User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I fricking hate it, but at this point it's a necessary evil. And in our society, life is definitely easier with it than without it.

It's the root of all evil
    of strife and upheaval
    but I'm certain honey
    that life would be sunny
    with plenty of money and you
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Lol ExFP talking about money as if it's an idealized thing to "want" like a relationship with another human being sorry i couldn't help it!
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol ExFP talking about money as if it's an idealized thing to "want" like a relationship with another human being sorry i couldn't help it!
    It is, though. I'm starting to wonder if a relationship with another human being is just a big farce. (Well, not completely, I just don't see why money and success and everything else has to come second all the time) Why does that have to be more important than money?? Really? Why is it bad to want money?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

I have found that those that have the least amount of anything, are the ones most generous with what they have.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I like it. It allows me to do things that I enjoy doing - traveling, paying for gas so that I can go into the mountains to hike, eating out occasionally, buying healthy food to cook with, drinking tea, buying a lens for my camera so that I can try to take better photos because I really enjoy doing that.... and so on. It also allows me to NOT have to worry about staying healthy and seeing doctors, about paying bills, about having a nice place to live in where I feel safe.

I've never been driven by it, however. Had I had a really high salary as my end goal, and felt the need to maintain some sort of social status as defined by buying things that are expensive, or owning multiple houses, or whatever, I would have gone into a field that would have guaranteed a high salary, and the salary piece would have been my filter in determining career/job. Salary is now A factor, as having been in the workforce for over 10 years, I'm in a position to be above where I started (which was $10/hr, no benefits), and so I have the experience and maneuvering room to be able to go for higher salaries and expect higher as well, but it's not an infinite ladder that I have my eyes set on.

I'm comfortable, I know I have a good salary and way better than many looking at culture as a whole (so I feel fortunate), I like being able to do the above-mentioned 'fun' things, I like being able to put money into savings, and also into a separate 401k.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESFJ

I like it (i hoard money) but my life doesn't resolve around it. I've been dirt poor and been happy. I've done OK and been happy. I'm not materialisic so as long as i am content within, then i am content without.

What i find rather comical is seeing who your friends are when you have little as opposed to when you have a lot.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I like this view. I am like that, too, except have my times of splurging. (To make the saving more fun.) I think as long as it doesn't become an obsession, and you don't discount other priorities in your life, money is a great, great thing. It's fun to play with and try to do better and better. I never want to spend up to my means. Everything is a balance.

Money is not what's evil. It's wanting more than you can afford and having the wrong idea about money. Debt and being tied down with things is what makes people unhappy.
    There is the saying about "neither a lender nor borrower be" and that makes sense.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Your thoughts on money please?
    The major problem with money is that it is anti-democratic. If it was not related to the amount of power you have in the society, then it might be ok. I don't see how people are not demanding real democracy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Miscellanous ramblings...

I understand that some form of currency is needed when doing commerce between large entities such as companies and countries. It's just that having the same currency and exchange rate at the individual level makes it feel like the individuals are at the whims of the 'market'. It may have been ok when people lived and traded in closed economies but when the world became smaller due to telecommunications and the Internet, the wealth disparity issues just make it too susceptible to manipulation.

Also, the odds are clearly stacked in the favour of those who have lots of money since the more money you have, the ability to make even more money increases. Being able to use the money to influence political decisions doesn't make it any better. Don't remember where I read this but imagine a game of cards where some of the players have gold chips in addition to normal chips. And the rule is that the people with the gold chips can change the rules of the game.

Anyway, I have no idea how the current system can be 'fixed' or even if it needs to be 'fixed'. I'm fortunate in that I have a comfortable job and some savings/investments, but there is always a chance that I would wake up one day and find that it is all just virtual money and completely worthless.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    It is, though. I'm starting to wonder if a relationship with another human being is just a big farce. (Well, not completely, I just don't see why money and success and everything else has to come second all the time) Why does that have to be more important than money?? Really? Why is it bad to want money?
    Lol, I didn't want to say it's bad, really. I just think it might be dangerous to consider money as something someone "wants" as if it's not just a medium of exchange. I mean, if someone is interested in you, then it's relatively *easy* to act and start a relationship. OTOH you might want money with all your being, but there might be a thousand reasons why you won't get it, outside of your control (bad economy, crashes, bad luck).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp