User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 272

  1. #181
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    i would also be inclined to classify that expression as smug...

    it's mostly in the half-smile, i think. it's part sneer, part i'm-not-bothering-to-smile-all-the-way. turning the edge that's facing the viewer up, a smile partly just for them. and then there are his eyes, which are not squinted up in happiness - in a "true" smile, the orbicularis oculi - the muscle that lifts your cheek - will scrunch up. it's like he has 1 out of 4 parts that "check out" with real smile - one corner of mouth turned up, neither eye scrunched. though to be fair to him, he has the other corner lifted a little too. it's just very posed looking, the whole thing. the way his shoulders are turned, his head is tilted, his mouth is just so, his eyes are open, eyebrows are neutral, hair clearly dyed, etc. to be honest not having the hair dyed would make him look like george clooney, and much more attractive to me!

    just my thoughts. i don't really know anything about him. the biggest thing i get out of the photo is "posed".

    i bet you'd get a better expression from him if you tickled him.

    but then, it might not be "beautiful"...

  2. #182
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    I tend to score in the 95th+ percentile on facial expression tests. Interestingly, I tend to score terribly (10-20th percentile) in the facial recognition tests; e.g. recognizing different people's faces and telling them apart (I'd be a horrible material witness).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #183
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i would also be inclined to classify that expression as smug...

    it's mostly in the half-smile, i think. it's part sneer, part i'm-not-bothering-to-smile-all-the-way. turning the edge that's facing the viewer up, a smile partly just for them. and then there are his eyes, which are not squinted up in happiness - in a "true" smile, the orbicularis oculi - the muscle that lifts your cheek - will scrunch up. it's like he has 1 out of 4 parts that "check out" with real smile - one corner of mouth turned up, neither eye scrunched. though to be fair to him, he has the other corner lifted a little too. it's just very posed looking, the whole thing. the way his shoulders are turned, his head is tilted, his mouth is just so, his eyes are open, eyebrows are neutral, hair clearly dyed, etc. to be honest not having the hair dyed would make him look like george clooney, and much more attractive to me!

    just my thoughts. i don't really know anything about him. the biggest thing i get out of the photo is "posed".

    i bet you'd get a better expression from him if you tickled him.

    but then, it might not be "beautiful"...
    Yeah a male friend of mine just said "fake smile" but he said he couldn't tell if he was being cocky or arrogant, but knew it wasn't displaying happiness.

    This article is very fascinating, it touches on the whole thing about women being able to read facial expressions:

    http://icanhasscience.com/uncategori...-testosterone/

  4. #184
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    I got 28 on that test. Maybe I'm not as socially awkward as I think...

    /offtopic

  5. #185
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I got 28 on that test. Maybe I'm not as socially awkward as I think...

    /offtopic
    Oh honey we've been off topic since we ceased discussing whether or not we'd join, and went beyond if the people in the pics are "beautiful" or just "attractive."

    But here's my score!

    Your score: 31
    A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
    you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions
    around their eyes. A score under 22 indicates you find this quite difficult.

  6. #186
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    My score:

    Your score: 35
    A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
    you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions
    around their eyes. A score under 22 indicates you find this quite difficult.

    The correct answers for the ones you missed are:
    35: nervous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #187
    The Eighth Colour Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I got a score of 26, so I guess I don't have Asperger's. I did the test relatively quickly, based on first impressions.

    The actual paper is here:
    http://affect.media.mit.edu/Rgrads/A...1-eyestest.pdf

    Note that the language ("target words") used to describe the facial expression was not based on the mood, or self reported feelings of the person in the image, but selected ad-hoc.
    So the test is not measuring whether you can tell the mood/thoughts of the individual in the photo, but whether you report the same perceptual associations as the group that determined the word associations. It is possible that this group has misjudged some of the associations, leading to ambiguity - a wrong answer on that test might ironically be more correct compared to the original mood of the individual.

    The effect of biological sex was small and did not reach p<0.05. There was no effect for IQ either.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I tend to score in the 95th+ percentile on facial expression tests.
    On an officially administered test?

  8. #188
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,908

    Default

    For the record, I thought the guy looked kind of like a smarmy jerk, too. But I also acknowledge it's a mere hunch and I understand why others are confused.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #189
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    On an officially administered test?
    No, on internet based tests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #190
    The Eighth Colour Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    But I also acknowledge it's a mere hunch and I understand why others are confused.
    And I know a guy who looks like that who isn't a smarmy jerk.

    edit - I wish we had a better wink smiley. This one looks deformed.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] Fallen for an ISFP beauty
    By Schema in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM
  2. [INFJ] Too nice for your own good
    By Economica in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 12:28 PM
  3. [NT] NTs - too cool for school! yes?
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO