User Tag List

View Poll Results: Public Poll: If you saw this vision, would you have called the police?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Even if it is wrong, what if it had been right?! Better safe than sorry!

2 11.76%
  • I'd hesitate, but call. I'd regret it if I was wrong.

1 5.88%
  • I'm not at all sure what I'd do.

3 17.65%
  • No way. They're dead anyways, and I don't want to be linked to that. Too much.

3 17.65%
  • Psychics are just IRL trolls.

8 47.06%
First 12

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

My gut feeling (LOL)is, the psychic wouldn't have gone ahead if something wasn't tweaking. I mean seriously, read the article again....the truck driver had his daughter's partner attempt suicide a couple of weeks before. Plus, the police had sufficient suspicions to search the property. Which means some thing was off about the whole situation. Seriously, police don't act on stuff like that, unless they had some reason to suspect some thing was hinky before hand. This isn't what it seems. I'm mean, as much as I'm wary of the police, they wouldn't act on just a psychic's tip. The suspicion resonated, and resonated big time.
    The reporters showed extremely poor judgment though.
    Haven't you guys ever got the feeling that some one's not right? And I don't mean weird, I mean, the little buzzy feeling that you get when you know you shouldn't be alone in the room with that person? I'd sure as hell act on that.
    Although visions of dead people buried in the backyard....I'd be some what hesitant to act on that, and I am a great believer of acting on gut instincts. I'd examine it more. Although strong reactions like that, always pan out in some way or another. Just not in a literal sense. I'd let it sit a little bit and see what my subconscious was actually trying to tell me. I'm mean it could be there's been a lot of deaths in the family, or there was a pandemic in the past (I'm just throwing ideas out there).
    I'm not defending the psychic or the police here. I'm just putting another spin on the situation. I think both parties acted rashly....the media reaction completely disgusted me though.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She provided a very good description of both the outside and interior of the one-storey brown brick home and blood was found on the porch, which prompted police to get a search warrant and call in reinforcements.
    This is why the police acted on the call. As a guess, someone deliberately set the owner of the house up by using the psychic, potentially the suicider or family of, since they were aware of the blood and also the description of the inside.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

The only problem with trusting a psychic, is that psychic powers don't really exist, thus the psychic is just an idiot.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm sure I saw a movie with the same plot a few years back.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FigerPuppet

I would call the police. I think being a psychic and experiencing that sort of thing is a perfectly adequate reason to inform the authority. Especially if I had the gut feeling that it must be true. Nothing is stronger than intuition. Even if nothing turned up, better to be sure.
    I'm so glad the cops listened to her. It's so sweet <3