User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I got a score of 21. Below the average range.

Incidentally, it seems I tended to misidentify positive or engaging expressions, i.e, desire, friendly, flirtatious, interested, etc...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's at least half of what makes someone physically attractive - grooming & taking care of themselves (although, I personally am no fan of the over-tanned look). As noted, that's the edge most of those people have & what the OKcupid crowd tends to lack, along with photo quality.

Online, photo quality makes a big difference in how you're perceived. Too many guys on OKcupid take a photo of themselves in a poorly lit room, glaring into a web cam at 3am, wearing some ugly old t-shirt with a bad haircut. They look like axe murderers or child molesters. The same guy with better hair, clothes & lighting would probably do much better (in real life, as well as online).
    So absolutely true. It's attractive to know that someone views themselves as worth taking care of. They don't have to be all metrosexual about it or anything, but definitely dead on about the OKcupid posse. I've seen some beastly pictures floating around on there, which isn't a good way to portray one's self, especially when wondering the grand ol' question of "Baw, why can't I get anyone?"
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Maybe they're fakes, added to give others more confidence?

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Maybe they're fakes, added to give others more confidence?
    The OKcupid posse?
    Sadly not, as I've been harassed on there by quite a few of them.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And I know a guy who looks like that who isn't a smarmy jerk.

edit - I wish we had a better wink smiley. This one looks deformed.
    Ugh you didn't even pick up on what I said at all. I didn't say he was smarmy.

I agreed that his FACIAL EXPRESSION was douchey.

Then I went on to explain how I practiced facial expressions as a stripper, that my ex is also fairly adept at those kinds of expressions, and that my good friend JTG also seems fairly adept at calculating/portraying certain facial expressions.

So am I saying I'm smarmy jerk, that my ex is a smarmy jerk, or that JTG is a smarmy jerk?

Well actually I wouldn't trust me, quite frankly, when I'm in "stripper mode," my ex used those expressions to manipulate people into doing what he wanted, and I used to squabble with JTG when I first encountered him (and the nature of his photos was a part of that issue until I got to know him better.)

When people make those kinds of facial expressions they are trying to project something, usually with the intention of manipulating others in some way, and YES if a guy made that facial expression at me in public I'd be highly suspicious of his sincerity and level of arrogance.

Like I said, I pick up on these sorts of things IRL too, like there was this guy who used to give me the creeps and found out he had been repeatedly convicted for date rape. Another guy, had a bad "reading" on, and he turned out to be this horribly underhanded malicious plotting person.

The man in that photo may be a very nice person once you get past his bullshit, but he gives off the impression with that particular expression that his bullshit is a great deal to wade through, and that his confidence level may be so high that he is arrogant rather than simply confident.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I didn't say he was smarmy.
    That is true. But Magic Poriferan did.

PS, I don't strongly disagree with what you said.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    The OKcupid posse?
    Sadly not, as I've been harassed on there by quite a few of them.
    Yeah I was on okcupid at one point. I had a date with a nice looking ExTP guy who owned his own business (and proceeded to offer to buy me a bike after only knowing me for a few days, and therefore scared me off), but many of the guys on there from West Virginia just straight up fucking disgusted me. I'm like,wow, I shouldn't have to go on the Internet to meet you...I could meet you in a trailer park down the holler.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZYSiWHW8V0&feature=related"]I've always thought this person is a perfect example of what you can do with money and a good stylist. She gives us all hope.[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

And see Stefani Germanotta as someone whom it cannot help.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And see Stefani Germanotta as someone whom it cannot help.
    Point taken. Though she looks pretty cool in her especially elaborate outfits.

I was thinking the other day that I was lucky to at least be born with rounded feminine features and good teeth.

But I think about how I feel comparing myself to people who are beautiful, even with those things going for me, and I feel sort of like Britney Spears, dude. Haha.