User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default What do you think about money?

Your thoughts on money please? I'm reading a big book on the topic by someone call Simmel, its hard going.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Money does bring happiness- to a point. If you don't have enough money its difficult to get your basic needs met. You need money to afford a place to live, to buy food and clothing, and to maintain your health. It's pretty hard to be happy if you have difficultly satisfying these basic needs. Money also buys freedom to some extent. The more money you have, the more options you have as to what you can do. You have more entertainment options available to you, you can travel more, have more choices as to what to eat and what to wear.

On the other hand, money can lead to bad feelings. It begins to be a game of keeping up with the Joneses and feeling bad if you can't keep up. Or you have alot of money and keep buying material things thinking that they will satisfy you but really would satisfy you is something that money can't buy. Such as love and friendship. Some people wrongly equate money with one's worth in society.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Money does bring happiness- to a point. If you don't have enough money its difficult to get your basic needs met. You need money to afford a place to live, to buy food and clothing, and to maintain your health. It's pretty hard to be happy if you have difficultly satisfying these basic needs. Money also buys freedom to some extent. The more money you have, the more options you have as to what you can do. You have more entertainment options available to you, you can travel more, have more choices as to what to eat and what to wear.

On the other hand, money can lead to bad feelings. It begins to be a game of keeping up with the Joneses and feeling bad if you can't keep up. Or you have alot of money and keep buying material things thinking that they will satisfy you but really would satisfy you is something that money can't buy. Such as love and friendship. Some people wrongly equate money with one's worth in society.

This, (the bolded.) I'm someone who didn't have any for the longest time. Now, the more the merrier! I'm not sure how to manage my money effectively. I try really hard to learn the way that people who have money think. From what I'm learning, it's a whole new mindset.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think once you have it, it can screw you up. When you don't have it, you want it again, thus creating a crappy cycle of only feeling happy when you're not broke. That is what I have observed in people with money. I grew up poor and have always been so. I feel very easy to please most of the time. If I have a quiet environment outside then I automatically feel happier. No amount of money can buy that for me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post

its like your just throwing anything out there for the negatvies.

i think the root of all evil is a lack of money. the only negative i seen, is If you are a major DI*& that money enables you to be one on a global scale

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like money. I think it's necessary. Like people have already mentioned, you need it to fulfill your basic needs and it also gives you freedom to a certain extent.

On the other hand, it shouldn't be an all-consuming passion, I mean like if the quality of your life is poor just because you're trying to work 100 hours a week to make money, that's just stupid. I'd rather work a more balanced amount and have less money, as long as I had enough to have a certain level of security and freedom.

What Meek said is true - money can't buy you peace, quiet, restfulness, etc. However, it helps in being able to buy what you need.

I think it's best to have a balanced attitude toward money. Hating money is foolish, and I think anyone who has ever been poor or working class probably realizes that, but loving money above all else isn't really the answer to anything either, and can cause problems as well.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

I can be happy with "just enough", but have no doubt that I would be happier with more. Money is freedom, to me.
    However, acquiring it in excess is not one of my priorities.
    I do not feel like money makes anyone special. One's spending power does not make them "better".
    I do not begrudge those who have it, nor pity those who don't.
    If there is a problem, money is not it. People and their greed and irresponsibility are a problem.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

Phantonym

Love it, hate it, can't really go without it. I'd rather like to go without it and all the negative things money brings.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Money is good to have and it's nice if you can spend it, but it truly sucks if it's gone.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6xkT7FMyTc"]MONEY!!! <3<3<3[/YOUTUBE]
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

it is a number associated to my bank account, that hopefully will always rise at least up to 60 years of age.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp