User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    FREE

Well, you have to consider that this site accepts 1 in 13 or so applicants. It isn't like these people are going to be supermodels or anything, but they most assuredly wont be people who most would consider ugly, and I think that is the point of the website.

Here are a few randomly selected profile pictures from OKCupid:

**I just did a random search and picked the first four of each sex**
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I see your point.

Edit: though what I'm noticing "wrong" about some of these photos are overweight people who don't even bother to groom themselves or "dress up" for their profile pictures...not necessarily genetic flaws...

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    The average person doesn't bother staying in shape or put so much work into their looks. That's why these people are above average. As well, the average person can't get the same shape out of their bodies since they don't have the right bone structure.
    Oh, I see the confusion. I was talking about facial structure. I don't really consider it beauty if it's from a can.

As far as average goes, I realize the average weight-wise is obese in the states and many other countries, but when I say "average-looking" I don't mean mathematical average! Not even close. I mean average-looking as in they're not exceptional, as in very high percentile. As in someone you'd stare at because you haven't seen anyone that hot in a while.

I think I came across as more judging than I intended, lol. I think lots and lots and lots of people are attractive in the world and seriously check out multiple people most days....which is in a twisted way sorta why I don't think these people are anything special, other than the first (may just be the lighting though) and last. Maybe my definition of "beautiful" is abnormally strict....
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Oh, I see the confusion. I was talking about facial structure. I don't really consider it beauty if it's from a can.

As far as average goes, I realize the average weight-wise is obese in the states and many other countries, but when I say "average-looking" I don't mean mathematical average! Not even close. I mean average-looking as in they're not exceptional, as in very high percentile. As in someone you'd stare at because you haven't seen anyone that hot in a while.
    Okay. I'm looking at them as packages and the women who are showing body pics look good. Part of the site criteria is body too, height, weight, etc.

I'd classify every person linked as being varying degrees of above average. While there's one or two that are iffy, they're not your average person wandering around on the street.

Elitist sites like this aren't my thing but I don't begrudge people their clubs or cliques.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Okay. I'm looking at them as packages and the women who are showing body pics look good. Part of the site criteria is body too, height, weight, etc.

I'd classify every person linked as being varying degrees of above average. While there's one or two that are iffy, they're not your average person wandering around on the street.

Elitist sites like this aren't my thing but I don't begrudge people their clubs or cliques.
    Yeah, these people are pretty. I was just expecting supermodel level, not stripper level, I guess is my point. It's also clinging to a particular aesthetic (the whole tan thing, that is a very particular cultural aesthetic that has nothing to do with genes) ...I think the girl who looked like Amelie is probably the closest to looking like a model in terms of bone structure.

The one guy that Randomnity called "douchey" though could potentially do male modeling, like it or not. He also looks RICH though. It's amazing what money can do for one's appearance.

Whatever, my questions were appropriately answered.

I didn't mean to come across as judgey either like I'm beautiful (har har har...no). I just don't necessarily see any kind of inherent genetic superiority in most of the people pictured.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

yeah, that guy does have model features (hell, he probably does model), even though it's not attractive to me. I think a lot of models look kinda weird actually - caricature-like, very similar to that guy.

everyone also has their teeth bleached, which always sticks out to me in photos, lol

edit: actually if I look at douchebag guy again, maybe my perception of his appearance is overly affected by his douchebag smirk and excessive product use. I'd have to see a more natural picture, he'd probably be more attractive in that.

edit2: this thread is suggesting to me that I have weird taste, I think
    -end of thread-

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If this site is exclusive and the exclusion is based on the majority opinion of its members, it is all but guaranteed that the appearance on the site will gradually homogenize.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    yeah, that guy does have model features (hell, he probably does model), even though it's not attractive to me. I think a lot of models look kinda weird actually - caricature-like, very similar to that guy.

everyone also has their teeth bleached, which always sticks out to me in photos, lol
    I think the two guys you liked the least were the two I liked the most. LULZ. But the model-features guy does have a "douchey" expression, like if I saw him in public I would be totally turned off by the arrogance he's projecting.

It reminds me of this male dancer I met once back when I was dancing. He kept hitting on me like he was CERTAIN I was going to go home with him, I think he was really in shock that every woman on the face of the planet didn't want his body. He was sooo conceited it was annoying. Insecurity radiated off of him, too, that's the thing I get with those guys sometimes....they actually radiate a certain fear, just like women do who have been subjected to being judged excessively by the way they look, so it seems feminine to me maybe, and therefore not sexy, when they radiate that vibe.

I'm just babbling now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

These are several of each sex from the website. I don't know why they don't protect pictures...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Well, you have to consider that this site accepts 1 in 13 or so applicants. It isn't like these people are going to be supermodels or anything, but they most assuredly wont be people who most would consider ugly, and I think that is the point of the website.

Here are a few randomly selected profile pictures from OKCupid:

**I just did a random search and picked the first four of each sex**
    The second batch look more friendly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's true! They look happier, less tense, like they have more charm and character. They're real pictures of real people, not carefully posed with the intention of thinking "I'm must compete and look as superficially beautiful as possible!"

I actually think the guy in the first pic in front of the trees with the watch is cute, and there's something about the guy with the scarf that is appealing. Maybe I'm just emo.