Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Obviously you're right but none of that has anything to do with what I'm talking about.

I think you guys fixated on the word "politics" & missed the real question I was trying to ask, which was: why should anyone care about the state of the world? Should they? Why should anyone devote any effort toward fixing any kind of large-scale problem? I'm not saying they should or shouldn't. I'm just wondering if you guys have reasons either way, if you agree or disagree. I'm assuming, for example, that a lot of you guys read the news & pay attention to current events. Why? What is accomplished by learning about things you're powerless over?
    Or are you not powerless? What kind of power DO you have? etc.
    Well technically speaking, the only immediate power that you have as a citizen within a democracy is a tiny fractions of influence over the politicians whom rule you; you can vote for who you want to be as representitive, and you can impeach those, or mock their unwanted behaviors, out of office. But seeing as how such power is not only miniscule, but also a slow at accomplishing better things in the world, then yeah, the idea that of fixing real world problems will never happen starts to seep within the mind.

But in reality, there are always more creative ways of attaining power where one can influence greater parts of the world, powers beyond that which is naturally given by law. For example, right now you could make a video, detailing an argument, plan, or idea, and then post that video onto youtube. That video could potentially grow in popularity to the point where thousands or even millions of people have veiwed and agreed with it, thus you have gained an audience. From there you can create a social group, whose combined power of many individuals, all sharing your same goals for bettering the world, could effectively change political and social policies.

Thus the potential for change on the grander political scale is still possible, one must achieve the right means to it.

EDIT: other ways of acheiving social power: becoming involved in politics, becoming mayor, then senator, then president. Or starting a rock band with a strong politixal message and philosophy. Or joining a group dedicated to a certain cause.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Typically cute boys dominate my thinking, and admittedly, the Prime Minister of Russia is kind of hot for an old man.
    Vladimir PUTIN!!???

... vomit... on the keyboard...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Vladimir PUTIN!!???

... vomit... on the keyboard...
    Let me guess? You're so repelled by his moral fiber (or lack thereof) that you can't even see what he looks like?

I'm not an Fi dom. I don't have this problem.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If you frequently imagine yourself in opposition to those in power, you might be an enneagram 6.
    Maybe so. Personally I haven't read the news except occasionally in years, & I'm a ton happier this way. I'm probably like that INTP you know. I have to totally get away from it or I get deranged.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Let me guess? You're so repelled by his moral fiber (or lack thereof) that you can't even see what he looks like?

I'm not an Fi dom. I don't have this problem.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vl...GB_uniform.jpg

OMG!

I'll grant that's an unusually bad picture though. Some guys get better with age & also the KGB would take its toll on a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vl...GB_uniform.jpg

OMG!

I'll grant that's an unusually bad picture though
    Eh, maybe not the best photo of him, but you know I grew up in the 80's, and my grandfather was obsessed with the world news, so the KGB is sort of this foreign, mysterious, vaguely sado-masochistic erotic thing for me, what can I say.

I'll have you know I've seen someone post on this forum that their 3 year old daughter said Putin was cute. The man has bone structure that some Russian boys have, and a nice mouth and eyes. It's not like I'm alone here. Even three year olds agree. Something must be objectively right about him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He has that stern, weathered yet strangely soulful look in his eyes that could entrance a woman. I know-- even though I am a male, who is not homosexual... male attractiveness as an abstraction is something I can totally talk about.

In fact, don't even get me started!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He has that stern, weathered yet strangely soulful look in his eyes that could entrance a woman. I know-- even though I am a male, who is not homosexual... male attractiveness as an abstraction is something I can totally talk about.

In fact, don't even get me started!
    Oh yeah? What do you think of Jared Leto?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He was hot in Requiem for a Dream, but last time I saw him he had some funky kinda mohawk thing goin on, & I was just like, "Jared... bro..."

totally lost my boner.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He was hot in Requiem for a Dream, but last time I saw him he had some funky kinda mohawk thing goin on, & I was just like, "Jared... bro..."

totally lost my boner.
    I like him with eyeliner.