User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Default What historical figure do you admire most?

... and what does that tell us about you?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Chester A. Arthur - U.S. president.
    He went to same highschool that I did, which is quite small and in the middle of nowhere. (I graduated with 58) He was also an INTJ.
    I admire him because he came from almost nothing and rose to the top of the political world using his mind alone, despite much alienation by his political party.
    I suppose that this says that I value originality and reform over the established guard, no matter how unpopular.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Jesus... the man... I'm not religious but He's my Hero. Many, while sounding original, are just repeating what He said first and most don't know it.

Edit: Socrates and Aristotle would be good too.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

From my avatar, you should be able to tell that I'm an admirer of Erwin Rommel, the German Field Marshall of the Afrika Korps in WW2. I love the way he challenged Hitler's orders, e.g. on the policy of Jews, and the way he still commanded infinite amounts of respect from so many people, through not only this but also his military genius.

I'm also partial to Alexander the Great, mainly because of his huge will power and determination. This is why I also admire Perikles of Athens, who roused the polis and inspired a bit of patriotism in them to fight the Persians. Not because of his being an orator, but because he, too, was a good strategist. The same applies to Themistokles, who used his skills to persuade the Athenians to spend a large amount of silver they'd dug up out of a mine on ships rather than a shitty wall.

So, I'm big on military commanders. And even though I don't want to go into the military as a career (even though I'm in the OTC), I still have a lot of time for strategists and the like. You can use the same skills in, for example, business.

MBTI
    INFJ

Historical figure? That's a pretty broad category...there's a lot of famous and semi-famous dead people I admire.

I'll say Marcus Aurelius- he's certainly in my top tier. The quintessential philosopher king.

Not a clue as to what it says about me, but I certainly admire the fact that he actually tried to look out for the best interests of his people, even with all that delicious corruptable power he had.
    Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
    'Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.' -- Roman Soldier translated by Dream, "The Wake"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Napolean Bonaparte (not sure if I spelled that right, ill edit later if not) for his sure determination after being outcasted and exiled still being able to come back and almost restart the revolution with nothing. And for his pure ambition to acomplish whatever he puts his mind to. He wasnt exactly the biggest military genius but he was still a great tactician either way.

Oh and for being the first cool French guy...lol
    SDMF

MBTI
    INFP

Boudica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, she just owns basically. Also, all my family are from around that area so I might even be distantly related to her I also like William I of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia because apparently I am a direct desendant of him, and that makes me feel special
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Alan Watts

What does it say about me?

That I love Alan Fucking Watts.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

George Sand... free spirit and brilliant.

MBTI
    INTP

I've always been fascinated by Elizabeth I.