User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

The difference between the situation in Lybia and Iraq.

1. The reasons for invading Iraq were that British and U.S. intelligence claimed without a shred of evidence that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. As it turns out, he didn't. In Lybia the stated reasons are that Khadafi is terrorising his people who were allready in Uprising against him. Unlike the reasons for the war in Iraq, this is factual information!

2. By taking away the strong leader in Iraq the underlying tensions between the Sunni, Shi'ite and the Kurds resulted in a bloody power struggle. In Lybia there already is an alternative and widely suported authority in the form of the rebellions.

3. Following point two one can assume that the situation in Lybia will be mostly resolved after Khadafi is releaved of power. Unlike Iraq what turned out to be a years long mission for the U.S. costing them billions of dollars.

4. The UN security council actually suports the actions in Lybia, unlike Bush's invasion of Iraq which was strongly condemned by most of the world.

5. The "U.S." are not the (only) ones taking initiative in this one. The Arabic Liga are actually the ones who requested the UN security council to institute a no-fly zone and most of the (military and diplomatic) work is done by the French, British, Italian, German, Canadian, Danish, Belgian, Greece and even Turkish armies.

6. There arent any U.S. ground forces in Lybia, which means that there is less chance of U.S. lifes lost.

If you are going to compare Lybia to any situation in Iraq I would equate it to the first gulf-war rather then the second, in that this is a situation where the entire world more or less unanimously decides that immediate action should be taken to prevent direct innocent bloodshed. Although I myself would sooner compare it to the war in Yuguslavia in the mid 90s.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Bush added $5.73 trillion in 8 years.

Obama added $2.5260 trillion in his first 19 months of office. Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBTI
    INFP

Fun site to visit
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

MBTI
    GONE

I'm glad this thread is up. I'm very, very confused as to who or what the bad guy in Libya is. And I know this is crude but considering the wave Obama rode to get into office (I lived in DC and attended one of the inaugural balls where we saw Jay-Z perform and Obama speak)

- "Black on black violence!"

LAWLZ.

After he spearheaded 'geting Bin Laden' around a crucial re-election push, I've pretty much all belief/respect in him as...hm...a changemaker?

I wouldn't have voted for him anyway, I was Mrs. Clinton all the way until he won the democratic nomination.

I think people get way too caught up in superficialities.

He's not a boat rocker at all, he has been extremely concilial to all possible combatants, namely republicans, he's overly so I think because the fact he even made it into office was seen as so historically significant and 'different'. Now he has to go hard on 'terrorists' and other threats because the nutbag Tea Partiers are getting so much press time and he has to compete with all the crazy illogical immoral abuses of power Palin would thereotically commit in office so he can at least say, "See! The devil you know is MUCH better than the devil you don't know"

I'm not so much disgusted with politics as I am with the idiots who were screaming and crying over Obama like he was all 5 Beatles rolled into one.

They're all Repulbocrats as far as I'm concerned.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Bush added $5.73 trillion in 8 years.

Obama added $2.5260 trillion in his first 19 months of office. Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *Cough* failing economy *Cough*

But I'm quite sure everyone would loved to have the economy tumble down like the Great Depression with all the failing businesses that would of drop dead like Lehman Brothers. After all, it was a carry on from Bush's Era.

Then again, you never know... it might have been better if it did tumble considering how everyone was crying to save the economy and our businesses.

MBTI
    INFP

Funny though because they keep praising clinton years, but he was riding the Bubble greenspan created

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    Funny though because they keep praising clinton years, but he was riding the Bubble greenspan created
    I like to call it "the generation(s) that caused this mess."

But hey, Bush had 8 years to figure out this mess before it happened.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Bush had 8 years to figure out this mess before it happened
    They can only figure out what their advisers tell them.

Think of it this way...

You're continuously being told be three men you've known personally for 25 years, and who are at the very top of the field of economics, that real estate values are going to continue their upward climb. And that, consequently, the US economy is going to continue on a path of steady growth.

Then, after having been told that, and it being true, for 7 and a half of your 8 years in office, you realize that things had been getting increasingly unstable within the US financial system since the 1980's, and that consequently, the housing market in the US is about to undergo a massive self correction.

A self correction that people will retrospectively blame on your policies. Policies that were formulated on data and advice that said that the exact opposite of what is happening would happen.

Not to mention that no single president could have stemmed the tide of what was coming. Debt was an opiate even greater to us than oil has been.

The recovery from that addiction, even in lieu of the financial crisis, still doesn't look like it's happening. It's getting worse.

MBTI
    INFP

US might have a chance if Ron Paul is President. Hell, Ron Paul also went on a campaign for president in 1977. They would have been lucky to have him instead of Bush

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    They can only figure out what their advisers tell them.

Think of it this way...

You're continuously being told be three men you've known personally for 25 years, and who are at the very top of the field of economics, that real estate values are going to continue their upward climb. And that, consequently, the US economy is going to continue on a path of steady growth.

Then, after having been told that, and it being true, for 7 and a half of your 8 years in office, you realize that things had been getting increasingly unstable within the US financial system since the 1980's, and that consequently, the housing market in the US is about to undergo a massive self correction.

The recovery from that addiction, even in lieu of the financial crisis, still doesn't look like it's happening. It's getting worse.
    Bold: THAT is already a telltale sign to worry about the economist giving you information. They don't call it a bubble for no reason.

Underlined: I agree with you, but it is for a different reason.