, that Casey could go down a "worse" path or a "better" path. I think the only path for her now is to make money from the notoriety she has received, and/or hit skid row. She has even less options than she had before, but one she does have, can make her a millionaire. I, however, would be willing to bet a lot of money on the fact that she will never kill again, regardless. She doesn't fit the profile of someone who does. Murder, robbery, and rape don't seem to be her thing....
    I haven't checked network polls, but I don't consider general views to be synonymous with my own in most circumstances, nor will they ever be.
    You might call me narrow-minded and believe me to be, and that's ok with me. I don't see myself as being something everyone is supposed to understand. However, I do see people that are out for killing a 26 year old woman who MIGHT'VE killed her child fucking DISGUSTING, and I will continue to. Yes, I am interested in this perspective, and rightly so. I wasn't upset because people were raging about the acquittal necessarily. I just get upset when people think she should be on death row..... that she should die for something they can not prove she has done. It doesn't make any sense to me from that perspective. While I certainly might be wrong about her character, I think she's too young and the truth is yet to be seen concerning casey anthony. We all know how 20 somes are, and they party and do stupid shit. She just happened to be from a shit family.
    No, I most certainly think the legal system is far from perfect, and yes, I'm sure they make mistakes all the time, but I don't think this is one of those times. I've watched Casey grow through this, and I think she can be a better person. She might not ever be, but I see the potential.
    Then again, I see potential most people never could... unless someone has reached the end of the line, I see potential. I think it's supposed to be that way.
    I know you bowed out of the discussion, and it was hard for us to make any kind of connection, but I guess you will read this. If you do, lol, you know i've got to end with a bang.
    Last edited by ICUP; 07-10-2011 at 04:17 PM.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  2. #102
    nevermore lane777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    The manner and cause of Caylee's death could not be determined due to decomposition. The famous medical examiner, Dr. G, spoke on the witness stand for the prosecution about the duct tape being a key indicator of fowl play in all cases. (I'm paraphrasing that.) The problem I have with her testimony is that she did not mention the body may have been staged with the duct tape to look like a murder. I see the lack of consideration as intentionally misleading the jury; though, I get it, it doesn't help the prosecution.
    I imagine she didn't mention fowl play by a different party because there is no evidence to suggest such a scenario and the prosecution is not permitted to use theories. There was however, evidence to show that Casey Anthony was a suspect. If there was no evidence to back that up, it would not have been allowed in court.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Let's say Casey went out partying, passed out early morning on a friend's couch, wakes up in the afternoon to discover she forgot she left her daughter locked in her hot car, and she's dead. During the summer days in Florida a car will turn into an oven. The chloroform may be a crude way of sedating children. We can understand when a child drowns; turn your back for 10-minutes, it happens. But a mom leaving her child locked in a hot car; it's abuse. That's my impression of societies's standards on bad stuff that happens. I think you know where I'm going with this.
    I believe I understand your point, however I'm not sure I understand why you bring it up... so maybe that means I don't actually understand your point :s
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

    INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

  3. #103
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I imagine she didn't mention fowl play by a different party because there is no evidence to suggest such a scenario and the prosecution is not permitted to use theories. There was however, evidence to show that Casey Anthony was a suspect. If there was no evidence to back that up, it would not have been allowed in court.
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I believe I understand your point, however I'm not sure I understand why you bring it up... so maybe that means I don't actually understand your point :s
    I was just throwing that out there to show how easy it is to speculate after an acquittal like this. We are left with so many unanswered questions and those of us that like to theorize can come up with endless possible scenarios. :)

  4. #104
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    "Nearly two-thirds of Americans, or 64 percent of those asked in a recent poll, believe Casey Anthony definitely or probably murdered her daughter.

    According to the poll of 1,010 adults, women are much more likely than men to believe the murder charges against Anthony and to be upset by the not-guilty verdict.

    “Women were more than twice as likely as men, 28 percent vs. 11 percent, to think Anthony definitely murdered 2-year-old Caylee. Twenty-seven percent of women said they were angry about the verdict, compared with 9 percent of men.”
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  5. #105
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    The nation is always shocked by criminal cases such as Andrea Yates, a mother of five who methodically drowned all of her children in a bathtub then calmly called police, but mothers killing their children are more common than we might think.

    According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, yet we continue to "persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior," says Jill Korbin, expert on child abuse, who has studied mothers who killed their children.

    We should detach from the idea of universal motherhood as natural and see it as a social response," Nancy Scheper-Hughes, medical anthropologist says. Women in jail reported that no-one believed them when they said they wanted to kill their children. "There's a collective denial even when mothers come right out and say, "I really shouldn't be trusted with my kids."

    A look at the rolls of women who are currently on death row, and the crimes that put them there, shows that women who kill their children are indeed not as rare as we would like to believe. Of the 49 women on death row, 11 killed children:

    Patricia Blackmon was 29 years old when she killed her 2-year-old adopted daughter in Dothan, AL in May 1999.

