User Tag List

First 111920212223 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Obedient servants of imaginary masters can be quite dangerous. Haven't you ever seen Frailty?
    They are dangerous but not malicious, those who, in trying to save you, put you to death.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Guys... it's fine to disagree strongly on this topic, it certainly raises strong feelings; but let's rein in the character slander, please. At this point, some of you have dropped into "heckling/pillory" mode, and that's not something to promote.

(I'm in class right now and have to get back, nor am I in a position to moderate this thread anyway due to my immersion in it... but I'm thinking some stuff will end up being scrubbed and/or the thread locked if things continue as they are.)

Thanks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Mine was meant to be more of a joke and just playing-around, but if you feel the need, scrub away.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Group hug session when this thread has run it's course.... Anyone?*

*These hugs are totally heterosexual in nature.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Note: anyone using the "it can't produce life" argument is banning post-menopausal women and barren men and women from having a marital or sexual relationship for the same reason. And birth control of any sort, which is pretty awful considering it can and does save lives.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Group hug session when this thread has run it's course.... Anyone?*

*These hugs are totally heterosexual in nature.
    I believe the terminology in the hip hop world would be "no homo"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well the procreation thing just has to do with them wanting more people to be in their tribe, and it made sense when the world was less populated.

I mean if these people would just look at science and history, and compare it to the Bible, they would understand that these motives weren't ever "God's will" ...it was for practical reasons like, the pork and shellfish thing had to do with sanitation. A lot of this stuff had to due with disease, social control, and the marriage/virgin thing is about guarenteeing paternity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well the procreation thing just has to do with them wanting more people to be in their tribe, and it made sense when the world was less populated.

I mean if these people would just look at science and history, and compare it to the Bible, they would understand that these motives weren't ever "God's will" ...it was for practical reasons like, the pork and shellfish thing had to do with sanitation. A lot of this stuff had to due with disease, social control, and the marriage/virgin thing is about guarenteeing paternity.
    Of course, nowadays people not having kids is probably a good thing, and it's even better if they help kids out who are living in orphanages or group homes or the like.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Yea, pretty much what I figured. Most of it has no bearings on the present. People need to rework the book and at least update it little-by-little, or write something new. I remember from a little girl not having a clue what they were talking about but being very confused and very afraid. LoL. Especially when they said things that were "magical" and didn't make any sense at all...... I just ended up ignoring it and them too, because everytime I thought about it, it just scared me to death. And of course, trust was eroded. I still don't think I could read it without getting paranoid lol......of course, that doesn't take much for me. haha.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Of course, nowadays people not having kids is probably a good thing, and it's even better if they help kids out who are living in orphanages or group homes or the like.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Yea, pretty much what I figured. Most of it has no bearings on the present. People need to rework the book and at least update it little-by-little, or write something new. I remember from a little girl not having a clue what they were talking about but being very confused and very afraid. LoL. Especially when they said things that were "magical" and didn't make any sense at all...... I just ended up ignoring it and them too, because everytime I thought about it, it just scared me to death. And of course, trust was eroded. I still don't think I could read it without getting paranoid lol......of course, that doesn't take much for me. haha.
    I was scared to death of both the Old Testament and Revelations as a child. Really the only good thing about the Bible is the Gospels (but the Gospels are still full of sexist fairy stories about virgins giving birth to babies), and I still kind of see it that way as an adult, frankly. I mean, there are reverends and priests who have torn their hair out trying to justify and rationalize all of the heinous, contradicting crap in the Bible, and they'll be happy to pelt you with those rationalizations for hours on end, but the people who are really fun are the ones who say, "Don't question God's word. Don't question authority. Don't question anything." I'm like...yeah....about that...