User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I don't think her age has anything to do with this.
    My point being that a 26 year old girl who accidentally (or even pre-meditatively) killed her toddler is no threat to you personally. They aren't going to be walking down the street and randomly ransack and murder you. There are worst people out there you need to be worried about, all over the fricking place, that are about a billion times more likely to kill you. I initially mentioned age because I think it's cruel for people to be so bloodthirsty to put to death such a young, sick woman.

The odds of you being murdered wasn't the point. Just because you feel safe and secure isn't going to convince anyone else they should feel the same way when they come across a suspected or convicted murderer. Yes, your chances of becoming a victim may be low, but that doesn't mean anything to the murderers next victim. You're coming across like you don't value human life too much.
    Feelings are not facts. The facts tell me that regardless of how I feel, there is no point in being alarmed if Casey moves into my neighborhood, and I don't believe she is any threat to anyone else now either. Maybe she'll steal money from guys on myspace, but that is more of a learning thing..... if people are big enough suckers to fall for it, they need to learn it anyways.... no permanent damage done.

Whether or not she scares you is irrelevant. If she's guilty, people are at risk now that she's acquitted.
    Howso? Everyone better watch out - she's a toddler serial killer. I don't think it's funny at all that a little girl died; I think it's horrendous. But I do find it humorous that you think others are at risk of being murdered because Casey Anthony is free.

Those who consider Casey Anthony to be guilty, have no way of knowing if she's going to be a repeat offender/career criminal.
    Even OJ hasn't murdered again.... They murdered people who are close to them, and it's not just random murders or career criminal acts. Answer: she doesn't fit the profile of someone who murders repeatedly. Petty criminal? Sure.

If you were convinced someone was guilty of murder, but they weren't convicted, would this not upset you? If you believe her to be innocent, that's your prerogative. But many people don't... I'm one of them. All that said, I think it's perfectly warranted to feel disgust over this matter.
    Sure, I thought OJ was upsetting. I suppose if I believed she killed her, I would be upset..... but I'm a whole lot more upset over other injustices than I ever would be about this. Like career criminals repeatedly being put on the streets to kill over and over.... the media has spun this case to have more meaning for people than it really does in reality. If you only knew who you passed on the streets everyday.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    My point being that a 26 year old girl who accidentally (or even pre-meditatively) killed her toddler is no threat to you personally. They aren't going to be walking down the street and randomly ransack and murder you. There are worst people out there you need to be worried about, all over the fricking place, that are about a billion times more likely to kill you. I initially mentioned age because I think it's cruel for people to be so bloodthirsty to put to death such a young, sick woman.
    Still don't see what age has to do with this. Whatever. So you think because there are worse people out there than Casey, we should feel indifferent towards Casey and all those criminals who are less of a threat? A threat is a threat. How do you like your threats? A little threatening? But not too much? C'mon, that's not rational.

Concerning the likelihood of Casey killing again, no one can say. What we can say however, is that she is capable of murder... and for those who believe she's guilty, that is enough.

Feelings are not facts. The facts tell me that regardless of how I feel, there is no point in being alarmed if Casey moves into my neighborhood, and I don't believe she is any threat to anyone else now either.
    We're both using facts in coming to our conclusions about Casey Anthony Both the prosecutors and defendants provided facts. The jury happened to side with the defendants because the jury decided the prosecutors failed to give cause of death (which most people find preposterous). One of the jury came out to talk about the case and admitted that she decided Casey was innocent because she considered Caylee's death an accident, which had been proven in court to be impossible. I guess this individual of the jury didn't acquit Casey based on facts...

Maybe she'll steal money from guys on myspace, but that is more of a learning thing..... if people are big enough suckers to fall for it, they need to learn it anyways.... no permanent damage done.
    I value a more constructive and fair society.

Howso? Everyone better watch out - she's a toddler serial killer. I don't think it's funny at all that a little girl died; I think it's horrendous. But I do find it humorous that you think others are at risk of being murdered because Casey Anthony is free.
    She's proven she's capable.

Even OJ hasn't murdered again.... They murdered people who are close to them, and it's not just random murders or career criminal acts. Answer: she doesn't fit the profile of someone who murders repeatedly. Petty criminal? Sure.
    What evidence do you have to support how she's not capable of killing again? You have not come to this conclusion based on facts, this is how you feel... which you're entitled to.

