Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    He didn't really do it in a detached way, IMO. But anyway, this being a typology forum, speculation about people's type/function order/whatever is not really frowned upon. Trolling is, and it can be used to troll, but I don't think Marmie is trolling.
    I agree that Sim's methods were often not very nice, but after I read his articles on Personality Cafe and Personality Nation I just can't deny the depth of his knowledge and how he's helped me to understand Jung better.

I think he's grown out of the trollier methods that he earlier applied, too, to a degree.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

re anesthesia

In US hospitals they swab a numbing cream on to dull the surface skin before they give an injection of a more potent numbing agent.

This reminds me of dogs that get their tails or ears clipped. I always thought that was unnecessary and cruel.

/OT

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It's harmless, makes men more aesthetically pleasing, and causes no memorable pain to the infant in question.

Go back and read MAE's earlier posts if you want a good view of the female side of the argument.

Circumcision isn't analogous to any of the things mentioned because it still has marginal utility through hygiene and diminished smell, make the men more palatable to females.

You have failed on all counts of establishing that circumcision is harmful. And I just think that you regret having been circumcised so that you can't throw yourself in the same boat as all the other super progressives.

I'm done. *storms out*
    Circumcision sounds like the thing to do then. Oh and on your way outta here, please don't harm the poor horsey. Thx! :redface:

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    At the risk of being repetitive... it can, if the circumcision is botched. It happens more often than people like to think.
    I had addressed that point, it was one of my less turdish posts in here, ty. It's not a guarantee, like tattooing a baby red would guarantee problems. It's no more damaging than other procedures.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Things I've learned from this thread...

urine is sterile. NO ITS NOT! yes it is... NOOO... YESS you can drink piss

Not spanking your kids makes you a INFP

San Fran liberals are just as bad as as conservatives.

Breast feeding is better for infants

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

TypologyCentral: An encyclopedia of the bizarre

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It's harmless, makes men more aesthetically pleasing, and causes no memorable pain to the infant in question.
    1: We've already established that circumcision can be harmful.

2: Didn't neck hoops supposedly make the women that wore them more aesthetically pleasing? Aesthetically pleasing is fairly subjective, and the idea that a circumcised penis is attractive is most likely subject to change. In fact, if everyone stopped doing it, it would probably stop being attractive really fast. This argument is self-perpetuating and, again, would be applicable to neck hoops and all that other stuff.

3: Memorable pain depends on what happens with that procedure. And hey, in the future, consider all the abrasion.

Go back and read MAE's earlier posts if you want a good view of the female side of the argument.
    I've been reading.

Circumcision isn't analogous to any of the things mentioned because it still has marginal utility through hygiene and diminished smell, make the men more palatable to females.
    It's already been noted that the hygiene thing is negligible. The thing about being more palatable to females is arbitrary and subject to change as I mentioned above.

You have failed on all counts of establishing that circumcision is harmful. And I just think that you regret having been circumcised so that you can't throw yourself in the same boat as all the other super progressives.
    Oh, so you want to make it personal again? Make up your mind.

Anyhow, I don't even know what to do with that statement. It's not at all accurate and I'm not sure how you even came up with it, and it wouldn't be relevant besides.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Things I've learned from this thread...

urine is sterile. NO ITS NOT! yes it is... NOOO... YESS you can drink piss

Not spanking your kids makes you a INFP

San Fran liberals are just as bad as as conservatives.

Breast feeding is better for infants
    Don't forget how male circumcision is exactly as bad crushing women's feet and tatooing your baby entirely red.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I had addressed that point, it was one of my less turdish posts in here, ty. It's not a guarantee, like tattooing a baby red would guarantee problems. It's no more damaging than other procedures.
    LOL. No, it's not a guarantee. Why take the risk, though, when the evidence in favor of routine circumcision is so sketchy that none of the major medical organizations recommend it? Other procedures typically have much more concrete reasons for being performed.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Don't forget how male circumcision is exactly as bad crushing women's feet and tatooing your baby entirely red.
    Well, I never said that. I was making points about things like female circumcision to isolate certain arguments of the opposition and show they did not hold. I was not attempting to draw a complete equivalence.
    Go to sleep, iguana.