User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I bet most of them are the "birthers" people.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Pictures of Bin Laden will just result in the doubters saying it's all doctored photos or staged impersonators. These people are leading with sentiment, no practical evidence will change their minds.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    STUF

He should be crucified on the white house lawn so we can all hit him with our shoes and it would act as proof.
    Whoops.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mae View Post
    I don't understand why people want to see the pictures. I understand curiosity (I looked, too), but the people who are rabid for it just... disturb me.
    Its not just the possibility that his supporters wont believe he's dead, the first people who I heard raise doubts about this, and within hours of the announcement, were Obama hating Americans, they all suggested it was a stunt to make him popular with the public.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Pictures of Bin Laden will just result in the doubters saying it's all doctored photos or staged impersonators. These people are leading with sentiment, no practical evidence will change their minds.
    I'm inclined to agree with that, there's been all kinds of weird sentiments expressed already suggesting that Osama when he appeared in different videos was not the same person, that he used look a likes the same as both Sadam and Gaddafi (and Churchill during the war), some suggesting that it was a clever tactic employed bond villain like by Osama himself others that the whole thing was a conspiracy of the US state, either to blacken islam (understandably this was the line from a lot of muslims, politicised or apolitical) or because Osama was dead some place and it couldnt be confirmed or was pretty inglorious (million dollar rocket hits mud hut and leaves human stains behind it) and was being kept in reserve to use as a propaganda coup later (I heard that mainly from anti-Obama elements in the US).

MBTI
    ISTx

I want to see the pictures because we should have the right to. Bin Laden was an enemy of the U.S.... all of its citizens. Why should only the leaders, our country's representatives at the top have the luxury of seeing pictures and making the decision that he is indeed dead. There are DNA tests and there is photographic proof? Well then, let us see it. What's the big deal? I don't think it's a hoax, but I'm never fully convinced of anything until I have some definitive or at least highly suggestive proof. It would be nice to be extended the courtesy.

There was little hesitation to release photos of the Abu Ghraib incidents. You're not going to piss the Jihadists off much more than with pictures of that nature. I really don't think releasing Bin Laden's photos is going to jeopardize us or the troops any further than where things already are.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ignite View Post
    I want to see the pictures because we should have the right to. Bin Laden was an enemy of the U.S.... all of its citizens. Why should only the leaders, our country's representatives at the top have the luxury of seeing pictures and making the decision that he is indeed dead. There are DNA tests and there is photographic proof? Well then, let us see it. What's the big deal? I don't think it's a hoax, but I'm never fully convinced of anything until I have some definitive or at least highly suggestive proof. It would be nice to be extended the courtesy.

There was little hesitation to release photos of the Abu Ghraib incidents. You're not going to piss the Jihadists off much more than with pictures of that nature. I really don't think releasing Bin Laden's photos is going to jeopardize us or the troops any further than where things already are.
    I'll bet you dont believe that Hitler's dead too.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'll bet you dont believe that Hitler's dead too.
    HE's NOT DEAD!!!!!!!

Sniffles

There was one photo that claimed to be of Bin Laden's body but it was proven to be a fake.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'd actually suspect, given the status of the Bin Laden family that they've requested and been given the body to intern it in their own private or family cemetary and that's the reason there's been a big buried at sea story, the family themselves probably want the remains of their errant son but dont want his burial site to become a site of pilgrimage for fanatics anymore than anyone else. Which is entirely understandable.