User Tag List

First 32404142434452 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yes. I am looking forward to the outrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    About time someone got it right.
    +1
    Dirt Farmer

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    German court rules religious circumcision on boys an assault
    The Germans have the right to make their own decisions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I want to shake hands with that judge, really.

Circumcision is barbaric and idiotic. It baffles me that so many americans are still completely brainwashed about it (yes I know I flamed about it on this very website...still can't help it).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is a bad move. Parents have control over more important things than their children's foreskins. Personally, I dont' see any reason for this procedure, I didn't get this done for my son. But, this is not worth alienating a very important part of the population. This would set a bad precident about government involvment in private life and shows a very myopic, heavy handed point of view.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The Germans have the right to make their own decisions.
    Thats what the Nazis thought.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned

There's a saying where I come from..
    If your man is whole, then you aren't.

(It works both ways, manwise and womanwise)

Permabanned

I support circumcision as I experienced it. As a cultural practice, I think it's important.

The ways others do it, I agree, it seems pointless (no pun intended), but in the way it happened to me, I'm very much in support of that.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    But, this is not worth alienating a very important part of the population. This would set a bad precedent about government involvement in private life and shows a very myopic, heavy handed point of view.
    +100

Change has to start somewhere. It is highly regrettable that the German government's awful history during WWII will still overshadow this as a positive change for infant boys.

I for one, am a proponent of children's rights. US courts have already set the legal precedent that children cannot be martyred for their parent's religious causes. (I forget the name of the case where the parents were charged for not seeking medical treatment for their son's fatal condition due to their faith.)

I believe this is a move in the same direction and hope it will enourage Americans to question the validity of an elective, irrevocable surgical procedure at birth just because "that's what we're used to doing."
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@iwakar I'm imagining a world in which people are legislated by law to make all the right choices for their children. The next question is, who decides what is right? Honestly, speaking as a man.. the whole foreskin thing isn't a big deal, it's a loosing battle on SF's side, a waste of energy and will have not so great consequences even if it could make it into law, and other things need more attention.

People like to affect change, but don't always choose the correct methods. This is like fixing a hang nail with a sledgehammer. Maybe it's best to leave the hangnail there.