User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

the first picture of a guy from okcupid is really appealing, although it's also the best photograph by far and with good lighting, so that may be a factor. the other 3 would be far more attractive with different "grooming" styles and some exercise, although not to the crazy extent of the "beautiful" guy pics. Third guy is pretty cool-looking actually.

the girls from okcupid are all crappy photos, either bad or no makeup, and not in ideal shape (or at least not showing all their goods). I bet the in-shape ones could be made over to look very similar to the "beautiful" ones, especially with lighting/photoshop. The site is only how beautiful the photos are, not the people.

edit: I guess "beautiful people" is a nicer-sounding club than "no ugliez allowed"
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    the first picture of a guy from okcupid is really appealing, although it's also the best photograph by far and with good lighting, so that may be a factor. the other 3 would be far more attractive with different "grooming" styles and some exercise, although not to the crazy extent of the "beautiful" guy pics. Third guy is pretty cool-looking actually.

the girls from okcupid are all crappy photos, either bad or no makeup, and not in ideal shape (or at least not showing all their goods). I bet the in-shape ones could be made over to look very similar to the "beautiful" ones, especially with lighting/photoshop. The site is only how beautiful the photos are, not the people.
    It really is about the quality of the photos and weight more than anything, seriously.

The two bottom girls from okcupid are cute, just the girl in the dress is in a blurry picture, and the black-and-white photo girl isn't showing her body at all. The top two girls are just heavy-set and didn't bother to "fix themselves up." And, hey, maybe they're like "what you see is what you get." Maybe that's their personality and they want a guy who is the same way.

To each their own.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

How does smiling/looking happy make that guy look like a douche? His fake hair colour and hair style does, but what is wrong with the expression?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    How does smiling/looking happy make that guy look like a douche? His fake hair colour and hair style does, but what is wrong with the expression?
    Maybe your feeling function is poorly developed but he doesn't look happy, he looks smug.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    The second batch look more friendly.

Why would you need to be friendly to the rabble when you are so clearly beautiful?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's true! They look happier, less tense, like they have more charm and character. They're real pictures of real people, not carefully posed with the intention of thinking "I'm must compete and look as superficially beautiful as possible!"
    There is generally an impression that you look better if you aren't smiling. I guess it's to avoid wrinkles or contortions in the face. Also, it's so hard to get nice teeth...

It really is about the quality of the photos and weight more than anything, seriously.
    I have sincerely told a few of the women I know that they could also look like Hollywood starlets or fashion models if they had a team of people to dress them up and do their makeup, and professional photographers take their picture, and still other people doctoring those pictures. They tend to respond with some mixture of being flattered (which is funny since I'm point out that it isn't special) or sadly with disbelief.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

edit: I guess "beautiful people" is a nicer-sounding club than "no ugliez allowed"
    NoUggos.com: Where Fitness and Photoshop Rule

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    he's almost-literally screaming "ha, bet you wish you were as awesome as me. I'm amazing! want to hear all about it?"
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Why would you need to be friendly to the rabble when you are so clearly beautiful?

There is generally an impression that you look better if you aren't smiling. I guess it's to avoid wrinkles or contortions in the face. Also, it's so hard to get nice teeth...
    But it's evident that there's a certain psychology presented. The quality of the photos is more portrait-like than snapshot. There is a stiffness. I know the concept of it's more attractive to not be smiling, trust me, it's just that there's clearly a kind of "plastic" image being shot for rather than a "natural" one.

I have sincerely told a few of the women I know that they could also look like Hollywood starlets or fashion models if they had a team of people to dress them up and do their makeup, and professional photographers take their picture, and still other people doctoring those pictures. They tend to respond with some mixture of being flattered (which is funny since I'm point out that it isn't special) or sadly with disbelief.
    I think tabloids which show pictures of famous people with no make-up on and sporting cellulite are the best thing to happen to the free press.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It looks like they should call this site "high maintenance people with photoshop skills."
    That's at least half of what makes someone physically attractive - grooming & taking care of themselves (although, I personally am no fan of the over-tanned look). As noted, that's the edge most of those people have & what the OKcupid crowd tends to lack, along with photo quality.

Online, photo quality makes a big difference in how you're perceived. Too many guys on OKcupid take a photo of themselves in a poorly lit room, glaring into a web cam at 3am, wearing some ugly old t-shirt with a bad haircut. They look like axe murderers or child molesters. The same guy with better hair, clothes & lighting would probably do much better (in real life, as well as online).

OKcupid has too many extreme types for me though. It's a place to go if you're hardcore vegan or polyamorous or goth or all three.

Anyway, I would join this site (using a fake photo of course) just to rate the cheesy people down (you know, the ones you can tell are excessively vain), but I'm betting they have measures to prevent people from doing that, as it's undoubtedly not an original idea :P.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

he's almost-literally screaming "ha, bet you wish you were as awesome as me. I'm amazing! want to hear all about it?"
    It's fascinating though to see that an INTx would interpret a cocky twist of the mouth to be a happy smile.

I'm beginning to see just what some NTs don't see when they look around. It seems so OBVIOUS to me, like how could anyone but a baby or an idiot be fooled by his expression?

/beating up NTs