User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    FREE

I think it all boils down to kindness. Being confident in one's abilities (in conjunction with actually being able) is universally attractive; obviously some moron who is confident but has no skills to back it up will look like a fool. Arrogance and smugness tend to be associated with a combination of both confidence and a snobbery/rudeness/etc. It isn't the confidence, but the other negative traits that come into play as well that make smugness and arrogance unappealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't understand how you can't see it.

This is one of my principle life-skills. LOL.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

In real life you have a lot more cues to work with. When you are basing it merely on a single picture, there is a lot more room for error (and imagination). You may well be right, but it's still pure speculation.

edit - note due to the rapidfire posting, this was typed after Beargryllz's post and before the others.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I think it all boils down to kindness. Being confident in one's abilities (in conjunction with actually being able) is universally attractive; obviously some moron who is confident but has no stills to back it up will look like a fool. Arrogance and smugness tend to be associated with a combination of both confidence and a snobbery/rudeness/etc. It isn't the confidence, but the other negative traits that come into play as well that make smugness and arrogance unappealing.
    But wheres the beef? Where and how can you take a look a photograph and decide how rude a person is? It would take huge amounts of information to make that kind of a judgment. It upsets me that a person could be judged by so little. I don't even know how you could possibly make this kind of decision off of a photograph.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Intensely rejected inferior Fe is very funny.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm angrier now than I have been all week

MBTI
    FREE

It is likely that someone making that face is intensely aware of his sexual appeal, and often times those types of people are smug and arrogant. Marm cannot and does not know for sure that the person pictured is smug or arrogant, but it is quite possible.

Edit:

Quick assumptions like that have served humanity well throughout the centuries; we simply do not have time to get to know every Tom, Dick and Harry that passes by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    It upsets me that a person could be judged by so little. I don't even know how you could possibly make this kind of decision off of a photograph.
    I agree with this. The thread started making me really uncomfortable after the photos were introduced.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I'm angrier now than I have been all week
    Some types of people do better quick reads of other people due to functional preferences, life experience, and practice.

I'm sorry that makes you angry. I don't get angry when people tell me I can't do algebra as well as they can.

Why do you care so much about this stranger on the Internet, really? Why doesn't the entire concept of the Beautiful People website bother you if you don't like the idea of people being judged by photos?

What Jonnyboy said is spot on. Jonnyboy also has a grasp of his Fe, though, and I've witnessed glimpses of it in vent.

MBTI
    FREE

I wasn't being sarcastic. Bigotry aside, we are better off making quick assumptions about some people sometimes. It isn't nonsense, it is using probability to allow for quick decision making. The only time it is nonsense is when a person continues to believe a particular set of things despite sufficient time and contradictory evidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]