User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Oberon

I think I'm going to submit to the group that we have already been involved in a sort of unwitting eugenics program.

For the last two centuries we have been (to a degree) selectively breeding for those who can adapt to technology. People who succeed at this have the best chance at reproducing, and people who fail at it have a reduced chance.

We've also been breeding (increasingly selectively) for all the traits that make succeessful city-dwellers.

But this has been simply through trends in the population, not through any program of central planning.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I think I'm going to submit to the group that we have already been involved in a sort of unwitting eugenics program.

For the last two centuries we have been (to a degree) selectively breeding for those who can adapt to technology. People who succeed at this have the best chance at reproducing, and people who fail at it have a reduced chance.

We've also been breeding (increasingly selectively) for all the traits that make succeessful city-dwellers.

But this has been simply through trends in the population, not through any program of central planning.
    Speak for yourself, I still breed for fun
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Speak for yourself, I still breed for fun
    Yeah? How many children do you have?

You may couple for fun, but it's not breeding unless you're planting babies.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

öööööööhhhhhh daddy's serious today

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Can you explain this further?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Technology? Poor, uneducated people seem to be the most prolific breeders to me. So we're selcting for whatever traits those groups share (adapting to technology doesn't seem to be one of them).
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Although I think its all going to turn out like that movie Idiocracy now.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You three doom mongers really need a TV show

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

That's just evolution. There's a difference between actively removing traits from the gene pool, and passively letting traits die off.

What baffles me is that people here continue to fuel the desires of an ambiguous troll... are you people that bored?