User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

About joining an exclusive group because in "the real world" you're treated with jealousy--in some ways that's true, but it could also be more cut-throat in a place with only "beautiful" people. "Ohhh she's prettier than me...."

Lolz so I joined the website and I've 53 "positive" votes out of 53 so I guess I'm in... I can't do much except search up people so I looked up their "elite" or their "highest ranked" and :| I'm disappointed. I'd rather shuffle through VS magazine catalogs LOLOLOL. Interestingly enough... they all seem to manipulate pictures in the same way. And gosh some of those girls... You can't report nudes, can you? SCARRED.

But um yeah... pretty much average - above average that are skilled at makeup and/or taking pictures (at least most of them). Interestin' stuff though...
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I also think that the guy with the smirk projects condescension in the photo. If we were cavemen, I would not eat meat with him.

If we were cavemen, you would have no choice. Unless you had a fight to the death.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I tho had to google every third adjective
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Most of those face reading tests are pseudo-science, and misused-science at best. The quantifying emotions part should give that away straight away.
    Sort of, it depends on what you use the questionnaire for. It was not designed for and should not be used to tell how well 'neurotypical' people can read facial expressions, since the variance is somewhat high. The test is only validated for discriminating Asperger Syndrome (AS) or High-Functioning Autism (HFA) from healthy controls. There was further discussion in my previous post.

Looking at the appendices which I skipped last time. The general population means were 26.0 (SD=4.2) for men and 26.4 (SD=3.2) for women. The mean score for the student subset was 28.0 (SD=3.5). Looking further in the appendices, the score for the IQ matched (matched to the HFA/AS group and had a mean IQ of about 115), was 30. I'm guessing the reason why the authors stated in the discussion that IQ was not related to the scores is that the sample size (15) was small and the effect was not observed in the much larger general population group. But as I said in my previous post

Nevertheless, I suspect those reporting very high scores are reflecting selection bias (those who received lower scores chose not to report), fraud and training effects since I suspect this questionnaire has done the rounds before. Those scoring 32 or higher are in the top 6th percentile.

But as I said in my previous post:
    Note that the language ("target words") used to describe the facial expression was not based on the mood, or self reported feelings of the person in the image, but selected ad-hoc. So the test is not measuring whether you can tell the mood/thoughts of the individual in the photo, but whether you report the same perceptual associations as the group that determined the word associations..

MBTI
    ----

i find it hilarious that a thread that early on had an 'omg, how shallow are these people?' tone quickly degenerated into a tacky, judgmental analysis of the relative attractiveness/ugliness of a bunch of strangers' photographs.

too perfect. stay classy!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i find it hilarious that a thread that early on had an 'omg, how shallow are these people?' tone quickly degenerated into a tacky, judgmental analysis of the relative attractiveness/ugliness of a bunch of strangers' photographs.

:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolli ng_on_the_ Awesome.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post

We're all busted! Love you, strawberries!

*noms crow pie while laughing*

MBTI
    INTj

LOL. But in all fairness, criticizing supposed epitomes of beauty is not the same sin as requiring one's potential soul mate to look attractive to others.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    LOL. But in all fairness, criticizing supposed epitomes of beauty is not the same sin as requiring one's potential soul mate to look attractive to others.
    My criticism didn't have to do with it somehow being wrong to care about other peoples' looks or want a good looking partner. It was what I believe to be the shortcomings of the system, the odd interpretation they had of the concept of beauty, and subsequently the kind of dickish personality someone would probably need to honestly participate in that site.
    Go to sleep, iguana.