User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Actually, it isn't a bad idea. Let's say you're really hot, and can make reasonable demands on the looks of a potential mate.
    Then you probably don't want to go through the trouble of meeting a lot of pretty nice but horrendously ugly people (let's face it, ordinary dating sites are probably full of them).
    And yeah, it does matter since you're probably going to have to have sex with someone you're serious about dating.
    True ugliness is a big no-no. Sure, there are bigger no-nos, but hotness level is the initial check you do on a person in real life if you hunt at bars or whatever.
    If someone is pure horror, you simply don't walk up there. If they're cute/hot/beautiful then you do.
    Having a dating site where the creepy and ugly clientele isn't present at does sound like a fairly good idea.
    Until you take into account that these people are probably already getting laid elsewhere, rendering the rest of what I said sort of moot.
    +1 Agreed.

What's wrong with being superficial? I would imagine that some of you guys here are just as "fickle" when it comes to selecting your mates' IQ, emotional intelligence, socioeconomic status, childhood socioecnomic background, race, mbti type, job/career, etc etc etc. Of course it was a bunch of INXPs going on about "the horros" of rating people on looks. Everyone rates everyone. People should not be discriminated based on these things when it comes to the law, education and (sometimes) jobs. However, in love: let people "discriminate" as they desire...

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    +1 Agreed.

What's wrong with being superficial? I would imagine that some of you guys here are just as "fickle" when it comes to selecting your mates' IQ, emotional intelligence, socioeconomic status, childhood socioecnomic background, race, mbti type, job/career, etc etc etc. Of course it was a bunch of INXPs going on about "the horros" of rating people on looks. Everyone rates everyone. People should not be discriminated based on these things when it comes to the law, education and (sometimes) jobs. However, in love: let people "discriminate" as they desire...
    I personally agree.

Finding a lover is far more personal for me than finding a friend or employee. I have certain standards when it comes to a potential lover that I am not willing to be flexible with. If it's discrimination for me not to want a lover with an IQ lower than 130 or a stable job that isn't less than 60K, then I'll gladly hold the title of superficial. I'm flexible when it comes to physical looks (I'm demisexual) but I've found that I rarely date outside of my race.

For what I want (long term-commitment), thinking about the future and what a potential partner could be like as a provider, husband, best friend, etc is very important to me. Most of all, if the attraction doesn't exist then nothing is going to happen between us even if he's a great candidate.
    Last edited by bionic; 07-03-2011 at 05:30 PM.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    me not to want a lover with an IQ lower than 130
    Those are some pretty high standards. I think an IQ of 130+ is in the 95th or so percentile, maybe higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Those are some pretty high standards. I think an IQ of 130+ is in the 95th or so percentile, maybe higher.
    She must mean internet IQ.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness
    Likes EcK liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I'm flexible when it comes to physical looks (I'm demisexual) but I've found that I rarely date outside of my race.
    I had to look up demisexual. Asexual until a strong enough emotional connection is made. I wouldn't say im demisexual, but I had a thought that relates to that idea as well "being superficial". Haven't we all had moments like the followng (or maybe I'm just Fe/influenced by society too much):
    <> talking to someone less than perfectly beautiful (by society standards), and you find yourself becoming more attracted to them the more you talk to them... but your mind recognizes this as "bad". "stop getting turned on, shes not hot!". I could see the beautifulpeople.com site clientele as appreciating that anyone they fall for, their brain won't fight them with "not hot enough...will be judged for it...move on!".

regarding the above ... look... we all have our things that we are fickle about!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    The IQ lower than 130 or the stable job that isn't less than 60K as high standards?

It's easier to find people with IQs of 130+ than most may think. If you associate yourself with intellectual or high societal groups than it's easy to find. Most of the people I know have IQs higher than 130. It's a part of my lifestyle.
    Last edited by bionic; 07-03-2011 at 05:32 PM.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    What's wrong with being superficial?
    Nothing, if you are just looking to get laid. But if your goal is long term compatibility, then you are leaving equally if not more important traits to chance.
    Of course it was a bunch of INXPs going on about "the horros" of rating people on looks. Everyone rates everyone. People should not be discriminated based on these things when it comes to the law, education and (sometimes) jobs. However, in love: let people "discriminate" as they desire...
    I don't think anyone actually took that position in this thread. The implied view was that the people on that site are likely poor long term candidates due to the criteria they appear to value the most.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Why was this song the first thing I thought of when reading this thread?

Smile Half of us above average, and half below

It's easier to find people with IQs of 130+ than most may think. If you associate yourself with intellectual or high societal groups than it's easy to find. Most of the people I know have IQs higher than 130. It's apart of my lifestyle.
    Almost all of us here have an IQ lower than 130. And this is what we would expect when the average IQ is 100 - except in Lake Wobegon where all the children are above average.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

The IQ lower than 130 or the stable job that isn't less than 60K as high standards?
    Do you require transcripts when submitting a dating application?