First 891011122060 Last

MBTI
    FREE

I hate this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I hate this topic.
    I understand being reminded of your loss all the time is painful. I am here for you if you need any kind of comforting.. any kind.

MBTI
    FREE

It is... whenever this comes up, I am made to feel as if I were horribly mutilated and abused as a child, and that I should feel ashamed that I'm circumcised. Some people who are uncut get very defensive and downright aggressive when it comes to the topic. I understand the motivation: customarily they face illogical prejudice against their foreskins. My girlfriend is a prime example of someone who detests foreskins, without really having ever dated someone with one (she had a one time experience in high school). It is unfortunate, and I understand the emotion, but I still get a bit irked when I'm insulted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Look, it's a very strange thing to do to a kid if there's really no health benefit. But innumerable boys have had it done and turned out just fine. I'm okay with the practice going away, but why feel so strongly about it?

MBTI
    STP

Circumcision is a male privilege, I don't know why they'd want to ban it. I can't imagine the horror of growing up with a foreskin then paying for a surgical procedure to have it cut off. Ouch.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    Circumcision is a male privilege, I don't know why they'd want to ban it. I can't imagine the horror of growing up with a foreskin then paying for a surgical procedure to have it cut off. Ouch.
    That's the point, though. Why would you opt to get it cut off in the first place if you had it? And it's possible to get rid of it later, but impossible to grow it back.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    That's the point, though. Why would you opt to get it cut off in the first place if you had it? And it's possible to get rid of it later, but impossible to grow it back.
    I'd wish they had cut it off when I was a baby... if I still had it, then I'd be in a conundrum, having to decide to pay the surgical fees and endure the painkillers... it would be a different matter then. I can't say whether I'd have it done at that point.

I recollect a childhood friend of mine who didn't get snipped as a baby... when he found out it could be done at 7, he insisted he have it and was teased quite a bit because he had to walk around with his junk in a bandage for a few weeks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    And I don't want to chase a toddler boy around saying CLEAN YOUR PENIS! NO SMEGMA! lol...
    Hmm... toddler with smegma? There is nothing coming out of their hoses except urine, and it is sterile, so there is no need to do cleanup there. And if you did, you'd soon notice that's not something you're meant to do.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

State dont need to be meddlin' in religion.