    Kenisha Berry at age 20, covered her 4-day-old son with duct tape resulting in his death.

    Debra Jean Milke was 25 when she killed her 4-year-old son in Arizona in 1989.

    Dora Luz Durenrostro killed her two daughters, age 4 and 9, and her son, age 8, when she was 34 years old in San Jacinto, California in 1994.

    Caro Socorro was 42 years old when she killed her three sons, ages 5, 8 and 11, in Santa Rosa Valley, California in 1999.

    Susan Eubanks murdered her four sons, ages 4, 6, 7 and 14, in San Marcos, California, in 1996 when she was 33.

    Caroline Young was 49 in Haywood, California when she killed her 4-year-old granddaughter and 6-year-old grandson.

    Robin Lee Row was 35 years old when she killed her husband, her 10-year-old son and her 8-year-old daughter in Boise, Idaho in 1992.

    Michelle Sue Tharp was 29 years old in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania when she killed her 7-year-old daughter.

    Frances Elaine Newton was 21 when she murdered her husband, 7-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter in Houston, Texas. Update: Frances Elaine Newton was executed on September 14, 2005.

    Darlie Lynn Routier was 26 in Rowlett, Texas when she was convicted of killing her 5-year-old son.

    Teresa Michelle Lewis killer her 51-year-old husband and 26-year-old step son in Keeling, Virgina when she was 33 years old.

    Korbin says there are usually clues that are obvious to those around parents who end up killing their children. "Prior to a homicide, lots of lay people know these men and women are having difficulty parenting. The public has to be better educated in recognizing how to intervene and how to support child abuse prevention," she said in an AAA press release.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  6. #106
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    I disagree. First of all that was a surprisingly small number given the amount of people who breed every year. Second like any other "public service" all publicizing it will do is cause attention seeking people to capitalize on that, now recognized, form of pain or pity. Or showing how extreme or serious they are when they think people should be listening MORE but aren't.

  7. #107
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    "Nearly two-thirds of Americans, or 64 percent of those asked in a recent poll, believe Casey Anthony definitely or probably murdered her daughter.

    According to the poll of 1,010 adults, women are much more likely than men to believe the murder charges against Anthony and to be upset by the not-guilty verdict.

    “Women were more than twice as likely as men, 28 percent vs. 11 percent, to think Anthony definitely murdered 2-year-old Caylee. Twenty-seven percent of women said they were angry about the verdict, compared with 9 percent of men.”
    Thanks for the update ICUP! I'm kind of surprised by those poll results because of the lack of evidence. I wonder how many of those participants followed the trial and understood how jury deliberations work. There are two ways to look at the poll: from a juror's vantage point or as joe schmoe off the street. If the poll didn't indicate what's up, then it seems kind of useless. What do you think?

    If I were on the jury I would say, not guilty. Do I think she's guilty? yes.

  8. #108
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I disagree. First of all that was a surprisingly small number given the amount of people who breed every year. Second like any other "public service" all publicizing it will do is cause attention seeking people to capitalize on that, now recognized, form of pain or pity. Or showing how extreme or serious they are when they think people should be listening MORE but aren't.
    I should've posted the source... http://crime.about.com/od/female_off...er_killers.htm
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  9. #109
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    ....I thought you wrote that as an opinion. Which made me more forgiving of the subjective propaganda through out the whole thing. I can't believe someone actually took the time to create that argument.

  10. #110
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    ....I thought you wrote that as an opinion. Which made me more forgiving of the subjective propaganda through out the whole thing. I can't believe someone actually took the time to create that argument.
    i just thought the statistics were interesting to see. 200 women a year kill their children..... that's kindof nasty to think about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Thanks for the update ICUP! I'm kind of surprised by those poll results because of the lack of evidence. I wonder how many of those participants followed the trial and understood how jury deliberations work. There are two ways to look at the poll: from a juror's vantage point or as joe schmoe off the street. If the poll didn't indicate what's up, then it seems kind of useless. What do you think?

    If I were on the jury I would say, not guilty. Do I think she's guilty? yes.
    I suppose it was interesting to me because it shows what people think, regardless of what they know. Yes, I am skeptical of polls, but I like seeing the results. I suppose they were looking at the actual, did they really think casey anthony murdered her, from their own vantage point.......and 39% said they believed she definitely did. I think I would fit in the "probably". I think she probably killed her, but didn't "mean" to. Good question, and I don't know exactly the questions they asked in the poll... I suppose I should try and find that information...... I generally view these polls very loosely when it comes to accuracy or truth.
    Last edited by ICUP; 07-11-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 370
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 09:54 PM
  2. [MBTItm] What's the deal with this?
    By Lily flower in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 02:58 AM
  3. [NF] To NF males, what's the deal with this guy?
    By dee in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 01:50 PM
  4. What's the deal with Socionics?
    By alicia91 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
  5. What's the deal with Water Divining?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO