User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    @boo
    From what I can see, I don't think they have a ranking system in place... rather ironic. I wouldn't suppose anything about the members at this point. I'm sure some of them are superficial air-heads, but I can't imagine they all are.

Do you hold the same disdain for MENSA members?
    That's the one with the IQ test, am I correct? Sort of. I mean at least with that website they're pursuing something intellectual (which imo is better than looks <3) but it's also very discouraging if you don't get in. "Wha? I'm stoopid? ;____;" A test can only measure so much, which is the problem with these websites. You're being judged either by a test or people you don't know. Some could say it's a matter of luck.
    Bee tee dubs, are you still a member?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ENFP

Speaking of that... a site that claims to have real beautiful people should have more stringent requirements for photos.

Example: You provide your e-mail, username, etc. to sign up. You get an e-mail with a confirmation code. Then, you have to take a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper with that code written on it. Then, your photo is displayed and voted on, with the code under it, for verification by users.
    Makes me wonder if they have any fake-os. I'd gladly surf the net for a candid celebrity photo and see if they can recognize it
    I actually wanted to see the foreign beauties ;__; I don't see 'em much in this place.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    That's the one with the IQ test, am I correct? Sort of. I mean at least with that website they're pursuing something intellectual (which imo is better than looks <3) but it's also very discouraging if you don't get in. "Wha? I'm stoopid? ;____;" A test can only measure so much, which is the problem with these websites. You're being judged either by a test or people you don't know. Some could say it's a matter of luck.
    Bee tee dubs, are you still a member?
    Yeah. I thought it was over after I spammed acceptance votes, but I just got a warning... I think they just want the 16 dollar a month fee from me, lulz.

I agree with you for the most part; it can be very hurtful to have exclusionary clubs. However, I don't fault them for wanting to have a dating site for people who are attractive. I know when I was single I used OKCupid for a time, and was rather annoyed with the number of people I found physically unappealing. It was almost as if my match% with a girl was inversely correlated with her physical appearance; very discouraging. I don't consider myself shallow, but I do need to be physically attracted to someone in order to be in a relationship with her. To each his own...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

True true. I still don't put much emphasis on appearances as some would. Yeah, he's got to be at least in the average meter but personality is what I fall in love with (as I'm sure most do.)

Did they say what country had the best looking people?
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah. I thought it was over after I spammed acceptance votes, but I just got a warning... I think they just want the 16 dollar a month fee from me, lulz.

I agree with you for the most part; it can be very hurtful to have exclusionary clubs. However, I don't fault them for wanting to have a dating site for people who are attractive. I know when I was single I used OKCupid for a time, and was rather annoyed with the number of people I found physically unappealing. It was almost as if my match% with a girl was inversely correlated with her physical appearance; very discouraging. I don't consider myself shallow, but I do need to be physically attracted to someone in order to be in a relationship with her. To each his own...
    I suppose it could be hurtful, but that's what you are asking for when you are asking strangers to candidly judge you based on your looks. Most people are setting themselves up for failure. I guess it could be beneficial for those who are truly ingrained in beauty/ and find it important. For me, I don't find physical attraction all that important (aside from an obvious level of presentability. They just have to look "normal.") At the same time, I do think that genuine 8 to 10/10 beauty is something that could be perceived as very special and unique.

I am personally very naturally attracted to a very specific kind of personality, that they will not ever have a website for. But if they did, I would certainly attend that website and reject most people who applied, since it would be so unique and cool for me to actually have a meeting place to socialize with that specific kind of person.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    FREE

@boo

I'm not sure. I think in one of the interviews the site's creator (who I think looks kind of gross) mentioned that the Scandinavian countries are particularly attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I am personally very naturally attracted to a very specific kind of personality, that they will not ever have a website for. But if they did, I would certainly attend that website and reject most people who applied, since it would be so unique and cool for me to actually have a meeting place to socialize with that specific kind of person.
    Exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP

I agree--you're signing up to be judged. But what about those that really thought they were attractive and got shotdown? " I'm ugly...?" It's happened to some of my friends and it's sad stuff to witness.
    And also their attitude just pisses me off :P "Beautiful families" puh!
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    I agree--you're signing up to be judged. But what about those that really thought they were attractive and got shotdown? " I'm ugly...?" It's happened to some of my friends and it's sad stuff to witness.
    And also their attitude just pisses me off :P "Beautiful families" puh!
    You'd have to be on the insecure side to let a site about beautiful people change your opinion of yourself. (I don't suddenly think I'm ugly because of this rejection. I still genuinely think that I'm pretty.) Going in I knew I could tolerate a blow. Hopefully people have enough perspective to be able to do that.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    These are very good looking people. I must have just been seeing applicants in the couple of hours before the site started having issues. Some of the pictures I was looking at were downright homely. (I don't understand the look of that young feminine looking boy here though.)
    They are pretty attractive, but the women seem a bit overdone. Oh, and the men's hair too. Lighten up on the product!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They are pretty attractive, but the women seem a bit overdone. Oh, and the men's hair too. Lighten up on the product!
    Don't you know that beauty takes a lot of work???

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.