User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

Results 251 to 260 of 272

  1. #251
    Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    The IQ lower than 130 or the stable job that isn't less than 60K as high standards?

    It's easier to find people with IQs of 130+ than most may think. If you associate yourself with intellectual or high societal groups than it's easy to find. Most of the people I know have IQs higher than 130. It's apart of my lifestyle.
    Yet another INTJ obsessed with IQ, and who brags about his/her so-called "high IQ".

    I still wonder why they seem to lose all rationality when it comes to IQ.
    IQ is such a lousy, unscientific way to measure a totally unscientific concept.

    Bis repetita placent. ("The things, that are repeated again and again... etc")
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

    7w8 SCUxI

  2. #252
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    The IQ lower than 130 or the stable job that isn't less than 60K as high standards?

    It's easier to find people with IQs of 130+ than most may think. If you associate yourself with intellectual or high societal groups than it's easy to find. Most of the people I know have IQs higher than 130. It's apart of my lifestyle.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  3. #253
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Yet another INTJ obsessed with IQ, and who brags about his/her so-called "high IQ".

    I still wonder why they seem to lose all rationality when it comes to IQ.
    IQ is such a lousy, unscientific way to measure a totally unscientific concept.

    Bis repetita placent. ("The things, that are repeated again and again... etc")
    I never bragged or talked about my IQ. It is also not an obsession. Thank you for your thoughtful assumption.

    I'm well aware that my needs and values are not normal to most people. I was already prepared to receive backlash for them. What I find to be contradictory is the discrimination against my moral standing because it does not fit with the status quo. Yet everyone finds discrimination of physical attributes to be negative? Doesn't make sense.

    My morale is based upon what I am used to, NOT what I expect of everyone on this site. My values for friends differ from my values for lovers because the person I choose to commit to holds more worth. So for the sake of objectivity, I understand the reasoning behind why everyone's ethics differ to mine and I do not think less of anyone because of it. I find ethical differences to be a positive thing because it helps us learn and understand those unlike ourselves.

    So as Venom thoughtfully said, "However, in love: let people "discriminate" as they desire."

  4. #254
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    I never bragged or talked about my IQ. It is also not an obsession. Thank you for your thoughtful assumption.

    I'm well aware that my needs and values are not normal to most people. I was already prepared to receive backlash for them. What I find to be contradictory is the discrimination against my moral standing because it does not fit with the status quo. Yet everyone finds discrimination of physical attributes to be negative? Doesn't make sense.

    My morale is based upon what I am used to, NOT what I expect of everyone on this site. My values for friends differ from my values for lovers because the person I choose to commit to holds more worth. So for the sake of objectivity, I understand the reasoning behind why everyone's ethics differ to mine and I do not think less of anyone because of it. I find ethical differences to be a positive thing because it helps us learn and understand those unlike ourselves.

    So as Venom thoughtfully said, "However, in love: let people "discriminate" as they desire."

    Bu... but... you make lower IQ folk like myself seem undesirable. What if I have other things to offer to compensate for not having such high IQ numbers? What if I take the time to understand your ingenious ideas, and love and comfort you when you're in need?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #255
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Bu... but... you make lower IQ folk like myself seem undesirable. What if I have other things to offer to compensate for not having such high IQ numbers? What if I take the time to understand your ingenious ideas, and love and comfort you when you're in need?
    Nice try. *pat*
    Stick to the Fe dooms.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  6. #256
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    The IQ lower than 130 or the stable job that isn't less than 60K as high standards?

    It's easier to find people with IQs of 130+ than most may think. If you associate yourself with intellectual or high societal groups than it's easy to find. Most of the people I know have IQs higher than 130. It's a part of my lifestyle.
    What is your IQ?
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  7. #257
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Yet another INTJ obsessed with IQ, and who brags about his/her so-called "high IQ".

    I still wonder why they seem to lose all rationality when it comes to IQ.
    IQ is such a lousy, unscientific way to measure a totally unscientific concept.

    Bis repetita placent. ("The things, that are repeated again and again... etc")
    She/he/it may be an ENTJ.

    However, most INTJs are "obsessed" with IQ because they are highly interested in intelligence. They value intelligence above almost every other human trait. In the same manner that some apes find comfort in physical superiority, other apes find it in intellectual; others may simply desire a partner who is capable of sustaining discourse at the same or higher capacity.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  8. #258
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...people-members

    From the article:

    And much more.

    Thoughts? Would you join a dating site for beautiful people only? Would you join one run by a guy whose every sentence sounds like a line from an Onion article?

    The site made headlines after the Christmas holidays when it booted 5,000 members for gaining a few holiday pounds...
    Most people are losers. If "beautiful" losers wish to mingle with other "beautiful" losers via worthless social networking sites, then why not? They don't matter in the grand scheme of things any more than the "ugly."

    The fact of the matters is that such sites are nothing more than expressions of conceit on the part of the idiots who access them and a source of income for their owners. They merely flatter the ego because in reality only our dear friend Greg Hodge and his employer are getting to participate in some form of "Darwinistic" mate selection. In other words, in a materialistic society, only those with material wealth (embodied in the money commodity) can truly be considered the "fittest." The rest are mere pawns. Such sites are reductionist and therefore meaningless; at most, they isolate one factor which some individuals find highly appealing and market it. It is rather pathetic.

    These sites exist for one purpose only: to accrue profit at the expense of the delusional creatures who frequent them.

    If you think through it rationally, there is no reason to become as defensive and resentful as many individuals here do.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

  9. #259
    The Eighth Colour Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    These sites exist for one purpose only: to accrue profit at the expense of the delusional creatures who frequent them.
    Isn't that true of all human commerce? Humans are an easily deluded beast.

  10. #260
    Senior Member Lex Talionis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Isn't that true of all human commerce? Humans are an easily deluded beast.
    What is your point?
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] Fallen for an ISFP beauty
    By Schema in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM
  2. [INFJ] Too nice for your own good
    By Economica in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
  3. [NT] NTs - too cool for school! yes?
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO