User Tag List

First 34424344454654 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I hated this a year ago and I still hate it now.
    I say that a boy's body is his alone, let him do what he wants with it when he grows up, and I still stand by it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Are there any forms of mutilation that can be performed on females that can be justified by saying it reduces the likelihood of STD transmission? Or is it only males who get this "privilege"?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I hated this a year ago and I still hate it now.
    Same.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Also if I would get a penny for every time I have heard the "We must remember the past to avoid repeating it" quote (especially while having history lessons in German high school) I would be a rich woman, don't use that phrase on a German of my generation because we have heard it so many times that all you will get is an eye roll.
    It particularly tickles me when Americans use it to lecture Germans.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't see why male circumsicion is such a social problem that it needs to be banned in Germany. Honestly, how many males out there in the would care that they were circumcised? Was there really such a collective hatred and regret among circumcised men that they truly desired such legislation, or was this result of a group of people deciding social matters according to some political ideology?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I don't see why male circumsicion is such a social problem that it needs to be banned in Germany. Honestly, how many males out there in the would care that they were circumcised? Was there really such a collective hatred and regret among circumcised men that they truly desired such legislation, or was this result of a group of people deciding social matters according to some political ideology?
    I think there are a few types of people who believe this is a top tier cause: People who don't like to see babies cry (instinct). Men who have foreskins and can't imagine not having them. Men who don't have foreskins and hate their parents for other reasons. Oh, and people who can't make sense of alternative traditions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I think there are a few types of people who believe this is a top tier cause: People who don't like to see babies cry (instinct). Men who have foreskins and can't imagine not having them. Men who don't have foreskins and hate their parents for other reasons. Oh, and people who can't make sense of alternative traditions.
    What about the people who believe mutilation should only be performed with consent?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What about the people who believe mutilation should only be performed with consent?
    Yup. Hacking off a baby's foreskin is an affront to its dignity, manifest in its security of person.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yup. Hacking off a baby's foreskin is an affront to its dignity, manifest in its security of person.

Oh come on.

I mean, you can say "it hurts the baby" or "a man should decide when he's older" but NO, babies don't have SOCIAL DIGNITY...their mothers change their fucking diapers, and if it really took away the security of males, we'd have a lot more insecure men walking around.

Fine, make an argument against it, but don't use absurd, pretentious non-sense to do so, law student.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Oh come on.

I mean, you can say "it hurts the baby" or "a man should decide when he's older" but NO, babies don't have SOCIAL DIGNITY...their mothers change their fucking diapers, and if it really took away the security of males, we'd have a lot more insecure men walking around.

Fine, make an argument against it, but don't use absurd, pretentious non-sense to do so, law student.
    It's not social, it's Kantian. Feel free to disagree.