User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Canada riot

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Canada riot

Not sure this should go here but if not, it can be moved.

This explains the riot;
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...-for-the-chaos

I believe this explanation. I think it's funny when people have assumed that Canada is supposed to be a peaceful environment, lololol when most of the druggy population is there.

I am also wondering what the fuck is wrong with people getting so angry like primitives over a stupid ass game. I've seen so many drunk idiots fight because of it and I only thought that was the mentality of the southerner. I guess I'm wrong.

I think if I were amidst this, I would be crying and hiding somewhere and hoping to go the fuck home soon or worrying about injured people on the streets, trying to get them to safety. This sort of behavior sickens me to my core.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

figsfiggyfigs

This is extremely embarrassing for Canada. That's for sure.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I find it pretty ridiculous. As a hockey fan, I understand their team's history and why this was so upsetting to lose in game 7.. But come on. Grow up. And a lot of this article just seems like 'excuses'.

For example:
    Physical Environment

The physical landscape of downtown Vancouver is very congested, and over 100,000 fans packed into a small area. Most of these fans traveled from nearby areas to get there, so getting out of the city immediately after the game wasn't that easy.
    Yeah, welcome to EVERY MAJOR CITY. I went to a Pens game in Pittsburgh. It wasn't even during playoffs, and it took us like 50 minutes to get 5 blocks away from the stadium while leaving. During a Stanley cup game 7? Forget about it. This congestion is normal, and happens after every major sporting event. That's no excuse for fans to tear apart downtown.

This reminded me of the riots in Toronto during the G20 summit. Riots look absolutely terrifying when I watch this stuff on Youtube.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Also, this story about the two couples kissing. Scott jones and Alex Thomas. Apparently some of the police slammed her with their shields and Scott came to comfort her. I'm thinking he's an Nf from the description his mother gave to him being "A dreamer" though this happening wasn't even supposed to be a sign of staged love within violence, it came out that way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

As a Canadian I am definitely ashamed of the behavior of my fellow citizens. And i'm sure i'm not the only one. Telephones lines are over flowing with callers turning in rioters, even reports of parents turning in their own children who participated. After the riot citizens of Vancouver were creating facebook groups to gather and organize people to help clean up the downtown area. I hope that these behaviours will reflect what Canadian's really are and strive to be more so than the events of that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post

I think it's funny when people have assumed that Canada is supposed to be a peaceful environment, lololol when most of the druggy population is there.
    I am also wondering what the fuck is wrong with people getting so angry like primitives over a stupid ass game. I've seen so many drunk idiots fight because of it and I only thought that was the mentality of the southerner. I guess I'm wrong.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    STUF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLqLeRv5sw#t=1m45s

It's the same in any nation ever, the retarded actions of a few are taken as being representative of the whole.
    Whoops.

Vancouver riot, not Canada riot. The rest of us had nothing to do with it.

Made for some interesting photo ops:

And some interesting photo chops:

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    I believe this explanation. I think it's funny when people have assumed that Canada is supposed to be a peaceful environment, lololol when most of the druggy population is there.
    This statement really, really bothers me, but that's another topic.

The riots weren't originally started by those involved with the hockey, a group of anarchists took advantage of the crowd already in an aggressive, angry mood because of the loss in a really close series, whose outcome was a result of the horrible play of a goalie (which would have just added to how upset people were). There have been riots in the past attributed to the anarchists in that area. This is not an isolated event blamable purely on enraged sports fans, this is a problem brought about by the follow-the-leader mentality manifested in western culture. Do your research before you blame it on the 'druggy population'.

teamhttp://www.vancouversun.com/health/Vancouver+mayor+police+chief+blame+Stanley+riot+an archists/4958411/story.html

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Article posted by OP
    Deindividuation: This happens at almost every sporting event. When you dress up in team gear, wear face paint, and so on, you lose your sense of self and become part of a greater identity. The crowd began to think with a group mind rather than an individual one.
    That's exactly the thing I find most uncomfortable and incromprehensible about sports.

Things like this are just bound to happen every now and then when a large group of people gets together for something that gets people's emotions up. I'm not so much surprised to read about a crowd losing self-control than about the police handling the affair in such a sensible and de-escalating way.

I've come to know Canadians as very friendly and polite, and my opinion hasn't changed a bit.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWLqLeRv5sw#t=1m45s

It's the same in any nation ever, the retarded actions of a few are taken as being representative of the whole.
    The first picture here makes me happy. (all pics of volunteers cleaning up the city)

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~