Sure, I thought OJ was upsetting. I suppose if I believed she killed her, I would be upset.....
    The bolded is pretty much all I wanted to hear.

but I'm a whole lot more upset over other injustices than I ever would be about this. Like career criminals repeatedly being put on the streets to kill over and over.... the media has spun this case to have more meaning for people than it really does in reality. If you only knew who you passed on the streets everyday....
    Saying there are worse things to worry about is like saying the sky is blue. My point is, those who believe Casey to be guilty, are completely warranted in their disgust and their desire for justice.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Still don't see what age has to do with this. Whatever. So you think because there are worse people out there than Casey, we should feel indifferent towards Casey and all those criminals who are less of a threat? A threat is a threat. How do you like your threats? A little threatening? But not too much? C'mon, that's not rational.
    I accept the way things are, and don't feel anything much towards it, tbh. It is what it is. I just learn to survive with what's there. I don't expect an ideal or perfect world. I don't mind some criminal activity, because I think it tests people and makes them stronger. I don't feel threatened by it because I've been tested and failed enough times already lol.......

Concerning the likelihood of Casey killing again, no one can say. What we can say however, is that she is capable of murder... and for those who believe she's guilty, that is enough.
    You can fit people to profiles, and Casey doesn't fit the profile of a career criminal or a serial murderer.

We're both using facts in coming to our conclusions about Casey Anthony Both the prosecutors and defendants provided facts. The jury happened to side with the defendants because the jury decided the prosecutors failed to give cause of death (which most people find preposterous). One of the jury came out to talk about the case and admitted that she decided Casey was innocent because she considered Caylee's death an accident, which had been proven in court to be impossible. I guess this individual of the jury didn't acquit Casey based on facts...
    Most people I know agree that she should've been let off..... there wasn't enough evidence to convict her.

I value a more constructive and fair society.
    We both do, but fair also means that Casey gets a chance too.

She's proven she's capable.
    Howso? She wasn't convicted.

What evidence do you have to support how she's not capable of killing again? You have not come to this conclusion based on facts, this is how you feel... which you're entitled to.
    Lmfao, because she doesn't fit the profile of a repeat murderer. That's a fact, not a feeling.....
    Saying there are worse things to worry about is like saying the sky is blue. My point is, those who believe Casey to be guilty, are completely warranted in their disgust and their desire for justice.
    Sure. But your other worries are unwarranted. As I've said, it doesn't make any sense to me why you're so concerned about Casey Anthony when worse things happen everyday in the criminal justice system. They just don't have that kind of media coverage.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

A window to the soul

One of the jury came out to talk about the case and admitted that she decided Casey was innocent because she considered Caylee's death an accident, which had been proven in court to be impossible. I guess this individual of the jury didn't acquit Casey based on facts...
    The manner and cause of Caylee's death could not be determined due to decomposition. The famous medical examiner, Dr. G, spoke on the witness stand for the prosecution about the duct tape being a key indicator of fowl play in all cases. (I'm paraphrasing that.) The problem I have with her testimony is that she did not mention the body may have been staged with the duct tape to look like a murder. I see the lack of consideration as intentionally misleading the jury; though, I get it, it doesn't help the prosecution.

Let's say Casey went out partying, passed out early morning on a friend's couch, wakes up in the afternoon to discover she forgot she left her daughter locked in her hot car, and she's dead. During the summer days in Florida a car will turn into an oven. The chloroform may be a crude way of sedating children. We can understand when a child drowns; turn your back for 10-minutes, it happens. But a mom leaving her child locked in a hot car; it's abuse. That's my impression of societies's standards on bad stuff that happens. I think you know where I'm going with this.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    The manner and cause of Caylee's death could not be determined due to decomposition. The famous medical examiner, Dr. G, spoke on the witness stand for the prosecution about the duct tape being a key indicator of fowl play in all cases. (I'm paraphrasing that.) The problem I have with her testimony is that she did not mention the body may have been staged with the duct tape to look like a murder. I see the lack of consideration as intentionally misleading the jury; though, I get it, it doesn't help the prosecution.

