User Tag List

First 27353637383947 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Circumcision, is genital mutilation. When it is performed on someone who is not old enough to give meaningful consent, it is also sexual abuse. I support protecting children from having their bodies sexually violated in a way that will permanently affect their ability to experience sexual pleasure. This applies to both males and females.

Circumcision Removes the Most Sensitive Parts of the Penis
    A sensitivity study of the adult penis in circumcised and uncircumcised men shows that the uncircumcised penis is significantly more sensitive. The most sensitive location on the circumcised penis is the circumcision scar on the ventral surface. Five locations on the uncircumcised penis that are routinely removed at circumcision are significantly more sensitive than the most sensitive location on the circumcised penis.
    In addition, the glans (head) of the circumcised penis is less sensitive to fine touch than the glans of the uncircumcised penis. The tip of the foreskin is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis, and it is significantly more sensitive than the most sensitive area of the circumcised penis. Circumcision removes the most sensitive parts of the penis.
    This study presents the first extensive testing of fine touch pressure thresholds of the adult penis. The monofiliment testing instruments are calibrated and have been used to test female genital sensitivity.
    --Sorrells, M. et al., “Fine-Touch Pressure Thresholds in the Adult Penis,” BJU International 99 (2007): 864-869.
    It should be an individual's personal choice. A parent has no right to cut off a child's body parts except in medical emergencies, because the child's body is not the parents' property.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Circumcision, is genital mutilation. When it is performed on someone who is not old enough to give meaningful consent, it is also sexual abuse. I support protecting children from having their bodies sexually violated in a way that will permanently affect their ability to experience sexual pleasure. This applies to both males and females.
    Weird, I just wrote something about this. Good post. I do still think that people are allowed to do as they wish when they are old enough. I mean, they are free to choose what they will but infants should have that choice, too when it comes to this. Their parents should decide to leave it the fuck alone and let their offspring choose as they grow up. This is against their will, if that makes sense?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I see hyperbole is still in fashion.

A parent has no right to cut off a child's body parts except in medical emergencies, because the child's body is not the parents' property.
    Cry me a river. :rolli:

Who are you,and more to the point who is anyone to tell parents how to go about raising and caring for their children.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    Indeed. These things can have psychological effects, lol. I can't help but laugh talking about this subject. I get goofy and embarrassed, I wonder if this is an Nf thing.

Anyway. Your situation sounds very confusing and uncertain so I can't blame you if you feel terrified from it.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Why are you posting a picture of a troll face?

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

Who are you,and more to the point who is anyone to tell parents how to go about raising and caring for their children.
    I would say that Snail is someone who cares about the well being of children and agrees to the idea that freedom also applies to children, not just adults, even if children seem helpless and weak.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

freedom also applies to children, not just adults, even if children seem helpless and weak.
    Freedom can only be used by those with sufficient mental capacity to wield it.

Should we let down the baby gate, or let the baby crawl around the pool sans supervision?

No, of course not. In this instance the parent (who is almost always legally presumed to have the best interest of the child in mind) is making a choice for the infant that it could not manage on its own.

Calling it mutilation and sexual abuse is akin to taking someone to court for attempted murder for bumping into you accidentally in the elevator.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

The aesthetic reason doesn't make any sense, it's essentially cosmetic surgery for infants, which is crazy!

This topic is always illuminating, highlights an interesting cultural difference between the US and most of the rest of the west and how culture can shape our opinions.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post

mu·ti·late (mytl-t)
    tr.v. mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing, mu·ti·lates
    1. To deprive of a limb or an essential part; cripple.
    2. To disfigure by damaging irreparably: mutilate a statue. See Synonyms at batter1.
    3. To make imperfect by excising or altering parts.

a·buse (-byz)
    tr.v. a·bused, a·bus·ing, a·bus·es
    1. To use wrongly or improperly; misuse: abuse alcohol; abuse a privilege.
    2. To hurt or injure by maltreatment; ill-use.
    3. To force sexual activity on; rape or molest.
    4. To assail with contemptuous, coarse, or insulting words; revile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_rights
    Scholarly study generally focuses children's rights by identifying individual rights. The following rights "allow children to grow up healthy and free":[21]
    Freedom of speech
    Freedom of thought
    Freedom from fear
    Freedom of choice and the right to make decisions
    Ownership over one's body

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    Why are you posting a picture of a troll face?
    You're fantastic.