User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That man was Adolf Hitler
    Let's not make general comparisons between Obama and Hitler or Bush and Hitler or anyone who didn't commit a genocide and Hitler and pretend we did, alright?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tantive View Post
    This is no mere protocol, it's the restraint so a president can't do everything he damn well pleases. A President is not a King.

You cannot, it sets precedent and/or legislation for all future military operations. They will justify any war actions(under UN rule), and congress will be powerless to stop it. These actions already overburden an economy of the US, which means it will destroy the lives and/or futures of its own citizens, not to mention the blowback effect.
    It's a dillusion to think that this is a humanitarian effort, there are other interests involved.....oil and the military industrial complex.

You could just as well have Libya rally behind Gadaffi, if civillian casualties continiu.

Intervention will always have false reasons given. The US cannot afford to go on its present course. It will mean the destruction of the dollar.
    I understand what you are saying, but I must ask

Would you break the law for humanitarian reasons? If you had to break the laws set in stone to protect someone, could you do it?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Hmmm. Identify differences between this and Iraq.

In Libya an active rebellion is being supported. In Iraq, nothing of the sort was going on.
    In Libya NATO is strongly involved. In Iraq, it was not involved at all.
    Thus far, in Libya the USA has put no soldiers on the ground (has this changed an I missed it?). Plenty of soldiers are still in Iraq.

So if there's a different reaction to the two conflicts, those are the likely source.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Hmmm. Identify differences between this and Iraq.

In Libya an active rebellion is being supported. In Iraq, nothing of the sort was going on.
    In Libya NATO is strongly involved. In Iraq, it was not involved at all.
    Thus far, in Libya the USA has put no soldiers on the ground (has this changed an I missed it?). Plenty of soldiers are still in Iraq.

So if there's a different reaction to the two conflicts, those are the likely source.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/us/politics/16powers.html
    U.S. operations do not involve sustained fighting or active exchanges of fire with hostile forces, nor do they involve U.S. ground troops.”
    There goes your answer. And yes, those are some of the examples between Libya and Iraq.

But whether it violates the War Powers Act or not is left to interpretation. After all, we aren't really at war with Libya, nor are we using force like we did with Iraq and the Middle East. If we were truly at war with Libya, don't you think we would be storming into Qaddafi's compound right about now?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but I must ask

Would you break the law for humanitarian reasons? If you had to break the laws set in stone to protect someone, could you do it?
    Under these conditions, not as the president of a country. Or I would break the law, and make myself liable for the prosecution afterwards

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm not an Obama supporter but Bush wasn't my favorite either. I really don't see Obama getting a second term, his approval rating has gone down tremendously since he first got in office. I just don't know how is justifiable that he has tripled our debt and still blames it on bush. common man! have some personal responsibility. We are now in 3 wars vs being in 2 when he first got into office.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Obama has tripled Americas debt and put you into another war ? How is that possible that you manage to put all your issues on the shoulders of one man that has been in charge for what, 2 years now ?

Thats tremendously short-sighted even for an american
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    I'm not an Obama supporter but Bush wasn't my favorite either. I really don't see Obama getting a second term, his approval rating has gone down tremendously since he first got in office. I just don't know how is justifiable that he has tripled our debt and still blames it on bush. common man! have some personal responsibility. We are now in 3 wars vs being in 2 when he first got into office.
    Obama has not tripled the debt. The debt was over $10 trillion when Obama took office. The debt is NOT $30 trillion now, it's closer to $15 trillion. So far, the debt has increased by close to 50% under Obama. That's still a lot, but far from 200%.

Under Bush, the debt increased by ~100% (in 2 terms). So far, Obama isn't much different than Bush in that respect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...S._public_debt

Obama's war is not justified. But I simply can't take Republicans who complain about it seriously since they used all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify everything Bush did. I don't think it's possible for Republicans to be any more annoying than they already are.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram
    CFV

It's like what Nixon claimed, when you're president and making these decisions there's nothing wrong with them.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    It's like what Nixon claimed, when you're president and making these decisions there's nothing wrong with them.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it