User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How naive.
    How vapid. Now that the niceties are over, did you have something constructive to add?
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Bill Gates is not a particularly powerful, domineering man. He's a nerdy dude that has, like, say, a bazillion dollars of worth just being reserved.
    Again, Bill Gates don't represent the norm, and despite thoses few traits you quoted, he totally come as masculine.

Submissive, insecure PEOPLE are not going to be as successful. But it is not limited to men. Women have to be MORE aggressive many times just to try earning the same wages and pay. If anything, I argue that women need to be more aggressive than men to survive now-a-days.
    The thing is just that agressivity is not the better way for women to get power. Their power is more efficient in their sexuality and their seduction. And women's seduction don't work like men's seduction. Men need to be assertive, agressive, powerful, tough and achieve great things to be attractive. Women don't need that. They just need to be attractive, passive, and take off their clothes. Doing that they can get power toward a powerful man, and escape the necessity to work hard. Men and women intuitively know that, this is why genders differences automatically happen, and it is not an injustice, it is a natural phenomenon. Not a social construct.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    How vapid. Now that the niceties are over, did you have something constructive to add?
    Gender != biological sex.
    If gender != biological sex, then it must = social construct.
    Therefore, gender = social construct.

The basic idea is really simple.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Yeah, biological sex. That's the expression I was looking for :o)

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Naturally doesn't mean shit. By nature's intent, I should be aggresive, dominating, powerful, ambitious, and competitive. I'm not though; despite being born male I'm sincere, kind, quiet, thoughtful, and peaceful. Which means that biological gender doesn't influence psychological gender; that aspect of gender is more likely infleunced by society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Sorry, but... srsly? You are definitely one of the more assertive members of any forum I have seen you participate in. I would be far more inclined to place you in the first bucket, not the second, if I was forced to choose. Do you present that differently IRL?
    Sorry but I disagree here. I see Savage Idealist as having all the 'feminine' qualities he listed in spades. He can be assertive at times, especially regarding certain values he holds dear but isn't that the trademark of dominant Fi? Assertive is different from being agressive and domineering, which I don't see much of.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes, you are a wimp. But it is something personal. It's just you. And if you admit yourself that you are different from what your gender typically is, you admit yourself that gender exist. You are feminine, but you have always knew you were feminine because you saw that most part of other males were masculine. Seeing that natural phenomenon which is gender.
    He may come across as a feminine male (I admit I mistaken him for a female at first) but he is far from a wimp.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Ginkgo

There's sex, and then there's gender. One has to ask oneself, is gender a willful delusion if it does not correspond with sex? Is it even possible to correspond social expectations with sex, or do they exist independently? Just how far can a social expectation be shifted out of what is real before it proves to effect those realities?

At the end of the day, does duty = biological potential? I don't think so. People always have a choice to either carry out what they appear physically capable of doing, or do what resonates most with not what they are, but who they are. I choose not to objectify others; I'd rather treat them as personal, delicate, and autonomous.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Gender != biological sex.
    If gender != biological sex, then it must = social construct.
    Therefore, gender = social construct.

The basic idea is really simple.
    I think social constructs proceed from biological necessity. (We need to create them in order to survive).

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    I'm disappointed in you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, aristocracy allowed women to devy from gender. But what is aristocracy? A social construct.
    Learning to read and write is male now? Or not cooking? Or not wanting to be bothered with caring for children?

Enjoy your absurd strawman argument.

MBTI
    IsFJ

The thing is just that agressivity is not the better way for women to get power. Their power is more efficient in their sexuality and their seduction. And women's seduction don't work like men's seduction. Men need to be assertive, agressive, powerful, tough and achieve great things to be attractive. Women don't need that. They just need to be attractive, passive, and take off their clothes. Doing that they can get power toward a powerful man, and escape the necessity to work hard. Men and women intuitively know that, this is why genders differences automatically happen, and it is not an injustice, it is a natural phenomenon. Not a social construct.
    Surely you're not suggesting women take the "casting couch" route and willingly objectify themselves in order to get some advancement in a system where they are disavantaged? That sounds a bit too much like becoming prostitutes no matter what job they get...