First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'd probably not join it, unless it was free and didnt take a lot of work on my part. Its a kind of elitism and often that's too much hard work.
    It is free, and doesn't take any work, actually. I think you only pay for certain things and can do the work that you wish.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think my perception of beauty is different. Perhaps because I grew up partly in Asia and have been influenced by different phenotypes and standards. Some people I think their face is clearly asymmetrical or overpowered or even brutish looking (just being honest) but they are models or considered very good looking. I think it's also partly how much your face fits in with that 'ideal beauty face mapping' thing where your proportions are relatively close to the ideal. So even if your features aren't balanced and something is not aesthetically pleasing overall the proportions are enough for the brain to read the face as attractive. Or something.

All things being equal, I think in the western world faces with stronger features (prominent noses, prominent jaws, large eyes, strong eyebrows, etc.) are read as more attractive. In eastern Asian it's the opposite, it's people with more delicate and even features usually.

If you look cross culturally at the Asians that Americans find beautiful and the Asian celebrities that Asians themselves like, there is usually only a small overlap.

Another example, both my parents thought Geena Davis was so unattractive when they saw her in a movie. Basically said, "That's attractive? That's what Americans find beautiful, geez, what do they know" And when I look at Asian American actors and personalities who make it in the states, and I recognize that they are attractive, but I think some of them would not have had the look wanted for celebrities in their parents' homelands. Could also say the same of certain celebrities in other countries who are considered hot commodities and you can see that they are attractive or cute or good looking BUT the standards of beauty desired in each country are different, not that the people themselves are unattractive.

So basically...yeah, I wouldn't sweat it if you get rejected from a site like this unless that is the kind of look you aspire for. If it is and you care so much, there's always plastic surgery and lots and lots of grooming.
    That's true, too. I usually like beauties from all countries <3 But I guess there are some that are just "universally" attractive--probably of mixed race then. o-o
    EDIT: and what I've learned about models is it's not so much that they're pretty, but more unique and have strong bone-structure (why some can look brutish) because they're striking enough to draw attention. I have only seen a few models that I thought were beautiful, the rest kind of looked malnourished and spooky :|
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

pretty face, fancy lighting, photoshop.

very ordinary with a good body. Nearly anyone could look like this with enough time and money spent on appearance. very fake-looking.

interesting. her unflattering haircut and eyebrows throw me off. she looks like amelie (and like she's trying to). pretty, though.

again, ordinary face + lighting + makeup + good body = fake-looking, decent appearance.

good looking enough but nobody I'd stare at on the bus

.....ewwww. He has exaggerated features and a bad tan/hair colour mix. and a really douchey expression

lost my appetite a little there. He's flat-out ugly IMO, but maybe it's just the emo vibe.

............I'll be in my bunk

/shallow

Seriously though, that's pretty ordinary-looking for a site that claims to be the most beautiful. Most of those people only look "good" because they have good bodies, tons of makeup and a tan.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Seriously though, that's pretty ordinary-looking for a site that claims to be the most beautiful. Most of those people only look "good" because they have good bodies, tons of makeup and a tan.
    Random...you just came out of the gate swinging, didn't you.

YOU'RE CRACKING ME UP GIRL!!

And holy - I think you have the magic formula! Let me bust out my orange spray tan...

Also -

OMG, you do this, too??

Let's ride public transit sometime together and be stalking buddies
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

If you look cross culturally at the Asians that Americans find beautiful and the Asian celebrities that Asians themselves like, there is usually only a small overlap.
    Do you have any links to studies on this, it sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    These are several of each sex from the website.
    So there are some average looking people as well. Thanks for sharing.

(Now I'm sad as I'm not even close to being as good looking as those two men.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

pretty face, fancy lighting, photoshop.

very ordinary with a good body. Nearly anyone could look like this with enough time and money spent on appearance. very fake-looking.

interesting. her unflattering haircut and eyebrows throw me off. she looks like amelie (and like she's trying to). pretty, though.

again, ordinary face + lighting + makeup + good body = fake-looking, decent appearance.

.....ewwww. He has exaggerated features and a bad tan/hair colour mix. and a really douchey expression

lost my appetite a little there. He's flat-out ugly IMO, but maybe it's just the emo vibe.

............I'll be in my bunk

/shallow

It looks like they should call this site "high maintenance people with photoshop skills."

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Do you have any links to studies on this, it sounds interesting.
    Hmm, mostly anecdotal from travelling in Asia and seeing Asian media and consuming media in the states. Also, if you look at 'most beautiful women from around the world' slideshows and articles it's interesting to compare. Neonatal features are preferred on women in general - babylike features - because they signal fertility and health and child bearing years. And there was this 'face mapping 'thing that mapped 'the perfect face' and compared how comparatively beautiful women from different races/ethnicities compared. Basically, they fit the map more or less but I remember for Asians or East Asians it said that the cheekbones or face tends to be a bit broader than the map or something.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post

These are several of each sex from the website. I don't know why they don't protect pictures...

It's a matter of perception, too. I don't think the girl in that white shirt or the guy in that black jacket are incredibly attractive, just average, well-groomed people.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

OMG, you do this, too??

Let's ride public transit sometime together and be stalking buddies
    That would be sooooo awesome. If I'm ever by your way, I'm so stalking you people on the bus with you!

(really, how do people not stare when they see ridiculously good looking, or even just interesting-looking people on the bus? It's like a magnet)
    -end of thread-

You guys are brutal!

*hides pics*