User Tag List

First 3435152535455 Last

Results 521 to 530 of 602

  1. #521
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    look, we all know that uncircumcised shmocks are gross, but we also know that we should never tell people that their body is gross because they will be offended...
    how do you know this?

  2. #522
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    1. I think ear piercing little girls is child abuse.
    2. Ear piercing is not permanent.
    3. It annoys me how flippant women are about male genital mutilation.
    Well I don't think ear piercing is abuse, I'm really glad I have pierced ears, and got a second hole in my ears in my teens.

    If someone had surgically removed my hymen before I was too old to remember, I wouldn't feel like my dignity had been stripped me, I would just have been spared a certain kind of pain upon the first time I had sexual intercourse.

    I'm sorry, but that's how I see foreskin removal in little boys...it's like something that makes their genitals easier to keep clean, it keeps STI contagion down, and makes oral sex more palatable, quite frankly.

    There are males who are flippant about circumcision as well, it's not just women, because they're perfectly fine sexually functioning males with attractive penises and don't even remember being circumcised.

    I almost feel like projecting "dignity" and things of that nature on a baby, is kind of like imagining animals can talk.

  3. #523
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    If I ever decide to have a child, and if that child turns out to be male, will I circumcise him? Absolutely not.

    Do I think that circumcision should be referred to as genital mutilation? In a literal sense, yes. However, because of the connotations associated with that phrasing, I think it is inappropriate and inflammatory. ****EDIT: Actually, no, genital mutilation is absolutely inappropriate, even in when taken literally.

    mutilate: inflict a violent and disfiguring injury on (really??? that's what they're doing? lol sure.)

    I am a circumcised man, and I live a happy life with no sexual dysfunction or genital issues. I'm not sure why people like @FDG are so emotionally charged about this issue. Did a someone you love die of circumcision related complications? Did a girl reject you because she didn't like uncut men? I'm baffled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #524
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    how do you know this?
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQo05WkHyc&feature=related"]porn[/YOUTUBE]

    ...yes, i 1uped the gayness of the answer you expected, you welcome....

  5. #525
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Well I don't think ear piercing is abuse, I'm really glad I have pierced ears, and got a second hole in my ears in my teens.

    If someone had surgically removed my hymen before I was too old to remember, I wouldn't feel like my dignity had been stripped me, I would just have been spared a certain kind of pain upon the first time I had sexual intercourse.

    I'm sorry, but that's how I see foreskin removal in little boys...it's like something that makes their genitals easier to keep clean, it keeps STI contagion down, and makes oral sex more palatable, quite frankly.

    There are males who are flippant about circumcision as well, it's not just women, because they're perfectly fine sexually functioning males with attractive penises and don't even remember being circumcised.

    I almost feel like projecting "dignity" and things of that nature on a baby, is kind of like imagining animals can talk.
    Poking holes in children is abuse, unless it serves a medical purpose (like vaccination).

    I'm not concerned with "dignity".

    Feel free to talk about hymen removal, and the billions of women who have experienced this, with other women all you want. You won't hear me giving my opinion on the matter because it's not my business because I'm not female.

    Males are allowed to be flippant about circumcision because they have penises (at least the ones who haven't had theirs chopped off by a woman, yet).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  6. #526
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's how I see foreskin removal in little boys...it's like something that makes their genitals easier to keep clean, it keeps STI contagion down, and makes oral sex more palatable, quite frankly.
    Excuse me for my wording, but how hard is it to flip that switch, clean it, and flip it back?

  7. #527
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Poking holes in children is abuse, unless it serves a medical purpose (like vaccination).

    I'm not concerned with "dignity".

    Feel free to talk about hymen removal, and the hundreds of millions of women who have experienced this, with other women all you want. You won't hear me giving my opinion on the matter because it's not my business because I'm not female.

    Males are allowed to be flippant about circumcision because they have penises (at least the ones who haven't had theirs chopped off by a woman, yet).
    Okay look I am saying that poking holes in children is NOT abuse, if it's a minor pain that leads to something that is culturally acceptable and aesthetically pleasing that doesn't do any kind of long term damage.

    Likewise, male circumcision doesn't do any long term damage, you still experience sexual pleasure and orgasm, the purpose of the circumcision isn't clitoral removal so that you won't enjoy sex and won't cheat on your spouse, okay?

    To say that men are only allowed to be flippant about circumcision because they are men is a bogus argument. If there are men flippant about it, it's because it hasn't hindered their life in any way, and in fact, they'd wish the same thing for their own son.

    I'm flippant about piercing little girls ears for the same reason, and if hymens were to start being removed surgically in my cultural, I would not give a shit.

    Even if your (lame) argument is that only men are allowed to be flippant about circumcision, there are still fathers - non Jewish fathers - who want to circumcise their sons, and that should be their decision, not the state's.

  8. #528
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Okay look I am saying that poking holes in children is NOT abuse, if it's a minor pain that leads to something that is culturally acceptable and aesthetically pleasing that doesn't do any kind of long term damage.

    Likewise, male circumcision doesn't do any long term damage, you still experience sexual pleasure and orgasm, the purpose of the circumcision isn't clitoral removal so that you won't enjoy sex and won't cheat on your spouse, okay?

    To say that men are only allowed to be flippant about circumcision because they are men is a bogus argument. If there are men flippant about it, it's because it hasn't hindered their life in any way, and in fact, they'd wish the same thing for their own son.

    I'm flippant about piercing little girls ears for the same reason, and if hymens were to start being removed surgically in my cultural, I would not give a shit.

    Even if your (lame) argument is that only men are allowed to be flippant about circumcision, there are still fathers - non Jewish fathers - who want to circumcise their sons, and that should be their decision, not the state's.
    I disagree with you on the abuse, but I know I won't be able to convince you on that because you're flippant about many things.

    I haven't argued in favor of any state ban. The only value judgment I've actually made is that women should have no voice in the matter.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  9. #529
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    That is insane. I'm sorry, but it is. I would like to see any man try to take my days-old baby from me and strap it to a board and cut any part of its body off. I ABSOLUTELY will fight to have a voice in the matter of my child's bodily integrity, regardless of the child's gender.

  10. #530
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If I ever decide to have a child, and if that child turns out to be male, will I circumcise him? Absolutely not.

    Do I think that circumcision should be referred to as genital mutilation? In a literal sense, yes. However, because of the connotations associated with that phrasing, I think it is inappropriate and inflammatory. ****EDIT: Actually, no, genital mutilation is absolutely inappropriate, even in when taken literally.

    mutilate: inflict a violent and disfiguring injury on (really??? that's what they're doing? lol sure.)

    I am a circumcised man, and I live a happy life with no sexual dysfunction or genital issues. I'm not sure why people like @FDG are so emotionally charged about this issue. Did a someone you love die of circumcision related complications? Did a girl reject you because she didn't like uncut men? I'm baffled.
    Inflammatory? Yes. Mutilation? Yes

    It is mutilation because you are causing bodily injury to the infant. It is violent because the child can't choose. It is a disfiguring injury because you are removing something very much a part of the boy with no say whatsoever.

    You may not remember a single thing, but it has happened.

Similar Threads

  1. AP source: Fed's gun used in San Francisco pier slaying
    By Lowkey in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 10:37 PM
  2. Seattle or San Francisco
    By swordpath in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 07:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO