User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Something stinks in Denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    If you're attracted to others who view physical attraction as important, then there's a double bonus in joining. Birds of a feather. Some couples jog and work out together.

But for a rebuttal, I would say that if they want to sift according to their own standards, shallow though they may be, then they might not want a website that filters out those who they would find attractive. It's probably more likely for women to fall into this category, seeing as their tastes tend to be more relative than men's.
    And there you go!

Rachel Godfrey, a 31-year-old Australian nanny living in LA, said she received an email telling her she was rejected two weeks after being accepted. "I was getting on really well with this American guy and we were going to go on a date and then they said I'd been chucked off and they locked me out of the site," she said. "Now I can't get in touch with him."

Godfrey said she is planning to have a makeover and professional photo shoot before reapplying to the website. "What if he's the one? This is only way I'll be able to get in touch with him," she said. "If that doesn't work I'll see what I can do with Photoshop."
    Not sure I agree with you that women's tastes are more relative than men. It appears that with this site, norwegian woman and swedish men are at the top of the heap and brazilian and danish men also do well.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm trying this just to see if I can get in. I want to see if they accept just cute/normal people or if they have to be super models. (It's rather hilarious, I'm an applicant for the next 47 hours. There's a meter of how "in" you are based on people's votes. This ought to be humbling.)

However, it's going to take an act of God to find someone I can get along with and fall in love with again. I don't think that I need to add "beautiful" to that criteria. And certainly someone who bases their lives on beauty all together is out. So, no. Website is not a good idea beyond the curiosity of "getting in".

(Edit: I just answered my own question. The people I'm seeing just look like regular people.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    And there you go!

Not sure I agree with you that women's tastes are more relative than men. It appears that with this site, norwegian woman and swedish men are at the top of the heap and brazilian and danish men also do well.
    I'm not sure if I agree with me either!

I'm not sure if I agree with me either!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I'm pleased by this kind of site actually.

It means the idiots I normally wouldn't stop for, would already be weeded out. It's like Darwinism, but in MY favor.

I'd also like a "i watch jersey shore" only dating website as well.

but seriously, good for people who want to date based off physical attractiveness. i'm glad if that helps them find what they want; it's also convenient because i don't want to participate in that. i've never really been very drawn to conventionally "beautiful" people. i have a few of my own personal physical preferences, but they don't always align with the mainstream.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If you're attracted to others who view physical attraction as important, then there's a double bonus in joining. Birds of a feather. Some couples jog and work out together.
    I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you mean here, but I'd jog or work out with my partner, and I still wouldn't join that site.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm trying this just to see if I can get in. I want to see if they accept just cute/normal people or if they have to be super models. (It's rather hilarious, I'm an applicant for the next 47 hours. There's a meter of how "in" you are based on people's votes. This ought to be humbling.)
    I considered doing the same thing for a similar reason...like hmmm...I know I sure as hell don't look like a model, but I'm cute enough that men used to pay me to look at me, some of them rather attractive young men, so if they reject me I'll know how high their standards are.

I think you've got serious balls for having the nerve to just go ahead and apply.

(Edit: I just answered my own question. The people I'm seeing just look like regular people.)
    Oh. Thanks for this.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I considered doing the same thing for a similar reason...like hmmm...I know I sure as hell don't look like a model, but I'm cute enough that men used to pay me to look at me, some of them rather attractive young men, so if they reject me I'll know how high their standards are.

I think you've got serious balls for having the nerve to just go ahead and apply.

Oh. Thanks for this.

I'll keep ya posted.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

How do we know this 'article' isn't just a glorified marketing press release?