Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yeah, I've said my piece (peace? not really) and I'm bowing out. I just get very tired of having to walk on eggshells and curtail my posting in threads I actually enjoy posting in, so I don't invite the wrath.
    Well don't personally attack me and there will be no wrath. It's pretty simple.

MBTI
    STUF

What about wisdom teeth, those are removed unnecessarily all the time, and not even when i'm a baby and forget. Maybe that's why the world is perceived to have gone downhill. All the wisdom is running out. It's a reptilian dental conspiracy.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    LOL.

You've never called anyone else disgusting in your entire life? You're on big exaggeration spree today, aren't you?
    Correct. I am not exaggerating.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Enneagram

Just because circumcision is banned, it doesn't mean circumspection has to be.

Let's all just have a nice time people

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Correct. I am not exaggerating.
    Then clearly you've got some issues if you're dumping all your shit on me, and not say, Ann Coulter or some other public figure, of course in your mind I may be a public figure, and that's very flattering, but I'm not --- I'm just one of the many people who happen to disagree with your bizarre posts in this thread. It's just easier to dump your shit on Marm because she's a loud mouth. I understand. That's what I'm here for.

Anyway, you were glorifying my name compared to Salome the other day because she happened to be the person you accused of evil sexism in that thread, but today I'm the evil sexist who, in your deluded mind, thinks babies deserve genital mutilation?

You're really on one right now, and apparently aren't aware of how ridiculous you're being, and your posts aren't rational at all, but demonize Marm if it makes you feel better.

We all need a scapegoat, and I happen to be a rather fabulous, entertaining, hilarious one.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    There is no point in trying to have a reasoned discussion with you. You don't even have a coherent argument, and you've blantantly contradicted your self several times already.
    I've never stated whether I like the aesthetics, nor have I stated whether I'm for or against, and well, why is it just an issue for American children. Also fact, babies have comestic procedures done such as having ears pinned back. I also object to your stance that there is no other pain or inconvience that is equal to the pain of a circumscion. Little girls can subjected to all manner of torture in the name of beauty. It's not just "insecure women". No adult consent there.
    Again, your hyperbole irritates me. I never made a moral judgement, unlike you, I just think the issue is being given more gravity than the procedure warrants.
    I've had male friends actually opt for this procedure and wished they had it done earlier. I've never actually met a man who's regretted their foreskin being removed. I met a few men who find foreskin inconvienent though.
    1. Actually, I have contradicted myself only once (in a post where I responded to Ivy, where I said "I can't argue against that"). You must be confused by my sarcasm.
    2. Feel free to start a thread on the torture little girls are subjected to in the name of beauty. I won't participate because my opinion is irrelevant. I'm sure it's much more important than male circumcision (sarcasm).
    3. The dismissal of the negative effects of the procedure irritates me.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    What about wisdom teeth, those are removed unnecessarily all the time, and not even when i'm a baby and forget. Maybe that's why the world is perceived to have gone downhill. All the wisdom is running out. It's a reptilian dental conspiracy.
    My foreskin, it hurts! Please! Stop hurting my foreskin!

Hate

Man, I couldn't imagine being one of those kids where circumcision goes wrong.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nto_oSwnkfE&feature=related"]The Mohel[/YOUTUBE]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    1. Actually, I have contradicted myself only once (in a post where I responded to Ivy, where I said "I can't argue against that"). You must be confused by my sarcasm.
    2. Feel free to start a thread on the torture little girls are subjected to in the name of beauty. I won't participate because my opinion is irrelevant. I'm sure it's much more important than male circumcision (sarcasm).
    3. The dismissal of the negative effects of the procedure irritates me.
    Now you are just being rude.
    Don't expect anyone to take you seriously if you dismiss the negative effects of other examples, because your issue is so much more important TO YOU. How dare medical proffessionals touch a little boy's magic stick. It must remain untouched until adulthood or it's power and male virtue will disappate.
    You've contradicted your self a few times, up to and including accusing people of the very behavior you display. Projection much?
    I diagnose you with a case of tunnel vision, and will no longer engage in an increasingly futile conversation on a topic I haven't made my mind up about. I just took exception to your comparisons that were out of proportion with your cause.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Now you are just being rude.
    Don't expect anyone to take you seriously if you dismiss the negative effects of other examples, because your issue is so much more important TO YOU. How dare medical proffessionals touch a little boy's magic stick. It must remain untouched until adulthood or it's power and male virtue will disappate.
    You've contradicted your self a few times, up to and including accusing people of the very behavior you display. Projection much?
    I diagnose you with a case of tunnel vision, and will no longer engage in an increasingly futile conversation on a topic I haven't made my mind up about. I just took exception to your comparisons that were out of proportion with your cause.
    Would it have been less "rude" if I used some smiley face emoticons?

I haven't dismissed the negative effects of "other examples". I have pointed out the false equivalences. Feel free to start another thread about the issues that affect females. The reason I said I won't participate is because I'm not female, so I have no idea how those issues affect females. Therefore, my opinion is irrelevant, so I defer to your (plural) judgment. However, I expect the same courtesy.