Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Early term fetuses are parasitic and not yet viable they are not yet "human beings", but merely in a transitionary state. If they were human beings, they would be recognised by the state as citizens and therefore have full legal protections. Ergo, empirically early term abortion is not murder.

It is really strange that some people care so much about banning early term abortions, but do absolutely nothing politically or otherwise to help prevent child mortality around the world.
    I know, right?

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    There is no substantial difference between the percentage of men and women who support or oppose abortion; the premise of the thread is fundamentally flawed.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/127559/Ed...-Abortion.aspx
    The premise of that study is fundamentally flawed as well. American Universities are very liberal; what will you expect will be the result when a bunch of malleable and impressionable minds are exposed to them?
    “Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.” - G. K. Chesterton

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    The premise of that study is fundamentally flawed as well. American Universities are very liberal; what will you expect will be the result when a bunch of malleable and impressionable minds are exposed to them?
    I bet you're a lot of fun at a party. Do you just sit there and glare at everyone? Or do you actively tell them how stupid they are?

I bet you're a baby INTJ. I can't fathom an INFJ or INTP having your signature.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Abortion is a tricky issue. I'm all for freedom of choice, but I take issue when the subject of your choice is someone that isn't yourself. "Pro-choice" is silly because you're choosing for someone who isn't even born yet. I can "choose" to kill you right now; would that fit under the umbrella of "freedom of choice".

The problem is that fetuses aren't really totally "human" yet. I would personally draw the line at six months, since around then is when executive functioning begins to develop and it becomes at least something resembling a "human". Late term abortions are definitely infanticide, there's no question about that. The problem is should infanticide be legal? On one hand, it's murder, so yes, of course, but on the other, how happy will that baby really be if the mother doesn't even want it? How good of an environment will the child be in if the mother was so irresponsible that she couldn't even use a condom or eat some birth control pills? This brings us back to the debate in the eugenics thread.

I'm for abortion in cases of rape and incest, by the way. Although if she does wait until the third term to notify the doctor or whatever, she should probably be sent to jail or killed for being a degenerate. I'm also an atheist, so this has nothing to do with any religious BS.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    There's a lot of female support for straight white men being in power?

I don't know whether to laugh or take you seriously.

I'm sure we cannot have a proper democracy if one group's needs are held above everyone else's.

That's not a true democracy, and in this case, I must agree with Victor's post.

Good 'ol Victor.
    Men and women have clearly defined roles that are defined through biology and neuroscience. Wanting "power" is a masculine trait. Women who want "power" are usually unhappy; they may be wealthy but are always unfulfilled. In a balanced family environment, with both parents caring and loving the child, the result should be an adult whose career fits with their biological gender role. Someone like Hillary Clinton probably had negative experiences with women and thus gravitated toward the more "masculine" way of being.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    There's a lot of female support for straight white men being in power?

I don't know whether to laugh or take you seriously.

I'm sure we cannot have a proper democracy if one group's needs are held above everyone else's.

That's not a true democracy, and in this case, I must agree with Victor's post.

Good 'ol Victor.
    A democracy does not ensure equitable outcomes; it merely (under optimal conditions) allows for equal participation in politics. You seem to be conflating politics with economics. Nevertheless, in a heterogeneous society there will always exist social tension as various group interests (be they real or perceived) compete. Also, I believe that your "patriarchy" is, for the most part, farcical and disingenuous. There is not so much a "patriarchy" as there is a capitalist class, of which a disproportionate number is representative of heterosexual white males (I wonder, however, if it would serve to ameliorate your contention if the majority were homosexual non-white females).

The "patriarchy" is an invalid concept, as it applies only to the elite. The average male in our feminized and consumerist society is hardly in a position to gain from such an "institution," which is, at best, a loose description of capitalist class relations. You are oversimplifying the social condition.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

I use the term "role" very loosely. I'm not saying all women should be rigidly confined to certain professions; rather, men and women are fundamentally different and should do things that those differences lend themselves to doing. A woman and a man could be doctors, but the female doctor will probably be more "caring" whereas the male doctor would be more analytical and "aggressive". These things are not due to "social" factors; gender roles have a basis in biological reality. Like I said before, we're evolutionary bred so that women stay at home and care for children and men go out and bring home the means by which to do so.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    Except, as far as I know, there's nothing innate about black people than lends them to Bass playing. Biology and chemistry (hormones) do lend women into a more "nurturing" role.
    Oh get a clue.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Banned

It's a fairly difficult OP to answer, because even though I might consider myself as a 'somewhat' traditional male in Scotland, none of the things identified in the OP are relevant to what a traditional Scottish male would see themselves as. Someone's going to have to go over to the states and drag the American's kicking and screaming into the enlightenment one of these days.