User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 58

  1. #31
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    -the woman didn't know who he was till later.
    Was he not at least the guest from room so-and-so?

  2. #32
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Was he not at least the guest from room so-and-so?
    Why would she know or care? Just another rich dude in the $3000 room.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    ...so you think he can't be a rapist. As I told it, you said rich men don't rape.
    I am not going to correct you again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You have'nt actually any real information but only speculations about what you think about him.
    Indeed. I never claimed otherwise. The opening post even urged me to speculate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Ooooh, now the victim and the hotel knew who he was.
    Did he live there illegally or anonymously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Apparently you don't know yourself who he is.
    I know that he is the director of the IMF and a French politician. That is about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    But every people who know him personaly are aware of his sexual depravation. He is a public person? He is above all a powerful person, the kind of guy that women hesite to attack in justice because thay are afraid of them. Several past affairs have recently surfaced since the "incident". Including the case of a women named Tristane Banon who is a socialist and who the daughter had been sexually abused by DSK for the past. But she asked her to not attack him because that could harm her political career. Since the incident, she finally revealed the past affair, as soon as she revealed it, french socialist told her that "she has not her place anymore at the Parti Socialist".
    Do you know him personally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No. He rape women several times and that never threatened his careers, he's the typycal sort of guy who is in power circles since decades and is protected from any sort of justice. It's time to stop that shit.
    If he is protected from any sort of justice, how can it ever stop? Moreover, why is he in jail right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    (facepalm) And now you thik that people in power position are likely to be sane. I prefer to laugh.
    I think the notion that people in power positions are likely insane is more laughable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    We can call it "agressive seduction" when you kiss a girl without ask her permision, not when you take her and force her to go in you bedroom, lock the door and put your cock in her mouth.
    Perhaps she agreed to have sex with him, yet when he began his act, it turned out too aggressive for her. I was not there. I have no way of knowing what actually happened (as have you, by the way).

  4. #34
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why would she know or care? Just another rich dude in the $3000 room.
    The point is that it was not an anonymous man in a forest who raped her, but the very tangible man from room so-and-so, who, therefore, is not going to get away with it if she chooses to file a complaint.

  5. #35
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The point is that it was not an anonymous man in a forest who raped her, but the very tangible man from room so-and-so, who, therefore, is not going to get away with it if she chooses to file a complaint.
    Did she know he was a guest? Likely.
    Did she know who he was? Reports say no.

  6. #36
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am not going to correct you again.
    The opening post even urged me to speculate.
    You speculated that his wealth decrease his chance to actually be a rapist. I pointed how stupid it is.

    Do you know him personally?
    So, apparently you consider all theses testify as potential lies. You prefer to not consider them seriously, because that would implie to consider seriously that you are wrong. Assuming that, even if I knew him personnaly, would you believe me? Tell me that!

    If he is protected from any sort of justice, how can it ever stop? Moreover, why is he in jail right now?
    The thing is that american justice is more severe and prone to pursue sexually depraved politician than french justice. A theory is that Sarko defended his nomination as IMF's boss because he knew how DSK behave and knew that could easily make him fall.

    I think the notion that people in power positions are likely insane is more laughable.
    To cerrect you, I never said people in power position are often insane. But you said it is unlikely to happen, wich, of course, is wrong.

    Perhaps she agreed to have sex with him, yet when he began his act, it turned out too aggressive for her. I was not there. I have no way of knowing what actually happened (as have you, by the way).
    Problem is that defense initially said he never had sex with her, and then said it was a consented relationship wich turned wrong. The simple fact that they change thyier version show DSK's culpability.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  7. #37
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    She is a Muslim who wears a headscarf, and a refugee. The chances of her 'asking for it' are remote. Therefore, it's more likely that he assualted her.

  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    She is a Muslim who wears a headscarf, and a refugee. The chances of her 'asking for it' are remote. Therefore, it's more likely that he assualted her.
    Obviously, she is striking back at the French for the headscarf ban!

  9. #39
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You speculated that his wealth decrease his chance to actually be a rapist.
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I pointed how stupid it is.
    No, at first you intentionally misread what I said and called that stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    So, apparently you consider all theses testify as potential lies. You prefer to not consider them seriously, because that would implie to consider seriously that you are wrong.
    The way you take a whim and run with it is fascinating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Assuming that, even if I knew him personnaly, would you believe me? Tell me that!
    If you told me that you know him personally, I would try to investigate whether you tell the truth. If that claim proves true, then I would indeed also give credit to your statement that he is a rapist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The thing is that american justice is more severe and prone to pursue sexually depraved politician than french justice. A theory is that Sarko defended his nomination as IMF's boss because he knew how DSK behave and knew that could easily make him fall.
    So Strauss-Kahn is such a compulsive rapist-madman that he did not notice the difference between American and French justice and simply continued he series of sexual assaults as usual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    To cerrect you, I never said people in power position are often insane. But you said it is unlikely to happen, wich, of course, is wrong.
    I said it is unlikely that a man in his position suffers from such a lack of caution, because his job - and he cannot be completely incompetent - requires him to think about consequences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Problem is that defense initially said he never had sex with her, and then said it was a consented relationship wich turned wrong. The simple fact that they change thyier version show DSK's culpability.
    There are possible explanations why an innocent man might do that, but I agree: that does look bad.

  10. #40
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Social differences? Oh, I guess you think I'am rich, right?



    Strauss-Kahn is not marxist but he is really socialist. And keynesian. The concept of IMF is to tax money and use is to attribute financial help to country in order to regulate economy. That is socialism. And since he is at IMF, Strauss-Kahn have always practiced an expensive policy in order to "help" countries. He is truly a socialist.
    No, I dont think you are truly rich. (but who knows)
    However I do believe that people around you in general earn more money than people around me. But the local cost of living is higher so that probably compensates things a little bit. (for example most people can only dream that they will make 1000 euros a month, but that is beside the point)



    On the other hand what you have named is capitalism with socialistic elements if we judge by my local standards. Which is because the entire spectrum is moved further away from unregulated market.


    I mean I have no desire to argue with you. I am simply saying that I dont see this person as a socialist.




    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Oh, I must have missed the second part of that post.

    Could you please elaborate?!
    Do you mean that a member of the socialist party (he belongs to the right wing of the PS which roughly corresponds to a moderate Democrat and was responsible for a wide range of privatizations) is by nature more likely to rape somebody or that somebody who was a communist in his youth and later became a moderate and moved much more towards the centre betrayed his ideals and therefor can't be trusted? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

    To be honest I didnt know who the guy is until this happened. However my little comment is placed there more a sarcasm or irony. Especially since you can make huge numbers of scenarios about what happened in that room or calculate for days is this truly a set up of some kind. The media will say plenty of things like this but you can never be truly sure about what is the actually true.


    But to give you a more concrete answer. Yes I think that he cant be trusted.
    The very fact that he is in his current position means that he has questionable values. Second thing: if he truly was a communist then he truly came a long way from his original ideals. Unless of course he is trying to destroy the system from within. What again leads us back to the questionable values.
    Third: I know very little about this person but if it is true that this is not the first time that he did something like this to some woman the conclusion is obvious.


    In our hands we have a maniac that will do pretty much everything to stay in power and it does no take NO for an answer.

Similar Threads

  1. Strauss-Howe generational theory: What's your take? Where do you fit in?
    By xisnotx in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO