User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If Eugenics were not a pseudo-science, there would be many random double blind experiments, but there are none. Just as, if MBTI were not a pseudo-science, there would be many random double blind experiments, but once again, there are none.
    Come again?

The Perfectability of Man

The cult of self improvement led to eugenics, but the Australian philosopher, John Passmore, in his book, "The Perfectability of Man", demolished the very idea of self improvement.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    How many of you knew of this before? How many don't believe it? Any other comments?
    I knew this, but I don't think it was the only thing that stoked Hitler's ideology (his beliefs in a master race, etc.)

If Eugenics were not a pseudo-science, there would be many random double blind experiments, but there are none. Just as, if MBTI were not a pseudo-science, there would be many random double blind experiments, but once again, there are none.
    Sounds like an interesting thread idea.

Yeah, it almost makes a balls of the fact that America was one of the nations liberating the camps and couldnt believe what had taken place there, documenting it with film and pursuing justice through the nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Where's Perch when ya need a poorly considered support of such wretched ideals?

Anyway, I'm not at all surprised that the U.S. backed up eugenic practices of the Nazis, especially considering that the U.S. denied Jews into the country, built concentrations camps for those of Japanese descent, and allowed factions of Nazi supporters to safely live in the U.S; the U.S. government isn't exactly the shining ideal of morality nor honor.

As for eugenics itself, regardless of whether it actually exists or not is irrelevant; it's whether its of value to a society. Perhaps it was useful to the Nazis, but in todays world, such ridiculous values of eugenics are often discarded in the trach with other stupid ideals.
    I was thinking venom is perch420

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, it almost makes a balls of the fact that America was one of the nations liberating the camps and couldnt believe what had taken place there, documenting it with film and pursuing justice through the nuremburg trials.
    The mistake is to assume that all are responsible for the actions of a few (eg the eugenicists). It's not as if the Eugenicists were running the country. (well you know what I mean...)

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It's not exactly a shock to me. But really we've been practicing genetics, and a form of eugenetics since we first domesticated sheep, cows, goats, cats, and dogs etc, etc, and hell what is genocide, if not a very crude form of eugenetics. Whether we like it or not a rather large proportion of medical science benefited from much of the research performed in Nazi Germany. Things that have benefitted the human race greatly often have had distasteful beginnings.
    Besides a master race is stupid.(LOL) One wants a lot of genetic variation in The human race or we'd all start looking like the British royal family (not the young 'uns). Surely breeding pugs has taught us that.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

One of the few points on which Canada was definitely worse
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Using this definition, many sbujects could be described as psuedo-science, one being economics.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    True, but that doesn't excuse the fact the U.S. also had it's share of dark practices (although nowhere near as bad as the Nazi concentration camps), although to be fair, from what I understand, it's not like the same people who constructed and operated the temporary prison camps for the Japanese were the same ones who were appaled by thr Nazi concentration camps.

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    I was thinking venom is perch420
    I'm not filled with rage, nor do I have the temptation to go on a flame rant, so I doubt it.