4w5
    Socionics
    INT-

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth
    Jeez.. the spin machine is out today.
    Yes... thanks for bringing it.
    No kidding...

An incident from a few years ago comes to mind, wherein the wrong house was raided by police, and the occupant in fact actually fired a shotgun (multiple times, though not hitting any officers), and what was the ultimate outcome?

...Police apologized to the family and placed the seven officers on leave while it investigates what went wrong.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317398,00.html

A slightly different reaction, no?

So, Qlippoth, as to what the "relevant facts" are; he was in his own home, he lawfully owned the gun in question, he didn't fire a shot, and there were no drugs found anywhere on the premise.
    I'd like to know what huge revelations you're waiting for here.

In your opinion, how was he or how could he have been at fault in this instance?
    He was awoken to the disorienting and panicked trauma of a house invasion, and frankly did the only logical thing he could have done under the circumstances- attempt to defend his family.
    INTP 4w5 SX/SP
    Tritype 4/5/8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I don't assume this dude was completely innocent.. I don't expect the SWAT team to be at my house anytime soon.. But even so.. 70+ times isn't even near within legal rights as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yes... thanks for bringing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan.of.Devin View Post
    No kidding...

An incident from a few years ago comes to mind, wherein the wrong house was raided by police, and the occupant in fact actually fired a shotgun (though not hitting any officers), and what was the ultimate outcome?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317398,00.html

A slightly different reaction, no?

So, Qlippoth, as to what the "relevant facts" are; he was in his own home, he lawfully owned the gun in question, he didn't fire a shot, and there were no drugs found anywhere on the premise.
    I'd like to know what huge revelations you're waiting for here.
    If those are the facts, then it's a travesty. Is that revalatory enough? I'm realy not trying to get anyone's goat, and any irritation I expressed was primarily being quoted out of context. I'd blame the miscommunication on MBTI, but we all seem to be P's here (with the exception of Disco).

BTW: Can't hit the link from work.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    The OP had lots of loaded words... ex-marine, mecca of prejudice.. etc. If you want to get down to the facts you need to try to see through that stuff. I'm not spinning anything. I'm just trying to distill the story to the relevant info, and there's not nearly enough of it.
    I've noticed Oberon doing that, it makes me think about type, is that a P thing? I would have associated it with F but perhaps its a mistake about what F is to think that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've noticed Oberon doing that, it makes me think about type, is that a P thing? I would have associated it with F but perhaps its a mistake about what F is to think that.
    That's a good question. I mean, when you open a post that way you aren't really opening a discussion, you're either opening an argument or support group. Maybe it's an E thing.. where you're projecting your convictions onto others?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    So you're saying I have an earned death too?
    My advice would be not to brandish a firearm against a SWAT team

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

According to Wikipedia,
    The Pima County Sheriff's department claims that this was not a no-knock search; though his widow states that she had no knowledge that the man she saw pointing a gun at her through the window was a police officer, and thought that he was part of a home invasion group. This was something she feared; as she has stated that two members of her sister-in-law's family were killed about 11 months previous in a home invasion.[3] As of May 23, 2011, that case, in which Cynthia and Manny Orozco were killed and their 2-year-old daughter received life-threating injuries, remains unsolved.[4]
    It is quite possible that they did not announce themselves properly. In Australia, they politely shout at you for hours before knocking your door down. It doesn't matter which way you spin it though, this is both a failure of training and actions of the individuals involved.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

My advice would be not to brandish a firearm against a SWAT team
    I'll brandish firearms (and shortly there after use them) against anyone breaking into my home if I don't know who they are.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    According to Wikipedia,

It is quite possible that they did not announce themselves properly. In Australia, they politely shout at you for hours before knocking your door down. It doesn't matter which way you spin it though, this is both a failure of training and actions of the individuals involved.
    Right. The sad truth is, no matter how dangerous the man inside is, he has basic rights that the police MUST enforce. That is their entire job. Bending the rules to catch the bad guys... you might as well not have rules at all at that point. It's all swell and good in movies, but this is the real world.. No one should be shot 70+ times for ANYTHING. Not even Bin Laden was shot that many times. This guy couldn't have done anything worse than that guy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    That's a good question. I mean, when you open a post that way you aren't really opening a discussion, you're either opening an argument or support group. Maybe it's an E thing.. where you're projecting your convictions onto others?
    Well that being the case there's a hell of a lot of threads on this forum which follow the same pattern.