User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    You don't see anything wrong with the implication that every boy is born imperfect? Where are the feminists when I need them?! Arr! :steam:
    You're dealing with people who believe in original sin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rwioe1SGkQ
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Actually, a lot of females(including myself) find the uncircumcised penis to be more aesthetically pleasing than it's opposite

(although really, there isn't much of a difference)
    Why does everyone react like I said "All". I said a lot, as I'm sure, you're right, there are also a lot of females that prefer the opposite. It depends where you are, and which is dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    On average, I think, the circumcized penis looks more aesthetically pleasing than the unmutilated. That is about the only advantage of circumcision I would take into account if I had to make the decision for a hypothetical child with not medical indication.
    Still.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

When I was a boy, I went to the pool, and saw an uncircumcizes kid changing. I had no idea what circumcision was, so I thought he had the head of his penis chopped off in an accident!

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Actually, a lot of females(including myself) find the uncircumcised penis to be more aesthetically pleasing than it's opposite

(although really, there isn't much of a difference)
    Lol, not to sound gross but I disagree with this because of one reason; Smegma. Women and men have this but men with uncircumcised have it more, which is usually disgusting, even if the guy washed often. It's also easier for a male to catch Stds that way.
    I dated someone who wasn't circumcised and it was highly grody and made me want to vomit often. -Shivers- not much can make me lose my appetite.

Smegma makes me lose my appetite quickly. Bluh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    If your child was born with an abnormal orifice inbetween his eyes that heaved, smelling the parents' own fear and waking nightmares, would you have it removed? This would give the child an edge in life, somehow. It's basically a vestigial feature with perks and drawbacks, like male nipples.
    There are some people with orifices for brains but that's an entirely different topic!

To respond seriously, yes, I would have the brain orifice removed for perceived alienation and more importantly health concerns like infection, etc.

As far as circumcision is concerned, beyond Middle Eastern and African nations and clumps within the U.S., the majority are opting against circumcision so any child being circumcised will be part of the abnormal.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But it makes the penis sooooooo aestethically pleasing!!112121
    When it matters the most, they look and react the same.

Once again, this is a parental decision. But I do agree that any form of funding should come out of the pocketbook of the parents, same as any other cosmetic surgery.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Why does everyone react like I said "All". I said a lot, as I'm sure, you're right, there are also a lot of females that prefer the opposite. It depends where you are, and which is dominant.
    Didn't mean to imply you did. Just turning the statement around. I think both statements are accurate, considering the different popularity levels of circumcision globally.

Quote Originally Posted by Meek View Post
    Lol, not to sound gross but I disagree with this because of one reason; Smegma. Women and men have this but men with uncircumcised have it more, which is usually disgusting, even if the guy washed often. It's also easier for a male to catch Stds that way.
    I dated someone who wasn't circumcised and it was highly grody and made me want to vomit often. -Shivers- not much can make me lose my appetite.

Smegma makes me lose my appetite quickly. Bluh.
    I have to say that I've never encountered this, but I guess I have ended up with guys who wash themselves. Or something.

The STD thing is not accurate as far as I know, other than slightly reducing the risk of vagina-to-penis hiv transmission which is already quite rare - especially rare in populations with a low HIV incidence to begin with and double-especially with protected sex.

edit: also, wikipedia tells me that:
    A meta-analysis of data from fifteen observational studies of men who have sex with men found "insufficient evidence that male circumcision protects against HIV infection or other STIs."[18]

Some earlier reports had expressed the position that circumcision has little to no effect on HIV transmission among heterosexual couples.[19][20][21] Furthermore, some have challenged the validity of the African randomized controlled trials, prompting a number of researchers to question the effectiveness of circumcision as an HIV prevention strategy.[22][23]
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Didn't mean to imply you did. Just turning the statement around. I think both statements are accurate, considering the different popularity levels of circumcision globally.

I have to say that I've never encountered this, but I guess I have ended up with guys who wash themselves. Or something.

The STD thing is not accurate as far as I know, other than slightly reducing the risk of vagina-to-penis hiv transmission which is already quite rare - especially rare in populations with a low HIV incidence to begin with and double-especially with protected sex.

edit: also, wikipedia tells me that:

Men who have not been cut do have a higher risk of the infections etc, only when they don't wash enough.
    A lot of nasty crap gets stuck between the folds. Be glad you've never experienced it.
    It also didn't help that the guy I unfortunately fell in love with was a huge whore. -__-

Therefor, I suppose I had a horrible experience with an uncut person and vowed never
    to date another one again. He was puerto rican.

Men who have not been cut do have a higher risk of the infections etc, only when they don't wash enough.
    A lot of nasty crap gets stuck between the folds. Be glad you've never experienced it.
    It also didn't help that the guy I unfortunately fell in love with was a huge whore. -__-

Therefor, I suppose I had a horrible experience with an uncut person and vowed never
    Wouldn't this be similar to a guy refusing to have sex with women since his last sexual encounter was with one who had a yeast infection?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

IME, there's such a small difference I didn't even notice the first time I encountered one. Seriously.

Sucks that you had a bad experience, but I don't think that's representative. (then again, I don't really expect sterility of any body part, so perhaps expectations are part of it)
    -end of thread-