First 123412 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah I like the entire concept of early French feminism because they realized waaaaaay back before third wave feminism in America that feminists could still look pretty, and that being sexual in any way you wanted to be was part of being feminist.

Americans made feminism - particularly during second wave feminism - something that had to be hard, masculine...basically an imitation of men. I don't think that's the answer.

But I do respect lesbians/transgender/queer women and other women who embrace a more masculine persona, and their intrinsic right as free people to live as they see fit.

I'm just saying that feminism need not be confused with "aggressive" and "asexual or homosexual" and the French realized that almost a century before we collectively did in the States.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm going to make Marmie my bitch.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm going to make Marmie my bitch.
    You'll find her aggressive and unpredictable, like an undomesticated russian FOX.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I like the excited unpredictability of guessing ahead of time what side Perch will pick when he drags out his next volatile topic. I never quite know!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    You'll find her aggressive and unpredictable, like an undomesticated russian FOX.
    I totally want to put that in my signature.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I thought redScorpion was banned.

Regardless, I'll play.

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    This was probably the stupid thing I've ever heard. Gender isn't just a "social construct". In the entire animal kingdom, and with mammals in particular, women stay at home and raise children while men go out and hunt. This is the dynamic that is the most natural, not just for animals, but for humans as well.

While there are certain species which fall into that model in a group setting, the basis for that is not solely based upon sex, but more so efficiency and survival, and as also stated there's plenty of animal species that deviate from that model as well. As far as humans in relation to animals go, the lack of complex brain functionality and the constant danger facing their survival prevents animals from evolving socially, thus survival and prolonging the existence of the species are the only two major concerns, everything else just beyond their natural range of intelligence without some type of outside manipulation. Humans on the other hand live in modernized civilizations(for the most part) that don't require us to act in a survivalist, animalistic mode of thinking. Evolution and ingenuity has allowed us to reach a point beyond which needing those types(speaking in terms of which gender would be most efficient at fulfilling these vital tasks.) of roles would be necessary for our survival, thus they're both primitive modes of thinking and useless in our current state.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I like the excited unpredictability of guessing ahead of time what side Perch will pick when he drags out his next volatile topic. I never quite know!
    Yea, he does spark the board.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I totally want to put that in my signature.
    Please!

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Gish is trying really hard to be a troll in another thread. Failing pretty badly.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think gender is entirely a social construct, it's derived in part by natural biological differentiations based on reproductive role. However, some of the things layered into our expression and experience of gender socially are derived from cultural concerns, not biological ones... especially when we get into a deterministic role and insist on trapping people within boxes simply because they were born a particular way and regardless of their capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Gish is trying really hard to be a troll in another thread. Failing pretty badly.
    What does this have to do with gender?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft