User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Somebody please explain how a tattoo can help against (or in the case of) kidnapping. I don't understand how that is supposed to work.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

'I ATE MY MOMS PLACENTA' right across the forehead.

I'd never tattoo my child. I'll give him/her the time to mature into an adult and get their very own. Sorta selfish otherwise.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Somebody please explain how a tattoo can help against (or in the case of) kidnapping. I don't understand how that is supposed to work.
    lol I wouldnt know how thats possible as well. You could maybe chip your baby like dogs or cats. Then you can locate it via GPS in case of emergency

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Would you tattoo your pet?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

No. But I chipped them. Do pets disappear for te same reason children are kidnapped and do the same ethical rules apply to pets and children?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    No. But I chipped them. Do pets disappear for te same reason children are kidnapped and do the same ethical rules apply to pets and children?
    Hm when a pet disappears it doesnt like you, when a kid disappears you are still responsible for it and cant throw a party that its finally gone. Hmhm... I wouldnt spread the word that you can chip your kid, I think there would be a huge demand

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Hm when a pet disappears it doesnt like you, ...
    I am pretty sure my last cat liked me alright. He must have been hit by a car and thrown behind some bushes because he was chipped and I did everything to find him dead or alive (notifying the neigborhood, advertise in the papers and online, notify Tasso, walk the streets of the neigborhood every night for a month, call vets here and in the neigboring towns, even call the city's traffic department and cadaver disposal center to find out if somebody scratched a flat kitty from the road ...nothing!)
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hm when a pet disappears it doesnt like you or got hit my a car, when a kid disappears you are still responsible for it and cant throw a party that its finally gone or drive drunk home after the long party accidentally hitting a cat. Hmhm... I wouldnt spread the word that you can chip your kid, I think there would be a huge demand

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I wouldn't tattoo my kid, I wouldn't pierce my kids' ears, and I sure as shit wouldn't microchip my kid.

My kid wouldn't be my property, the child would be dependent on me to thrive and survive, learn and grow, but it doesn't mean they don't have their own rights to choose those sorts of thing. I don't even like "I Love Mommy" T-shirts and such, I don't see why T-shirts like that are okay but people lose their shit if someone has their baby wearing a "Stalin ROCKS!" or "Stop killing my furry friends for food!" shirt. Same damn thing to me, it's asserting a viewpoint for the kid before the kid is even old enough to HAVE viewpoints. I just can't see any justification for tattooing, piercing, or chipping a kid.

The microchip thing is extremely nefarious to me, I'd never do it. Hard statistics show incidences of child abduction haven't wavered very much in either direction since the 60s-70s, and kids are still abducted most by parents in custody disputes. Not that I would not carry the fear of someone taking my kid, but I'm more afraid of a microchip being used for tracking and monitoring purposes by big brother than I would be afraid of the small chances my kid would be abducted. That's just how I personally feel about it.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah sure i'd tattoo my kid. I'd make sure have them tattoo something in a foreign language on it. Like something in chinese.

I was thinking 'refrigerator' or 'fart' but never tell the kid what it means. I'd then send the kid to study abroad in hong kong and watch the lols unfold.

Oh but if you wanted a serious answer: No, that's a bit too painful for a kid to sit through. It's another human's body and even if I gave birth to him/her i shouldn't tattoo anything on them. Once the child grows up he/she can make his own decisions about what to do with their body.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39