First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    And see Stefani Germanotta as someone whom it cannot help.
    She chooses to be odd to make a statement. I just googled her because I did not know that was Lady Gaga, and she looks average-cute back when she was brunette and groomed conventionally. Not beautiful, but certainly not hideous. IDK, maybe I'm more forgiving of non-classic facial features.....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

I got a 31 on that test, but it seemed strange and incomplete without the rest of the face. Most of the female faces just looked like makeup ads. I do think they used famous eyes, though--I'm pretty sure I recognized Ted Bundy's and Eva Mendes'. ANYHOO. Blonde guy is making a fairly douchey expression, but it's the kind of smirk male models make, and he appears to be on a red carpet. Even if he's not douchey, he's learned to make the kinds of expressions people like male models to make. He might be a perfectly down-to-earth guy when he's not "on," but he also probably has women throwing themselves at him by the minute, which increases douche potential. He is very naturally pretty, though, even without the highlights and tan. Generally too pretty for my personal taste.

I agree that the girls were fairly ordinary, at least as compared to my expectation of what passes for "Beautiful People." The first girl is pretty in a modelly way, meaning kind of interesting face, probably a great canvas for make up. Second girl = very girl-next-door. Third girl = "People always tell me I look like Amelie/Audrey Hepburn." (Good call, Randomnity). The kind of face women think is gorgeous and guys don't usually respond to, because it's more elegant than sexy. Fourth girl = I think her face is prettier than most, but I don't think the pic is flattering. I think it's the outfit. In a different outfit, she could be perceived as hot, I think. Right now, I'd say she's falling more on the side of "cute."

Guy-wise, I thought they were all above average, but not my type (though I liked black jacket the most). Already covered blondie. Emo guy is way too indie band/Harry Potter for me, but for his shtick, he's a good representation of that kind of thing. Fourth guy is the type of guy I'd have liked in college, but don't respond to now. Second and Fourth guy are the only ones I'd say were really Beautiful People, but all were attractive.

Oh! And celebrity-wise: I've always thought that about Nicole Kidman. Look at pics/video of when she was an actress in Australia, and right when she started doing movies here. Very average looking, no lips. Then she had juuuuuust the right amount of plastic surgery and looked gorgeous for a while. Then she went overboard, and looks totally weird now.

As far as Britney, she's admittedly rough when she doesn't fix up at all, but she does have strikingly similar features to Marilyn Monroe. And she projects sex. So she's not a total lost cause without the complete Hollywood machine--a decent Estee Lauder counter makeover and she would still be pretty. I do think it's interesting how she really doesn't care if she's seen looking like a mile of bad road, though, hair extensions visible through her Pebbles Flintstone ponytail, acne, etc.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I
    As far as Britney, she's admittedly rough when she doesn't fix up at all, but she does have strikingly similar features to Marilyn Monroe. And she projects sex. So she's not a total lost cause without the complete Hollywood machine--a decent Estee Lauder counter makeover and she would still be pretty. I do think it's interesting how she really doesn't care if she's seen looking like a mile of bad road, though, hair extensions visible through her Pebbles Flintstone ponytail, acne, etc.
    Oh I definitely think Britney is cute and sexy, but she seems to have to do things to fight with her weight like the rest of us. She's not very tall, she isn't "naturally thin," and I think her blase attitude toward the way she looks may be rooted in down-home-girl Southern culture. She's from Louisiana, not New York, and I think she comes from a more working class or lower-middle class background.

My only point is that she isn't like the whole Heidi Klum "OMG EVEN IN A POTATO SACK SHE LOOKS LIKE A STATUE"...Britney is surprisingly "normal" underneath her spray tan and make-up. Girl next door. Somebody's hot mom, that kind of thing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, and what is sexy to one person isn't sexy to another, but some people are born with the ability to roll out of bed looking ready for the runway. Those people are what I thought of when I saw beautiful people.com.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Oh I definitely think Britney is cute and sexy, but she seems to have to do things to fight with her weight like the rest of us. She's not very tall, she isn't "naturally thin," and I think her blase attitude toward the way she looks may be rooted in down-home-girl Southern culture. She's from Louisiana, not New York, and I think she comes from a more working class or lower-middle class background.

My only point is that she isn't like the whole Heidi Klum "OMG EVEN IN A POTATO SACK SHE LOOKS LIKE A STATUE"...Britney is surprisingly "normal" underneath her spray tan and make-up. Girl next door. Somebody's hot mom, that kind of thing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course, and what is sexy to one person isn't sexy to another, but some people are born with the ability to roll out of bed looking ready for the runway. Those people are what I thought of when I saw beautiful people.com.
    Yeah, that's true. In fact, come to think of it, I kind of relate to Britney because of that, a bit. Hmm.

I was also expecting beautifulpeople.com to be filled with the Klums and Beckhams of the world. That's why I was so wanting some infiltration.
    Something Witty

Glycerine

1st guy: attractive but I hate the angle.

2nd guy: probably really good looking in real life but I thought the coloration, angle, expression made pic "gross" to me.

3rd guy: the most attractive out of the 4 guys to me. Other than the emo hair, he looks nice because he is not going for the "metrosexual" look.

4th guy: nice symmetry and features but looks way too metrosexual to me.

The girls: pretty but very ordinary. The 3rd one stood out a bit because of her unique look.

To be honest these sorts of sites are good indicators of what's wrong with the plastics who constitute the "beauty elite", I think they're all sado-masochistic in the psycho-social sense, submit to the judgements of others and their assessment of your self, to the point of permitting them the power of inclusion/exclusion but while you're in, well, you're part of the elite and you can pride yourself on that. Its kind of the middle management dream, kiss up and piss down.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I got 31 and I'm about to fall asleep right now. I've done similar tests before and test consistently high.

"Your score: 31
    A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
    you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions"

It really is an interpersonal intelligence/skill. It probably helps me approach people out of the blue and chat them up. Or *not* approach them. :P

Also, since the conversation has kinda turned - it's easy to be beautiful when you're young. It's hard to make your own hotness. Lady Gaga created an amazing persona, that's why she is hot. There is a lot about 'attraction' and 'sexiness' and 'desirability' that is way more than someone's phenotype or bone structure. I think people were getting at that before.

More than physical beauty, I appreciate people making their own flava and creating their own personal gravity.

Even Madonna has been quoted saying that she doesn't think of herself as exceptionally beautiful, but she knows she's very stylish. Style = pop icon.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

thread unlocked (glitch happens sometimes when mods post)

@ the facial expression, you can't really explain how to read a facial expression. It's just something you do, kindof automatically. Like how you know someone is upset, you don't run through a checklist and then go "they met 5/7 criteria, I guess I should comfort them". His smirk is very different from a happy smile, and his complete lack of eye involvement makes it look especially cold and calculating. I hadn't thought about the "model look" connection though, that's a good point and possible explanation for the douche-y expression.
    -end of thread-

I was thinking "on the other hand" when this thread was locked, I can understand why people who share desirable traits and are collectively labelled beautiful would want to form a group for reasons beside the ones I mentioned earlier.

If you're one of the beautiful people you could actually experience the envy, hate or loathing of others, even possible partners, maybe if you join a group of similar peopel they will have similar experiences and may even be less jealous.

The truth could be some place in between what I said either and this.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Your score: 31
    A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
    you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions
    around their eyes. A score under 22 indicates you find this quite difficult.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.