Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Bigotry aside, we are better off making quick assumptions about some people sometimes. It isn't nonsense, it is using probability to allow for quick decision making. The only time it is nonsense is when a person continues to believe a particular set of things despite sufficient time and contradictory evidence.
    Yes, exactly.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Why do you care so much about this stranger on the Internet, really? Why doesn't the entire concept of the Beautiful People website bother you if you don't like the idea of people being judged by photos?
    I can tell you exactly why it bothers me. I think that you are overextending your capabilities to judge someone by criteria that would extend beyond aesthetics. I could see something and have a reaction, like an attraction for example, but I couldn't see someone and guess their capabilities, their feelings, their insecurities, their experience, their practices, or anything but what is truly there. There is visual perception, nothing more. You delve too deep, you're digging, perhaps this is your gift, but how do you know where you are digging by looking at the glimpse of the surface. I don't trust your assumption.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I can tell you exactly why it bothers me. I think that you are overextending your capabilities to judge someone by criteria that would extend beyond aesthetics. I could see something and have a reaction, like an attraction for example, but I couldn't see someone and guess their capabilities, their feelings, their insecurities, their experience, their practices, or anything but what is truly there. There is visual perception, nothing more. You delve too deep, you're digging, perhaps this is your gift, but how do you know where you are digging by looking at the glimpse of the surface. I don't trust your assumption.
    It's pretty accurate most of the time IRL. I can get reads of people and they'll do something and I'll be like "yep."

I'm not claiming I'm 100% correct from looking at one photo, but I can tell you what that facial expression means.

Ability to read facial expressions from photos is related to EQ rather than IQ, you can look it up, there's at least one test on-line.

All you're doing is negating a skill because it's a weak spot for you. You also seem to presuming that I'm 100% CONVINCED HE'S AN EVIL HUMAN BEING, which is a total exaggeration.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would be dead right now probably without my ability to read people, the life I've led, geez.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Quick assumptions like that have served humanity well throughout the centuries; we simply do not have time to get to know every Tom, Dick and Harry that passes by.
    I think the difference is that some people jump to conclusions much faster than others. There is nothing wrong with that per se, if such beliefs are subject to change as you point out.

For the record; (a) I have found this recent discussion amusing and I now have a smug grin on my face (b) I agree that guy has a smug grin on his face. (c) The guy may well be arrogant and I couldn't really care less if he is or not in real life, but I believe it is impossible to tell based on one photograph. (d) This thread is certainly illustrative of how much of an impression some people gain from photographs and potentially first impressions. (e) Personally, I am much better at reading people in real life than from a photograph, because a lot more information is gained.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Some people make better criminals, hookers, politicians, and topless dancers than others.

WHY?

Because of their ability to read people.

I feel like I'm going to tear my hair out.

MBTI
    INTP

You also seem to presuming that I'm 100% CONVINCED HE'S AN EVIL HUMAN BEING
    Now who is exaggerating?

And yeah, I probably am bad at reading people

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Some people make better criminals, hookers, politicians, and topless dancers than others.

WHY?

Because of their ability to read people.

I feel like I'm going to tear my hair out.
    You just keep saying that you can. The reason other people here are lost is that they apparently can't and they are inquiring how you can. It's normal for a person to be unconvinced if they can't get some kind of elaboration as to how something works.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here's an academic article, I'll get a handy-dandy quiz link too so you can test yourself, if you like.

http://apps.olin.wustl.edu/faculty/e...cesChapter.PDF

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi