User Tag List

First 5455354555657 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Ear piercing is permenant. There is scarring.
    No, not flippant. Just seeing the issue in proportion to the personal and social consequences. I know guys who actually prefer to have a circumscion (having had it done later in life.)
    And sorry, male genital mutilation? Drama queen much? Women are flippant for a reason, having to endure a barrage of comestic procedures, just to be considered attractive. That's without going into the murky areas of cosmetic surgery, oh and female circumscion.
    Dispense with the hysterical hyperbole, and I might actually take you seriously. It's a procedure that actually might have a social benefit, and as far as I know, very little personal inconvenience to the child involved.
    Comparing it to abortion, or female circumscion doesn't help the the cause. It boarders on slightly ridiculous then.
    Or just don't have the procedure done on your kids.
    Circumcision is genital mutilation.
    What in the hell does cosmetic surgery performed on adults have to do with this? Are you saying that since some women have insecurity issues that mutilating baby male penises to your aesthetic preference is "fair"? Or do American male infants deserve to be mutilated because some female infants are mutilated in another culture on the other side of the planet?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    If there isn't visible serious physical or mental harm, I'm really unmoved. You can't even say to me what that might be. Right there is an indication to me that your argument is melodrama. Like First World Problems - White Whine.

Actually you did bring up piercings, and you are wrong, piercings are permanent, I don't know what planet you live on, but I still have the ear hole piercings I had as a small child, two more than I put in as a fourteen year old, and also a hole in my right nostril that I put there as an 18 year old.

I also don't know what planet you live on where you think the effects of braces aren't permanent - I've actually had permanently altered aesthetic appearance to my teeth because of wearing braces (which is awesome!) as well as having to have a root canal because of the impact of braces on one of my teeth (I still don't hold it against my grandparents in the slightest, and are thankful to them for paying for my braces). I also have some scars in the back of mouth from wearing linguals.

You are just full of misinformation and melodrama! In fact, I would say that piercing is more comparable to circumcision than braces, because braces, although they can cause permanent scarring like circumcision, actually cause MORE LONG TERM PAIN than circumcision.

And again, the function of braces is almost entirely aesthetic. But you're okay with that, huh? Because we're not talking about YOUR DICK!!!1111

They don't have to. They can elect not to sleep with you.

Oh then your opinion on the piercing of girls' ears is irrelevant, so you really should shut up about it, by your own logic.

Whoo hoo!
    1. CrystalViolet brought up piercings. Not me. You are simply wrong.
    2. Braces can be removed. Their use does not involve the severing of any body parts.
    3. All humans have ears. You should really brush up on your understanding of anatomy.
    4. So much anger. How dare a male not allow himself to be bullied by a woman into thinking he should mutilate his body to fit your preference! Women feel pressure to alter their bodies so men should feel pressure too, it's only fair! So you support the mutilation of male infants. You're a disgusting human being.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Circumcision is permanent.
    http://www.restoringforeskin.org/

The joy of joys.

MBTI
    STUF

Now I feel bad because I'm circumsized. Is there an outreach group I can contact?
    Whoops.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    1. CrystalViolet brought up piercings. Not me. You are simply wrong.
    2. Braces can be removed. Their use does not involve the severing of any body parts.
    3. All humans have ears. You should really brush up on your understanding of anatomy.
    4. So much anger. How dare a male not allow himself to be bullied by a woman into thinking he should mutilate his body to fit your preference! Women feel pressure to alter their bodies so men should feel pressure too, it's only fair! So you support the mutilation of male infants. You're a disgusting human being.
    Hmm, are we in our ISFP shadow today? Bullying you into thinking you should mutilate your body? I'm sorry? Aren't you married? Do I even know you? Why would I care about *your* peen? I never argued that all men should be circumcised. And I'm a disgusting person?

HAHAHAHAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Now I feel bad because I'm circumsized. Is there an outreach group I can contact?
    Circumcised Anonymous?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Yeah I'm sure you didn't realize you were traumatized until The Bay Citizen told you that you were.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

I don't agree with circumcision, as it violates the bodily autonomy of the child.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    STUF

We can't breath the air, we can't drink the water, our food is poison, people are being murdered using our money. Our country is being driven into the dirt by money-blind politicians.

Better protest circumcision instead, it's not like you can change any of the important stuff.

Like a said before, Children don't choose to be born either, does that mean we should stop having kids?

By the reasoning everyone in this thread uses, all children should be killed or everyone should be sterilized.

Shit happens, and circumcision is literally the dumbest thing possible to be an activist about. Someone being an activist about the change in aerosol spray cheese recipe is more reasonable.
    Whoops.