User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by pure_moods View Post
    Also, in 2004, we had rich-kid C-students running for President. Then what do we do?
    Kiddo's so cute. He still thinks the system works.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Interesting. If you don't believe the system works then why aren't you doing anything about it? Those who sit on their asses complaining about how the state is the plague of humanity don't deserve the freedoms the state takes from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddon't View Post
    Interesting. If you don't believe the system works then why aren't you doing anything about it? Those who sit on their asses complaining about how the state is the plague of humanity don't deserve the freedoms the state takes from them.
    And what about the people who sit on their asses and don't complain? What about the people who complain about the complainers? What about the people who complain about the people who complain about the complainers? What do they deserve?

Do you even realize how much you sound like one of those 'love it or leave it' people?

I'm still waiting for your logical proof of how Gore was the answer, simply because Bush was not.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    That should say "TWO rich-kid C-students," of course. John Kerry's grades came out and I believe that he actually averaged 1 point lower than Bush in college. I still cannot believe that Dubya has an MBA from Harvard Business School. But then again, a jerk like me got into an Ivy League school, too. I think I may get an MBA myself in a few years. Apparently, you can get one online from Cal State in 18-24 months.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

As to the original plan, I find it highly disconcerting, especially since parents would be complicit in possibly dooming their children to a life of surveillance and ASBOs. The UK is rapidly turning into what Orwell posited back in 1948. They have more cameras monitoring their citizens than anywhere in the "free" world. It's a shame, since I really enjoy that country, and I'd love to go back to visit again soon.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    And what about the people who sit on their asses and don't complain? What about the people who complain about the complainers? What about the people who complain about the people who complain about the complainers? What do they deserve?

Do you even realize how much you sound like one of those 'love it or leave it' people?
    I'm more of a "love it, change it, or leave it" person.

I'm still waiting for your logical proof of how Gore was the answer, simply because Bush was not.
    How am I suppose to provide a logical answer to something that didn't happen? I can only look at how well Bush had done and speculate that Gore could not possibly have done as poorly. It isn't a hard speculation to make considering how poorly Bush has done. I knew it would not take long for someone to start throwing the word "logic" around illogically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm more of a "love it, change it, or leave it" person.

How am I suppose to provide a logical answer to something that didn't happen? I can only look at how well Bush had done and speculate that Gore could not possibly have done as poorly. It isn't a hard speculation to make considering how poorly Bush has done. I knew it would not take long for someone to start throwing the word "logic" around illogically.

Why should we be looking just for better than George W. Bush? I can't stand Al Gore. Why would I vote for him? Why should I assent to his leadership, when what he would implement is in direct conflict with what I want to see in my country? It's worse to vote for a jackass than not to vote at all. It's even better to vote for someone who may be an actual positive.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You're the one that made the statement, not me. You said Bush's performance is proof that Gore was 'the answer'. Do you honestly not see the flaw in that statement?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

heart on fire

Back to the topic at hand! Why is any of this proof that a Gattica type DNA database for little children is a good idea?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamHotDamn View Post
    Government = the legitimate arm of force of a state

Oh god I spend too much time in soc classes

I would say that if they were going to do that they'd sure as F*&k better collect everyone's DNA instead of that of just a few They would have been collecting mine in first grade instead of that of the seemingly innocent kid who sat beside me and ended up killing someone over a bag of meth

Judging who will be a criminal and who won't at that young of age is just rediculous :rolli: sure, there can be signs, but if I was judged that early in life I have no idea where I'd be now instead of graduating college on scholarship

I wouldn't be particularly trusting after reading about the whole thing with the SC BMV and selling of info to telemarketers- while I don't care if the IRS has my info (they haven't sold it yet, by my knowlege) I wouldn't necissarily trust all branches to not sell my info- after all, our govt is a bit short on cash and lobbyists have more than a fair share of influence
    Great post Whatever. I agree, I am not so sure that DNA is always absolutely fate. Environment dicates a lot about how we express our DNA gifts. And yeah, I believe the soul also counts! Some people don't like that sentiment? Sue me, I am NF and refuse to apologize for it.