Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    It's pretty obvious people were never meant to wear clothes.

And by the way, it's pretty obvious same-sex intercourse actually works. So what you're saying is (and I think this is pretty obvious) that the human body shouldn't do something which the human body can do because it somehow wasn't meant to be.
    People obviously weren't "meant" to shave their legs, armpits, or groom their pubes - but isn't it nice when they do?

Furthermore, isn't it nice when they smell of lavender or roses or freshly washed laundry or patchouli or Old Spice instead of sweaty stench? But they obviously weren't meant to smell like flowers or spices or soap, huh?

I mean, a guy is too rough with a woman he could cause problems in her vag (see: rape victims) but isn't vaginal rape the most "natural" way?

Yeah, I think this conversation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    Homosexuality is pretty gay. No, really. I'm not coming from a point of moral superiority here, but it's pretty obvious intercourse was never meant to be same-sex

Post wins thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I don't think intercourse was ever meant to be anything.

And if we do assume some kind of original intent behind this entirely haphazard natural development, I'd still say I don't care. The consequences of the action are all that matter.
    No. There is a vogue, its modernism writ large, to pretend that all knowledge is invention or innovation, from the human mind, projected outwards, however even the first scientists, which were more akin to alchemy, knew that their theorising and knowledge was about discovery. Discover of objective rational rules or laws in a rational order independent, outside and other than the human mind.

The question is really what does it mean? The question of whether or not recreational sex of any kind is natural is the same as whether or not drinking alcohol or orange juice is natural, just because you can do it doesnt mean its natural or ordained or anything like that, I think its a red herring, it doesnt confer legitimacy all by itself. Questions of can or should are ethical not naturalistic questions.

There's no mistake that mating was intended to be between different sexes, heterosexuality is natural, its not a pseudonistic construct created to repress gay people. Recreational sex? Well it can be just about anything, however there's a lot of sexual habits which dont even register politically, homosexuality does, at one time homosexuals and their supporters didnt like that, presently it seems they do and want to maintain that.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    No. There is a vogue, its modernism writ large, to pretend that all knowledge is invention or innovation, from the human mind, projected outwards, however even the first scientists, which were more akin to alchemy, knew that their theorising and knowledge was about discovery. Discover of objective rational rules or laws in a rational order independent, outside and other than the human mind.

The question is really what does it mean? The question of whether or not recreational sex of any kind is natural is the same as whether or not drinking alcohol or orange juice is natural, just because you can do it doesnt mean its natural or ordained or anything like that, I think its a red herring, it doesnt confer legitimacy all by itself. Questions of can or should are ethical not naturalistic questions.

There's no mistake that mating was intended to be between different sexes, heterosexuality is natural, its not a pseudonistic construct created to repress gay people. Recreational sex? Well it can be just about anything, however there's a lot of sexual habits which dont even register politically, homosexuality does, at one time homosexuals and their supporters didnt like that, presently it seems they do and want to maintain that.
    Anything that happens within the natural universe is natural.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

The question is really what does it mean?
    What's the meaning of gravity?

This whole argument about gax sex being 'unnatural' reveals a misunderstanding of the concept of 'natural law'. Essentially, it confuses 'is's and 'ought's, description and prescription. A law that has been deduced from observation, but it has no moral content. Therefore, the category of 'natural' is not suited to classify certain actions as moral or immoral.

Just because a stone drops to the ground if I lift it up and open my hand doesn't mean that it has a moral obligation to do so. In the same vein, people have no moral obligation to exclusively engage in heterosexual intercourse because it is in accordance with the natural law of reproducing the species.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

This whole argument about gax sex being 'unnatural' reveals a misunderstanding of the concept of 'natural law'. Essentially, it confuses 'is's and 'ought's, description and prescription. A law that has been deduced from observation, but it has no moral content. Therefore, the category of 'natural' is not suited to classify certain actions as moral or immoral.

Just because a stone drops to the ground if I lift it up and open my hand doesn't mean that it has a moral obligation to do so. In the same vein, people have no moral obligation to exclusively engage in heterosexual intercourse because it is in accordance with the natural law of reproducing the species.
    I dont understand your point at all.

Heterosexuality would be equivalent to gravity, the argument about morality is a different matter and I was not making a moral or ethical observation or point, I was simply saying that heterosexuality is natural, what's wrong with that?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Post wins thread.
    Lol. By whose rules -- yours?

Like someone else said, it was never "meant" to be anything.
    But some of us assume it was, or assume what sort of purpose is justified (vs unjustified) for a particular behavior, hence the arguments.

All this thread has been teaching me is the degree to which each individual member has the world compressed into various sizes of boxes.

Heterosexuality would be equivalent to gravity,
    Really? On what basis?

I drop a stone and it falls to the ground every time.
    A kid grows up, and 2-4% of the time, he has same-sex attractions... and another percentile group has bisexual inclinations. It would be more consistent to say that a human being having sexual attraction of SOME sort is "natural," regardless of what the attraction is (and there are those who seem asexual, but I won't bother going there right now).

Hence, your comparisons are erroneous.

he argument about morality is a different matter and I was not making a moral or ethical observation or point, I was simply saying that heterosexuality is natural, what's wrong with that?
    Since, as I just showed above, homosexuality is not UNNATURAL within the frame of natural development, your statement is not scientific or neutral -- therefore, it must be based on personal inclinations and/or moral reasoning. This is why you are consistently being challenged for making what others see to be as moral judgments.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Er, no.

No matter how much you personally may dislike "boxes" or categorisation it is none the less objective reality, heterosexuality is natural. Why you hating? What you afraid of?

I dont see how you can suggest that my perspective is unscientific and not neutral when you yourself dont seem to accept an objective and scientific reality anyway. Others can see my points as moral judgements if they like, others would be wrong to do so though.

Ginkgo

Precisely.

Er, no.

No matter how much you personally may dislike "boxes" or categorisation it is none the less objective reality, heterosexuality is natural. Why you hating? What you afraid of?

I dont see how you can suggest that my perspective is unscientific and not neutral when you yourself dont seem to accept an objective and scientific reality anyway. Others can see my points as moral judgements if they like, others would be wrong to do so though.
    I'd recommend trying to understand the things you talk and read about with such fervor.

MBTI
    STP

The anus also doesn't produce natural lubricant during arousal. I can't even see why this would be a discussion... I know you people are smarter than this.