Let's say Casey went out partying, passed out early morning on a friend's couch, wakes up in the afternoon to discover she forgot she left her daughter locked in her hot car, and she's dead. During the summer days in Florida a car will turn into an oven. The chloroform may be a crude way of sedating children. We can understand when a child drowns; turn your back for 10-minutes, it happens. But a mom leaving her child locked in a hot car; it's abuse. That's my impression of societies's standards on bad stuff that happens. I think you know where I'm going with this.
    Definitely an option......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    You're making things up. Theorizing. That's not what "exists".
    Not necessarily the case. It depends on how much you've studied a certain subject. Trying to figure out which mental condition a person suffers from and coming up with an answer is more opinion...... knowing that the person suffers from something because you recognize their behaviors to be unhealthy is more of an existence. Even the dumbest person in the country can know a "lie" when they see one, and call casey anthony a compulsive liar. That's more of an existence. I suppose in order to be on a jury, you have to get rid of the labels, and just accept what she did, but that wouldn't be possible for me. I want to know motive and how their mind works, in order to decide whether I think they are maliciously lying for a cover-up, or just delusional.

There are more options than two. Just because someone tells me there are two, that doesn't mean I believe them. I don't think I would have enough faith in either of the stories to be a good juror in the first place. Yes, I would automatically consider other possibilities, because I don't believe the stories presented.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Not necessarily the case. It depends on how much you've studied a certain subject. Trying to figure out which mental condition a person suffers from and coming up with an answer is more opinion...... knowing that the person suffers from something because you recognize their behaviors to be unhealthy is more of an existence. Even the dumbest person in the country can know a "lie" when they see one, and call casey anthony a compulsive liar. That's more of an existence. I suppose in order to be on a jury, you have to get rid of the labels, and just accept what she did, but that wouldn't be possible for me. I want to know motive and how their mind works, in order to decide whether I think they are maliciously lying for a cover-up, or just delusional.

There are more options than two. Just because someone tells me there are two, that doesn't mean I believe them. I don't think I would have enough faith in either of the stories to be a good juror in the first place. Yes, I would automatically consider other possibilities, because I don't believe the stories presented.
    So basically you are saying that you have privileged knowledge because you just really, really, really know deep down in your heart what's true.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    So basically you are saying that you have privileged knowledge because you just really, really, really know deep down in your heart what's true.
    LoL.... yea, that's it.

I hate hearing it that way, but there's some truth to it. I suppose I'm in a bad position in some ways.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I accept the way things are, and don't feel anything much towards it, tbh. It is what it is. I just learn to survive with what's there. I don't expect an ideal or perfect world. I don't mind some criminal activity, because I think it tests people and makes them stronger. I don't feel threatened by it because I've been tested and failed enough times already lol.......
    Wanting justice served (when it is believed to be deserved), is not synonymous with the expectation of an ideal or perfect world. You're presuming too much.

You can fit people to profiles, and Casey doesn't fit the profile of a career criminal or a serial murderer.
    I never said she fit the profile of a career criminal or serial murderer, you're twisting my words. If you believe her to be guilty, common sense tells us she is capable of doing it again. She has the potential to become a career criminal or serial murderer.

Most people I know agree that she should've been let off..... there wasn't enough evidence to convict her.
    I was actually referring to the general population. Most news network polls show majority in favor of guilty.

We both do, but fair also means that Casey gets a chance too.
    Agreed. But I think it's fair to say she's guilty, as many others do. To say, "People are freaking clueless and disgusting," for believing her to be guilty and being upset over the acquittal is rather narrow minded, imo. You seem to be only interested in your perspective... so I'm gonna bow out shortly.

Howso? She wasn't convicted.
    Are you proposing that the legal system is perfect? <-- Rhetoric question. Just because she wasn't convicted doesn't mean she isn't guilty and in turn, capable of killing again.

Lmfao, because she doesn't fit the profile of a repeat murderer. That's a fact, not a feeling.....
    So you can personally gaurantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she is not a threat to anyone? <-- Rhetoric question.

Sure. But your other worries are unwarranted.
    Again, you can personally gaurantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, she is not a threat to anyone? <-- Rhetoric question.

As I've said, it doesn't make any sense to me why you're so concerned about Casey Anthony when worse things happen everyday in the criminal justice system. They just don't have that kind of media coverage.
    I'm concerned with this case because I've had the opportunity to follow it, unlike most other cases which don't receive this kind of media attention.

The point of me originally addressing you was to hopefully shed some light on why people are so upset over how this case turned out, but I'm gonna bow out now for reasons already mentioned.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I can't much post tonight.... I'm drinking tho, so maybe I'll post a few fun posts hehe.
    But, thanks you all for posting.
    There are some interesting folks here.
    I will give it some proper thoughts and post laters......
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype