User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He didn't really do it in a detached way, IMO. But anyway, this being a typology forum, speculation about people's type/function order/whatever is not really frowned upon. Trolling is, and it can be used to troll, but I don't think Marmie is trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's very freeing when you start seeing functions as objective things...
    MBTI is not the slightest bit objective, it is entirely subjective, just like astrology.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    You use them only when trying to undermine people. There is a pattern. Use your Ne, you'll see it. (<-- SEE, SEE!?)
    That isn't true, I'm constantly telling people they seem Fe or Fi, or I see Si in them instead of Se.

It's just with you in particular, your Fi is funny to me, because you say lame things like you'll tattoo a baby red just to prove me wrong. I mean give me a break, grow the hell up.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I basically repeat the above.

Agreeing to disagree seems strange in this circumstance, since this appears to be a voluntary public debate.
    Fine. If you want a knock down drag out, eye gouging scrap then so be it.

Yea humans can get accustomed to some fucked up shit, and this isn't a case of that.

Circumcision was originally useful, unlike scarification, neck hoops, or whatever other shit arguments you've got lined up.

It's harmless, makes men more aesthetically pleasing, and causes no memorable pain to the infant in question.

Go back and read MAE's earlier posts if you want a good view of the female side of the argument.

Circumcision isn't analogous to any of the things mentioned because it still has marginal utility through hygiene and diminished smell, make the men more palatable to females.

You have failed on all counts of establishing that circumcision is harmful. And I just think that you regret having been circumcised so that you can't throw yourself in the same boat as all the other super progressives.

I'm done. *storms out*

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

It's just with you in particular, your Fi is funny to me, because you say lame things like you'll tattoo a baby red just to prove me wrong. I mean give me a break, grow the hell up.
    A red baby would be fully functional. That's what I was saying.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I mean, is there really no way to numb the baby at all when clipped? Even slightly? Maybe they could make anesthesia requirements, or at least use numbing cream if they don't already. Not that it'd do anything.

NOT trolling, this is a serious question. Because otherwise, what would all the hubbub be about? It'd be like getting a haircut or trimming nails (that don't grow back).
    In US hospitals they numb it sort of like how you get numbed before you get dental work done.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    A red baby would be fully functional. That's what I was saying.
    But no, it wouldn't, as Mr.Cockburn has already so helpfully pointed out, the ink toxicity could cause health issues, and it could ruin the child's life socially.

As far as I know, male circumcision isn't going to ruin anyone's life socially, sexually, or give them ink poisoning.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Well, how about I paint it's penis red?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Re: anesthesia

The religious ceremony is usually performed without anesthesia in someone's home. Sometimes they give the baby a rag dipped in wine. I've never personally found wine to be effective for dulling the pain of being cut, but maybe it's different for babies.

They can give babies anesthetic, and I think they should. But I think the creams are pretty useless... I've used them myself for some mole removals (not even for the removal- for the injection of the local anesthetic, which stings like a motherfucker itself), and I couldn't tell the difference between the stinging with or without the cream. Dorsal block is supposed to be better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

But no, it wouldn't, as Mr.Cockburn has already so helpfully pointed out, the ink toxicity could cause health issues, and it could ruin the child's life socially.

As far as I know, male circumcision isn't going to ruin anyone's life socially, sexually, or give them ink poisoning.
    At the risk of being repetitive... it can, if the circumcision is botched. It happens more often than people like to think.