User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    This reminds me of that "IQ" dating website. You have to pass an IQ test with a certain score to sign up. Ridiculous.
    Yeah, I thought of that too.

The intention of the site doesn't bother me - if you're hot and want a hot partner that badly, then fine, go meet one - but I really don't see any pressing need for it. Why not just join regular dating sites in which people post pics, and seek out the good-looking people? Is it really that difficult to click around until you find someone who meets your standards? It's not like personality or intellect, where you need to get to know someone to decide if he or she is right for you in that way. You can see right away if someone's physically attractive to you on any site. If not, there's no need to go to the trouble of meeting them, etc. I suspect it's really the idea of being part of this exclusive club of hotties that appeals to people's egos.

Maybe they're pickier than I'm assuming though.

Anew Leaf

I'm pleased by this kind of site actually.

It means the idiots I normally wouldn't stop for, would already be weeded out. It's like Darwinism, but in MY favor.

I'd also like a "i watch jersey shore" only dating website as well.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post

The intention of the site doesn't bother me - if you're hot and want a hot partner that badly, then fine, go meet one - but I really don't see any pressing need for it. Why not just join regular dating sites in which people post pics, and seek out the good-looking people? Is it really that difficult to click around until you find someone who meets your standards? It's not like personality or intellect, where you need to get to know someone to decide if he or she is right for you in that way. You can see right away if someone's physically attractive to you on any site. If not, there's no need to go to the trouble of meeting them, etc. I suspect it's really the idea of being part of this exclusive club of hotties that appeals to people's egos.

Really, I think the kind of people that would join this site are more driven by social concerns than the need for convenience.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I'm pleased by this kind of site actually.

It means the idiots I normally wouldn't stop for, would already be weeded out. It's like Darwinism, but in MY favor.

I'd also like a "i watch jersey shore" only dating website as well.
    HAHAH.

So...how do we browse as a guest? I'm honestly wondering now if by "beautiful people" they just mean "cute" or "reasonably attractive."

While I don't like the premise, personally, for me as an individual, I want to know what their standards are...if they all look like super models or what.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Just proves that lawyers should all be incarcerated, like I always thought
    Let's kill 'em all.

Wait - I kind of like strawberries. But besides her.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Really, I think the kind of people that would join this site are more driven by social concerns than the need for convenience.
    I think the people on this site are driven by some need to compete, it's a very particular mindset, surely they must have tons of members from Los Angeles and Las Vegas. It's not even the way they look, it's their state of mind.

And I don't buy the DNA argument, either. Some people are better looking because they diet, exercise, wear expensive make-up, get their hair done, even have plastic surgery...so again, this isn't even neccessarily a better gene pool, but it's designed for a certain type of personality or mindset, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post

To play the devil's advocate, let's say that these individuals consider looks to be tantamount to their dating requirements. If so why would they want to sift through others when there's a site that caters to their needs?

MBTI
    FREE

I signed up for the site, just to see what types of people use it. We'll see if I'm accepted... *crosses fingers* /sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...people-members

Thoughts? Would you join a dating site for beautiful people only? Would you join one run by a guy whose every sentence sounds like a line from an Onion article?

The site made headlines after the Christmas holidays when it booted 5,000 members for gaining a few holiday pounds...
    hmmm... I'm torn.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    To play the devil's advocate, let's say that these individuals consider looks to be tantamount to their dating requirements. If so why would they want to sift through others when there's a site that caters to their needs?
    If you're attracted to others who view physical attraction as important, then there's a double bonus in joining. Birds of a feather. Some couples jog and work out together.

But for a rebuttal, I would say that if they want to sift according to their own standards, shallow though they may be, then they might not want a website that filters out those who they would find attractive. It's probably more likely for women to fall into this category, seeing as their tastes tend to be more relative than men's.