User Tag List

First 1927282930 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Also, yay for NY.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

This is a step in the wrong direction. It's not because I hate faggots, it's because I hate marriage. It ruins people's lives. And then there's divorce, which, ideally, should be the best part of marriage, but ultimately ends up being worse, from what I have observed.

Actually Christians have slightly lower divorce rates than Jews.
    That's because divorce is mostly because of money.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm implying he's misrepresenting current divorce rates, but I did misread it as 10. 40 is actually probably a little high for Christian divorce rates. It's really just a nitpick.
    I haven't studied it, but it's a typical figure I've seen Evangelical leaders throw around in order to light a fire under Christian congregational members, to get them to work harder at their marriages.

I think the point he's making is absurd though. Basically just saying "If things were this way, then people would wish they were more like us!". It's like saying "if the dictators didn't kill anyone and everyone had a job and a lot of rights and good healthcare then people would like them" (which is of course an extreme version of the sentiment).
    Well, I do agree with his main point in that if people don't see Christians as living any differently or the faith providing any benefit to their lives, they're not going to be inclined to believe in God... God seems to make no difference to someone's life. And that, instead of trying to twist people's arms and argue them into belief, they'll make a lot more enduring impact by living lives that people are envious of.

I don't really care what some group does, as long as they stop trying to control all the other groups.

Also, yay for NY.
    We've got a weird country, each state having either a pro or anti law on the books. There's few left that haven't taken a legislative stand. A number saw the finger writing on the wall and made anti-same-sex laws back 10-15 years ago while they still had control of the legislature and before the tide shifted.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

figsfiggyfigs

GJ NY!!!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, if we can finally get California to allow gay marriage, it will be legal in the two states where it makes the most sense.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, if we can finally get California to allow gay marriage, it will be legal in the two states where it makes the most sense.
    I'm sad that New York got the law passed before California did... to make matters worse... we have a proposition to rule out gay marriage.

I really hope the judges around here will kick proposition 8 down the tubes.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

This may have already been posted, but also relevant: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5098127.story

The United Nations endorsed the rights of gay, lesbian and transgender people for the first time ever Friday, passing a resolution hailed as historic by the U.S. and other backers and decried by some African and Muslim countries.
    It's the first time the UN has passed anything regarding gay rights, apparently.

Yay UN, Yay New York.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Good for you NY.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTj

It is as it should be. The opposing view is ethically indefensible.